What's new

Comparison| Pakistani,Iranian,Afghan,Indian,Bangali food.

Food is a matter of cultivated taste.Usually one is preferential to the cuisine one grows up eating ,simply put home cooked food.So while One may enjoy other cuisines as novelty,one will prefer one's own cuisine over others for comfort and familiarity.Iranians and Afghanis will love their own cuisine.Indians and Pakistanis will love their own type of food.So this question is really not going to get you any answers.Indian spices and masala mixes are unique,so whether biryani or dum or kofta (cooking styles)originated outside India,it hardly matters,because the recipes are Indian,and perfected in India with the use of Indian spices.This sets our cuisine apart from middle eastern,turkish and Persian.Moreover India has the best vegetarian fare in the world and the variety of food that one finds in India's varied regions is truly astonishing.Therefore People should expand their culinary knowledge,and stop trying to categorise anything as good,or better.The proof of the pudding is in its eating.

As usual people are rarely answering to the point.

Is nobody here prepared to call spade a spade?

I am asking does Iran-Afghan food taste as good as Pakistan/India food or even better?

:victory:Indian food recipes - All Indian food recipes with Food Images

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

indian food history - Google Search

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

India Food Recipes Forever
Food, glorious food...The way to a man's heart is through his stomach...An army marches on its stomach....and so many other cliches that all centre around one of life's necessities - eating. Without exception we aim to ensnure you into a truly unique, unforgettable cuisine experience. We combine the ancient with the modern and take you down the path to losing yourself in the exotic flavours of INDIA.

Non Vegetarian Food
The non-vegetarian side of Indian cuisines comprises of many juicy, tender, mouth watering delicacies made with eggs, chicken, fish and more....

Vegetarian Food

Vegetables are an integral part of our food and we consume them in a number of ways. For pure vegetarians India is a heaven. Some of the famous recepies are Navratan Korma, Shahi Paneer and more....

Indian Breads
In India, bread is eaten more in the northern regions of the country because of its dry climate.There are a variety of breads consumed in India like roomali roti, naan , aloo paratha and more....

Indo Chinese

In India, chinese food like chowmein, chilli chicken, fried rice are liked by one and all. So in keeping up with trend we have provided some indochinese recipes like fried rice, chilli chicken, gobhi manchurian and more....

Snacks
The crispness and tempting tastes of Indian snacks is liked by young and old alike. The Indian snacks are usually delicious and mouth watering. Savouries like samosa, aloo tikki etc. are commonly served in India and more....

Microwave Cooking

Cooking Indian food in microwaves. Who says you can't cook up some delicious Indian food in a modern microwave? It's low-cal, clean and efficient.Some of these recipes are Paneer Matar, Mutton Chops, Makki Korma, Bharwan Baigan and more....

Desserts
Indian desserts are very tempting and mouth watering. Be it a scorching summer or a bone clattering winter indian mithai is always too difficult to resist. A sumptuous meal is always incomplete without sweet dish like gulab jamun or kulfi or gajjar ka halwa and more....

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Indian Food

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

****** BHAJI RECIPE

Ingredients:

1 pound okra
2 medium onions, chopped
1/4 tsp garlic paste or powder
1/4 tsp coriander paste or powder
1/8 tsp cumin
3 large tomatoes
2 tsp oil
1/2 cup chopped cilantro

How to make ****** dopiaza :

Cut the tip and the very bottom from the okra just to clean it, but do not slice.
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes.
Add all ingredients except okra, tomato and cilantro. Cook for 3 minutes. Add okra, then cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Garnish with tomato and cilantro.
Serve the ****** bhaji with rice, naan or pita bread.

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

INDIAN VEGETARIAN RECIPES

Get an insight into the Indian vegetarian recipes and dishes. Vegetarian cooking of India is easy and simple.

Vegetables are an integral part of our food and we consume them in a number of ways. For pure vegetarians India is a heaven. India can boast for its innumerable varieties of tasty and nutritious vegetarian dishes. Indians like their vegetable curries real hot 'n' spicy and so add a number of spices to make them really exotic. These are also prepared using different methods of cooking like baking, boiling, frying etc. We offer a number of tempting Indian vegetarain recipes of dishes like Navratan Korma, Shahi Paneer etc. to the connoisseurs of taste.

VEGETABLE RECIPES
****** Bhaji
Ghiye Ke Kofte
Hara Chana Masala
Malai Kofta
Sindhi Kadhi
Navratan Korma
Stuffed Tomato
Vegetable Curry
Makhani Arbi Masala
Pindi Chana
Stuffed ******
Stuffed Capsicum
Rajma Rasmisa

ALOO RECIPES
Aloo Dahi Wale
Aloo Dum
Aloo Ghobi
Aloo Ki Sabji
Aloo Rassewale
Aloo Took
Baigan Aloo
Dum Aloo
Aloo Palak
Methi Aloo
Stuffed Aloo

PANEER RECIPES
Chilli Paneer
Kadhai Paneer
Matar Paneer
Palak Paneer
Paneer Bhurji
Paneer Sandwich
Paneer Kofta
Paneer Korma
Paneer Makhani
Paneer Pasanda
Shahi Paneer:cheers:
Paneer Pakora
Paneer Tikka
Microwave Paneer Matar
Paneer Parantha:victory:
Paneer Coconut Gravy
Paneer Makhana Curry
:tup::yahoo::pop::agree:

Indian Recipes - Awesome Indian Cuisine - Indian Food Recipes - Recipes from India

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Image by Tarla Dalal
View larger image

Other Related Recipes
Makai Jajaria
Mock Almond Halwa
Moong Dal Halwa

Added to 535 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1568 times

Ever since my childhood, I have been encouraged to have a tablespoon of this halwa every morning in the winters. I used to look forward to winters because of this morning ritual. This is a rich recipe and one can't have too much of it at one time -but it is delicious nevertheless. It has been my all time favourite winter recipe.

Add your private note
Preparation Time : 15 mins.
Cooking Time: 30 mins.
Makes approxd. 1 cup.
Show me for servings

Ingredients

1/2 cup almonds, soaked overnight
1/3 cup milk
4 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
3 tbsp ghee

For the garnish
2 to 3 almonds, peeled and sliced
Method
Pour 1 cup of boiling water over the almonds. Leave aside for 5 minutes.
Drain and remove the skins of the almonds.
Purée the almonds with 4 tablespoons of milk to a smooth paste in a blender.
Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai and add the almond purée. Cook over a slow flame while stirring continuously till the mixture turns golden brown (approx. 15 minutes).
Boil together the remaining milk with 4 tablespoons of water, add to the almond mixture and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the sugar and cardamom powder and cook till the sugar has dissolved, while stirring continuously.
Serve hot, garnished with the almonds.
RECIPE SOURCE : Rajastha

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Tarladalal.com | Indian Recipes | Indian Food Recipes | India's Largest Food Community| Free Recipes | Healthy Recipes

As usual people are rarely answering to the point.

Is nobody here prepared to call spade a spade?

I am asking does Iran-Afghan food taste as good as Pakistan/India food or even better?

As I am living in UAE I can answer this question. We have a lot of Muslim cuisine here so I will get to the point to sum it all up:

Indian: I can't tell you much because I am Pakistani and Pakistani food is similar to North Indian at best. I have tried South Indian foods... they were okay, but vegetable lovers will like them the most. Dosas are good, if you haven't eaten before.

Pakistani: Different meat, Curry, Rice (Biriyani). Much closer to North Indian food but has persian influences. Karahi Gosht, Haleem, Paya, Sindhi Biriyani, Siji, Seekh Kabab, Nihari, etc are a must to try. I like this best simply because that is how I grew up and I love its flavour.

Persian (Irani): Beautiful flavours. They don't like strong food, but that doesn't mean food is flavourless. I have observed that people who haven't actually tried the food itself usually equate not strong = tasteless. This is not the case. I suggest you try the kebabs as they are quite different to what you have in Pakistan and some parts of India (don't know how kebabs are in India though).

Afghani: Okay, this can be summed up in one word: MEAT. Oh boy, Afghani food are almost always meat but they are delicious. If you like Pakistani or Irani naan, you'll like Afghani naan as well. Expect a lot of kabab. Similar to North Pakistani food due to abundance of the same kin (Pathans).

As you can see, it is all different. Also, if you are eating in a restaurant that is not actually run by the people who come from the country of where the food is based in, you'll see a slight- perhaps heavy- variation. E.g. When some Indians in UAE make Mendi (pronounced Men-dhi, popular and delicious Arab rice dish) tend to add some sort of spice. This does not give an original flavor. Mendhi is supposed to be cooked in the juices of the meat it is with, so naturally it is better to let the people who usually cook them cook it.

As for what's the best? It all depends on what you want to eat. I suggest you try all of them. Each of them have their own distinct flavor. Even Pakistani and Indian cuisine is quite different; only some dishes are similar.

P.S. If you are eating Faloodeh (desert, only slightly similar to our 'Faluda') at an Irani restaurant and if they give you some jug of reddish liquid, don't pour in more than a teaspoon!!!! Seriously, I had to drain my Faloodeh and add some lemon juice in it. But it was good (but tasted of saffron)

Last edited:
I'd really like to try some menus from Khybers, I guess that's the only variety of Pakistani food we don't get in India.

Also I would like to add: While this might be a bragging contest, just remember that everyone thinks their own food is the best. I might go to great depths proving that Pakistani food is better than Indian food or vice versa, but it is to no avail. Every cuisine has a unique flavor and all of them are the best!

I'd really like to try some menus from Khybers, I guess that's the only variety of Pakistani food we don't get in India.

Also I have noticed some that Pakistani and Indian food go by the same names but the flavor is always regional. E.g. Biryani served in Pakistan is actually quite different to Biryani served in Iran, India and the Middle East. This goes for all cuisines, no matter where the origin is.

Also I have noticed some that Pakistani and Indian food go by the same names but the flavor is always regional. E.g. Biryani served in Pakistan is actually quite different to Biryani served in Iran, India and the Middle East. This goes for all cuisines, no matter where the origin is.

Briyani in India is region specific as well. Lakhnawai is different than Hyderbady which is different than what we have in Calcutta(more close to north Indian).

Also I have noticed Kashmiri food is bit blunt, guess they have more Persian effect.

Briyani in India is region specific as well. Lakhnawai is different than Hyderbady which is different than what we have in Calcutta(more close to north Indian).

Also I have noticed Kashmiri food is bit blunt, guess they have more Persian effect.

I always tended to think that they are a bit tied with the Pathans when it comes to the cuisine as you are right, they are a bit weaker than counterparts of the region.

Taste a sample from actual ground location of Kashmir valley. Maybe only there you will get the authentic Kashmiri food.

I LOVE PAKISTANI FOOD!

548659.jpg

23BDE953-57F9-4167-B8BF-0EF156533EB5-Sindhi_biryani.jpg

lg2.27855139_std.jpg

1317848637_83dae54eb3.jpg

nihari.jpg

kheema%20matar.jpg

By the way, Iranis- learn from the masters of Faluda! (I didn't like your 'Faloodeh', but Joojeh Kabab is great for main course)

falooda%20(1).jpg

Mouth watering stuff buddy, I can almost feel the taste in my mouth.

Pakistan also has amazing breads.

Sheermals are awesome!

The best naan I have ever had was in Quetta. The large, 2-ft long tear-shaped naans are unbelievably good, especially when they are fresh from the tandoor.

All breads are good when they come out of the oven, but these naans are something else! With just a hint of sweetness, you can eat them by themselves.

badenjan.jpg

Badinjan Borani, Aubergines being fried in oil, then a dairy product called Qorot(liquid) is attded on top and to be served with Naan bread.

Afghan&

This is called Qabeli Palaw, a famous food in Afghanistan. Rice(not boiled rice though), on top of it fried raisins and carrot. It is also served with Kofta and Spinage, it is a very lovely dish, but i am not sure if pakistani and indian members will find it tasty as it is spice free with exception of Zeera added to the rice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom