What's new

Concerned about China's rise, Southeast Asian nations build up militaries

Yes, does he make some racist comments to call all Asian men are skinny anime obsessed freaks and Asian women were self-hating golddigging whores.

Chairman Mao was right, Western liberals are more vile than Western conservatives. Western conservatives can be racist and xenophobia, but at least they are candid and never hide themselves. However, liberals are plain hypocrites, the closet racists call themselves not racists.

Never trust any Western liberals, bunch of backstabbers.

(I'm not a huge fan of Chairman Mao).

TorontoNoctis is clearly being racist and stereotyping though, and doing a very poor effort of trying to cover it up. :lol:

Perhaps we can just pretend that he didn't say anything and save him some unnecessary embarrassment.

<TorontoNoctis is clearly being racist and stereotyping though, and doing a very poor effort of trying to cover it up.

Perhaps we can just pretend that he didn't say anything and save him some unnecessary embarrassment.>

Fu&king tin can has let the cat out of the bag. Take no prisoner.

He's probably a fu&king white bald obese man who can only dreams of dating an Asian woman.

Yes, does he make some racist comments to call all Asian men are skinny anime obsessed freaks and Asian women were self-hating golddigging whores.

Chairman Mao was right, Western liberals are more vile than Western conservatives. Western conservatives can be racist and xenophobia, but at least they are candid and never hide themselves. However, liberals are plain hypocrite, the closet racists call themselves not racists.

Never trust any Western liberals, bunch of backstabbers.

:blah: Heh heh what a joker. Lie if you want but anyone can go back, see my non-edited post and see I didn't say all. I didn't even use the words gold digger. And I didn't say anything about self-hating so that's another lie. Based on your conception of "self" which includes culture so anyone who ignores x culture but has x ancestry must be self-hating says you.

Play the race card but can't take a little back eh. What a joker.:lol:

He's probably a fu&king white bald obese man who can only dreams of dating an Asian woman.

Let him go, he's not worth it.

Canada follows around America like a poodle, I don't think we need to take it seriously when a Canadian uses racial stereotyping against us. It's not important enough to worry about. :lol:

<TorontoNoctis is clearly being racist and stereotyping though, and doing a very poor effort of trying to cover it up.

Perhaps we can just pretend that he didn't say anything and save him some unnecessary embarrassment.>

Replace that with "brown" will be more appropriate, gosh you can smell those kind miles away no matter how hard they try to cover it up. Identity crisis in full display.:argh:
On a side note, how many white man on this forum=close to none.

How ironic 1986 claimed that racial awareness doesn't make one racist, but when others point out some racial awareness he doesn't like, he cries racist. At least, far more ironic than 1986's claims that I am a liberal. He has no idea what my political persuasion is.

My stating of the stereotype was not to reinforce the stereotype, but to counter the claims that white people don't want to have anything to do with this or that race. If some can't see that, then they are truly blind.

How ironic 1986 claimed that racial awareness doesn't make one racist, but when others point out some racial awareness he doesn't like, he cries racist. At least, far more ironic than 1986's claims that I am a liberal. He has no idea what my political persuasion is.

My stating of the stereotype was not to reinforce the stereotype, but to counter the claims that white people don't want to have anything to do with this or that race. If some can't see that, then they are truly blind.

At least i didn't make any racial stereotype against other race, but you did. You have clearly crossed the line son.

Honestly, i don't give a jackshit about your opinion on my people. You are just nobody that would get people upset.

If 1 country in the region has a massive military buildup, the countries surrounding it will have a military build up for their own security.

Australia is having it's biggest military build up since WW2 in response to Chinas massive military build up. Australia is spending 100 billion dollars on 100 F-35 fighter jets, 12 new submarines, 20 corvettes, 3 Naval destroyers, 2 aircraft carries, and various other new equipment.

No air craft carrier is planned for RAN - post your source.

At least i didn't make any racial stereotype against other race, but you did. You have clearly crossed the line son.

Honestly, i don't give a jackshit about your opinion on my people. You are just nobody that would get people upset.

You honestly give a **** or you wouldn't have made such a big deal of it. :cheers:

The only line I perhaps crossed was making it offensive. I don't have anything against nerds or geeks. And I certainly don't think all Chinese are nerds or geeks. But in the end if you want to discuss race and/or racism, you can't call the other person racist for noticing racial stereotypes or even bringing them up. You can either talk about it or not at all.

I'd say that most SE asian nations are doing that instead of China. They hedging their bets against Chinese domination by courting an annoying but largely benevolent military ally (US).

China is in SAm and Africa for resources not allies (how can they help in fighting america?) and China's muslim relationship is realistically limited to just Pakistan, but that's because Pakistan and China have been reliable allies for such a long time.

You're thinking too short-term, Chinese strategic planning tends to be of the long-term variety and that's how I view it. By building up nations in Muslim areas(you missed Iran, China's building better relations with Saudi and Iraq as well), Africa, and South America, it is loosening the hold by the traditional powers in those areas, namely the Caucasians. Promoting a multi-polar world is in China's best interest for the long-term...except in South and East Asia, where China intends to expand its influence over.

The Asian countries are countering this, but it is a short-term solution as it merely invites another power in. It's a temporary solution, and while it may have an effect in the short-term(i.e. within say 30 years), it won't work in the long term as the American/European power wanes due to its traditional holdings becoming stronger, more independent, and more resistant to their influences. As that happens, they will be less capable of resisting China's expansion in the region.

You're thinking too short-term, Chinese strategic planning tends to be of the long-term variety and that's how I view it. By building up nations in Muslim areas(you missed Iran, China's building better relations with Saudi and Iraq as well), Africa, and South America, it is loosening the hold by the traditional powers in those areas, namely the Caucasians. Promoting a multi-polar world is in China's best interest for the long-term...except in South and East Asia, where China intends to expand its influence over.

The Asian countries are countering this, but it is a short-term solution as it merely invites another power in. It's a temporary solution, and while it may have an effect in the short-term(i.e. within say 30 years), it won't work in the long term as the American/European power wanes due to its traditional holdings becoming stronger, more independent, and more resistant to their influences. As that happens, they will be less capable of resisting China's expansion in the region.

Sorry buddy I am still unconvinced. The only thing these countries have in common is they have resources that China needs. Dodgy allies are hardly worth the trouble. A multi-polar world will happen whether or not China encourages it or not.

As for hegemony? I really don't care for an American style empire for China. They are more trouble than they are worth and there is no end to the resentment they can cause.

Sorry buddy I am still unconvinced. The only thing these countries have in common is they have resources that China needs. Dodgy allies are hardly worth the trouble. A multi-polar world will happen whether or not China encourages it or not.

As for hegemony? I really don't care for an American style empire for China. They are more trouble than they are worth and there is no end to the resentment they can cause.

Agree. I don't think China's heading for the world hegemony/imperial direction. China has too much internal/neighborhood problems to focus exclusively on overseas power projection.

Also the isolationist mentality is still running strong in China, just look at the rising anti-foreign investment sentiment. To a degree I think China will become more like a pre-WWII U.S with its own version of Monroe Doctrine on East Asia but limited non-commercial involvement outside its intermediate neighborhood.

So there will never be a Pax Sinica. Americans can continue to be the world police and as long as they leaves Chinese interests alone China probably won't care that much.

Also don't care for us becoming an US-style global empire. However, our territory must be secure and there can never be another war within our borders again. No one can afford that.

However the ability to project military to the enemy is needed for deterrance. Right now though, we do not have the luxury of defense. Only through developing offensive strike capabilities can we make sure that some large north american country doesn't choke us out.

However the ability to project military to the enemy is needed for deterrance. Right now though, we do not have the luxury of defense. Only through developing offensive strike capabilities can we make sure that some large north american country doesn't choke us out.

Agree but we can never say that, least the U.S use it as an excuse to sell offensive weapons to Taiwan for 'defensive purpose'.

Back
Top Bottom