What's new

Comparison of IN and PN

Status
Not open for further replies.
PN has 6 Type-21 frigates and will get 4 S-Class frigates by the end of 2007 with heavy Greek upgrades. Do you have any idea how many frigates it takes to lead a CTF-150? PNS Shahjahan did commanding all by itself, until the command was transfered to the Germans and was awarded.

On what basis do you say that PN doesn't have the capability to patrol such areas?

Are these the Elli ships? So basically there are gonna be 8 new frigate type ships if you include the F- 22p and also apparently a few more. I remember hearing rumours about some oliver Hazard frigates as well...

Malay trust me. Pakistan has enough ships and ports in the Arabian Sea that it has full control over everything. Since it is likely that there will be no war due to nuclear weapons in the future. The navy is focusing on patrolling, and its real current war is against terrorism and drug-trafficking. No wonder why so many P-3C Orions are being acquired and even the Hawkeye deal is being signed for the navy alone when a naval fighter squadron is much more needed.

Also i am not denying the fact that surface fleet is weak compare to Indian surface fleet, but that is irrelevant to what we are discussing here, and that is to control the seas and commanding, which has been proven by the CTF-150.

Malay trust me. Pakistan has enough ships and ports in the Arabian Sea that it has full control over everything. Since it is likely that there will be no war due to nuclear weapons in the future. The navy is focusing on patrolling, and its real current war is against terrorism and drug-trafficking. No wonder why so many P-3C Orions are being acquired and even the Hawkeye deal is being signed for the navy alone when a naval fighter squadron is much more needed.

Also i am not denying the fact that surface fleet is weak compare to Indian surface fleet, but that is irrelevant to what we are discussing here, and that is to control the seas and commanding, which has been proven by the CTF-150.
Agreed,
Now that you put things in perspective for me, i stand corrected.

Found this....not sure if it is new or not...plus i am a bit too lazy to find the other pak naval threads...:lol:

Export Deals
Elsewhere, Armaris has proposed a license deal that would permit Pakistan to build all three Marlin submarines the company offered in its bid for Islamabad’s diesel-electric submarine program, a French industry official said.
“This is one deal we have to win,” the official said. The sale is worth around $1 billion.
Germany’s HDW has made a rival bid with its 214 sub, he said.
Jean-Marie Poimboeuf, DCN chief executive, said, “The Marlin is a new DCN boat drawn from the design and development work on the Barracuda, Scorpene and Agosta, which DCN will propose to its export prospects.”
A sale to Pakistan would mean a launch customer for the Marlin, while a win by HDW would mean France losing a longstanding customer.
In the 1994 sale of three Agosta 90B Khalid-class submarines to Islamabad, DCN built the first in series and transferred production of the other two boats to Pakistan.
In Armaris’ October 2005 sale of Franco-Spanish Scorpene subs to India, all six boats will be built at the state-owned Mazagon Docks, Mumbai.
Armaris on Aug. 26 submitted its Marlin offer to Pakistan, without MBDA SM39 Exocet anti-ship missiles, as Pakistan has said it wants to arm the boats with Boeing Harpoon missiles. The boats would be fitted for, but not with, the Harpoons, the official said. The cost of integration of the U.S. missiles would be in Pakistan’s charge.
Pakistan wants to decide on the purchase around the end of the year, to ensure work for its yards and to retain competences.
Armaris is a 50-50 joint venture company of DCN and Thales.
In Bulgaria’s tender for four corvettes, Armaris has arranged debt financing for a purchase with a pool of banks led by French bank Societé Générale, the official said. The banks would lend Bulgaria money to buy the warships, with repayment guaranteed by the Coface export credit agency.
The Bulgarian Navy put Armaris’ Gowind corvette at the top of the list after the tender closed, and the French company is waiting for a decision from the Bulgarian government, the official said. The corvette deal is worth 700 million to 800 million euros. •

:flag:

Hey guys,
PN should not and cannot get into an arms race with IN, All we have to do is to maintain enough punch to hit hard when time comes, This is always been a plan in Pakistan.

K-Man

Hey guys,
PN should not and cannot get into an arms race with IN, All we have to do is to maintain enough punch to hit hard when time comes, This is always been a plan in Pakistan.

K-Man
I agree with this. I do not know a lot about Navy, or for the matter of fact army or airforce. But as far as I know, navy always tries to keep minimum ditterance (sp?) in case of a war. We do not have a big navy because of our relatively small coastline.

wave69 said:
Hey guys,

K-Man

Ahsan.R said:
I agree with this. I do not know a lot about Navy, or for the matter of fact army or airforce. But as far as I know, navy always tries to keep minimum ditterance (sp?) in case of a war. We do not have a big navy because of our relatively small coastline.

Good posts guys! :thumbsup:

Are these the Elli ships?
Yes these are Elli class:
Greece to give four frigates to Pakistan

Islamabad, May 16 (IANS) Greece will provide four frigates to the Pakistan Navy, two of which will be delivered this year, Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz has said.

Aziz, visiting Greece at the head of a delegation of ministers, senior officials and businessmen, said both countries were looking forward to stronger ties in defence and security matters and had agreed to the deal.

"Pakistan will acquire used frigates," he said. He did not reveal further details, the Daily Times newspaper reported.

The Hellenic Navy, which uses Elli class frigates, will provide the same. Pakistan has been acquiring defence equipment from various countries to meet its defence needs.

Greece and Pakistan also pledged to exchange information on fighting terror, the prime ministers of the two countries said later.

Aziz and Greek Prime Minister Costas Karamanlis did not take questions from mediapersons. Karamanlis declined to answer a reporter's query on an ongoing investigation into the alleged abduction and interrogation of a number of Pakistani immigrants in Athens following the July 2005 London attacks.

http://planetguru.com/Articles/ArticleDetail.aspx?ChannelId=topstories&ArticleId=28603

So basically there are gonna be 8 new frigate type ships if you include the F- 22p and also apparently a few more. I remember hearing rumours about some oliver Hazard frigates as well...
Yes and there's this 'S' class frigate, I don't know the exact number yet.
I'll try to find some info.

Neo, if I wished to start a thread about, oh, say, potential replacement aircraft for the Mirage 5s used by the PN but operated by the PAF, how would I go about it?

I support the statement by Averroes.. today India is spending 1/9th of its national income and Pakistan is spending 2/5th of its national income on defence..the past would have much much better if both of these nations kept peace among each other and spent this money in education, and health. In Indian national budget of year 2007-08, it is predicted that 97,000 crore Rs. will be spent on defence..! this 1/9th can be used for finding electrical crisis in maharashtra.. why we are discussing on such issue..?

Yes these are Elli class:
Greece to give four frigates to Pakistan

Islamabad, May 16 (IANS) Greece will provide four frigates to the Pakistan Navy, two of which will be delivered this year, Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz has said.

Aziz, visiting Greece at the head of a delegation of ministers, senior officials and businessmen, said both countries were looking forward to stronger ties in defence and security matters and had agreed to the deal.

"Pakistan will acquire used frigates," he said. He did not reveal further details, the Daily Times newspaper reported.

The Hellenic Navy, which uses Elli class frigates, will provide the same. Pakistan has been acquiring defence equipment from various countries to meet its defence needs.

Greece and Pakistan also pledged to exchange information on fighting terror, the prime ministers of the two countries said later.

Aziz and Greek Prime Minister Costas Karamanlis did not take questions from mediapersons. Karamanlis declined to answer a reporter's query on an ongoing investigation into the alleged abduction and interrogation of a number of Pakistani immigrants in Athens following the July 2005 London attacks.

http://planetguru.com/Articles/ArticleDetail.aspx?ChannelId=topstories&ArticleId=28603

Yes and there's this 'S' class frigate, I don't know the exact number yet.
I'll try to find some info.

This has been discussed so much for about 2 years, but yet there is no further development or movement

I think it was final. Pakistan is not getting the frigates.

I too think the Greek deal is dead, we're buying four new corvettes in Turkey instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom