What's new

Comparison| Pakistani,Iranian,Afghan,Indian,Bangali food.

not many only few Indian dishes originated outside,all most 99% of veg dishes are Indian no one can add taste to veg like Indians,and what about sweet dishes no one can compete with us in sweet dishes.

I used to love visiting the fish market when I was back in India. The sights, smells, noise was all very enjoyable. A Saturday morning spent haggling with the fish mongers was a morning well spent.

Actually shutki is dried fish with a smell of month old dead r@t's, normal smell of fish is like smell of rose compared to it! There's only a niche followers of it even in Bengal.

Actually shutki is dried fish with a smell of month old dead r@t's, normal smell of fish is like smell of rose compared to it! There's only a niche followers of it even in Bengal.

I concede. Dried fish is way too strong for me. I am game for shukti though if it is cooked like your mom does.

Sorry , preserving shutki is an time honored profession in Bangladesh for thousands pf years.

Most food at Indian restaurants here are different to what we are used to back in India. I cook my own curries.

I always find it amusing to order 'curry' and find not a single curry leaf within it!

Most people don't even know there is such a thing as a curry leaf.

in terms of quality all these food(afghanistan, iran, pakistan and india) are good. but food from afghanistan is very very similar to iranian food and very very different from pakistani+indian food.

I dont know about meat as I am veggie but I ate Tolani (May be I am not pronouncing name correctly) once in San Jose and it was similar to Tandoori Aloo ka paratha.

I always find it amusing to order 'curry' and find not a single curry leaf within it!

Most people don't even know there is such a thing as a curry leaf.

Actually curry is referred as gravy whether it is simple potato-tomato combination or Shai Paneer (cottage cheese) but 'curry leaf' is different. This curry leaf is used largely in South India (Sambhar, Rice dishes) and sometimes in north India for Poha etc.

Actually curry is referred as gravy whether it is simple potato-tomato combination or Shai Paneer (cottage cheese) but 'curry leaf' is different. This curry leaf is used largely in South India (Sambhar, Rice dishes) and sometimes in north India for Poha etc.

In Pakistan we use curry leaves within a specific type of vegetarian curry usually eaten with khitchri (mixed rice).

Its called "Karuvadu" in Tamil Nadu....mmmmm...that and curd rice......delicious.

Its called "Karuvadu" in Tamil Nadu....mmmmm...that and curd rice......delicious.

My fav too.. Dried Fish curry is farmers/laborer's food for the Tamils. It is also served with millet porridge during religious festivals. But it is an acquired taste and it does smell like dead r@t especially if not dried properly.

Khichdi and Kadhi | jugalbandi

I suspect we (as in our family) use the Gujarati version, since we are heavily influenced by that part of India.

Khichdi is same everywhere as I saw but Kadhi varies in every part of India with a bit changes. Like in Punjabi Kadhi people have Pakodas made of Onions and is quite thick, In UP Kadhi pakodas are normally hollow shells with thick gravy, Maharashtrian kadhi is having no pakodas but onions or potatos directly with mild gravy while Gujrati one is more whitish, more thin gravy a bit sweet with no ingredients as mentioned above.

Which one is yours?

We have an equivalent of Curd Rice in Bengal which is called 'Panta Bhat'. Shutki, Panta bhat and green chilli beats almost everything in mortal world! :D

@ main topic

I cant compare food of any region as every food has its own peculiar taste which sometimes take time to get accomodated according to yout taste bud. While from Marketing (or say for disntiguishing) perspective, North Indian and South Indian are now in league of Chinese, Thai, Continental, Mediterranean etc

But as per my personal choice, I liked Pakistani restaurant foods better than Indian.

Back
Top Bottom