What's new

Comparison| Pakistani,Iranian,Afghan,Indian,Bangali food.

Pakistan also has amazing breads.

Sheermals are awesome!

The best naan I have ever had was in Quetta. The large, 2-ft long tear-shaped naans are unbelievably good, especially when they are fresh from the tandoor.

All breads are good when they come out of the oven, but these naans are something else! With just a hint of sweetness, you can eat them by themselves.

Developreo, I too love Sheermaal :smitten: but I again found it is different in Lucknow side and different in Delhi (or may be my experience). In Lucknow side, It is bit small, more yellowish and more sweet. While it was bit grilled, pale, little sweet and a bit oily.

PS: Lol I am sounding like food critic of ratatouille movie. :lol:

Last edited:
lol nice thread.

Being a bit of a food connoisseur myself (or I'd like to think I am) I have found that Bangladeshi, North Indian and Pakistani cuisine/dishes are fairly similar with some differences in the preperation of foods and tastes. A dish i would like to highlight is 'Khichri' is what i believe indians and pakistanis call it, 'khichuri' in bangladesh. After tasting this at a Punjabi friends house i was amazed to find out it was the same thing as compared to the bangladeshi one i have at home it was very dry and bland. The BD style one that we have is less dry and actually tastes quite good with beef and achars, it's also tradition to have it on rainy days :D. Obviously got your biryanis, kormas etc that are found in all regions. I think a better comparison in terms of differences of foods would be between north india and south india.

i love only pakistani food after that afghani food no other food i like indian food i have tried dhosas and etc but man pakistani food is best for me

Last edited:
I think I seen it before. Its in Manhattan right?

yup....

you can't miss it....there's a huge green banner ''Cuisine of Pakistan''

you shud go there....try the garbar chai as well it's made very well

there should be no comparison abt food when talking abt diff countries, food should be tastey that's all.
we south asians like spicey stuff whereas iranians & arabs like it light.

BTW i like karahi chicken, butter chicken, chicken tikka, reshmi kabab, tandori chicken, mutton masala, mutton do piyaza, mutton curry, the list is endless

800px-Kufta_Kebab.jpg

kofta kabab and nan.

Do not show me these please - these make me hungry.

There is one major class of food you guys have completely forgotten.

Indian Chinese!!!
Take the best bits from both, add lots of garlic, ginger, coriander and serve it up.

Chicken Manchow and Triple rice used to be my staple for a long time.

The below list shows the origins of different vegetables we use in our South Asian cuisines and what time they arrived here.

Okra: Highlands of Ethiopia 100-500 CE

Tomato: Latin America

Potato: South America 1600 CE

Bitter Melon: Unknown Unknown

Garlic: Unknown (possibly North Africa)

Onion: Unknown (Central Asia suspected)

Cauliflower: Cyprus or Turkey 1500 CE

Cabbage: Mediterranean Region

Eggplant: Native to South Asia

Turnip: West Asia or Eastern Europe 1500 BC

Sweet Potato: Latin America 1600 CE

Fenugreek: Middle East (possibly Iraq) Unknown

Coriander: North Africa or Southwest Asia Unknown

Chili pepper: New world 1550-1650

Origins of North Indian foods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Only eggplant is native to South Asia! Many (maybe even most) of our modern Pakistani/Indian foods have come to us from central asia e.g. Pilaw, Shashleek, Kebab, Shwarma, Biryani, Kofta, Korma etc.

As for the question of the author, you cant really say whose cuisine is better, its entirely up to the individual. I personally feel that Persian, Arab food is nice to have from time to time but to have it every day would become a bit dull for me. For me it doesnt have the character that our desi dishes do. Just my personal opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom