What's new

Comparison of IN and PN

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think turkey was not happy with this deal becuase they wanted to sell us there boats secondly arnt the greeks and turks in a dispute over cyprus

i think turkey was not happy with this deal becuase they wanted to sell us there boats secondly arnt the greeks and turks in a dispute over cyprus

AsSalam oAlaikum
Does anybody in the "Know" have any ideas about why after so much Hoo Haa the deal just fizzled out. What were the main factors behind it.Help would be appreciated> How is the demand for 6-7 OHP related to this or is it our cantacts with the Turks which has changed the situation.Also an analysis of Elli/OHP would be really helpful.
WaSalam
Araz

Araz,

I think Turkey deal has got nothing to do with the Greek Deal.
Since with the Greeks you had Frigates while with Turks it is the corvettes

Pakistan Navy has to operate in the region, they dont have to face an aircraft carrier. We have everything to perform duties. P-3C and Agostas are out of question, we are not at war.

but pn lak any surface fleet

I'm sorry to say there is very little comparsion today, but especially in the future, between the IN and PN- on any level be it ACC, fixed wing, rotary wing, subs, MPA, UAVs etc. But this is should not really come as surprise as India spends far,far more on its navy and defence as a whole owing to the larger size of her economy, just because of misfortune of geography people make comparisons between India and Pakistan but this is ridiculous. It's like comparing India to Portugal (spends slightly more, but not much more, on defence than Pakistan) which is unwarranted. So it is a null point really and pretty amateurish to be frank.

But I must say it is impressive to see what the PN (and Pakistan armed forces as a whole) can do with, relatively, few funds.

1. That would be a good plan if PN was facing U.S. navy or British navy, not the Indian navy.

2. The Brahmos hasnt scored any combat kills. What exactly are you basing this claim on?
Neither has any of chinese or pakistani missile, so should we also count them out of the equation, Indian military apparatus doesn't induct "just any hardware" just because its made in India unless it is at par or better than what russians or the west can offer.

3. Why exactly cant the PN missile boat fleel engage the IN missile boat fleet? The PN will inflict damage while it is taking it, the IN is not so technologically advanced that it will dish out all the pain while receiving none.
Because of the sheer size and firepower of the Indian boats, In a war there will definately be losses, but what is the capacity of PN to take losses?

4. The PN navy is outnumbered but outclassed? Indians are the only ones who actually claim their rickety boats are stealth.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-navy/2035-comparison-pn-2.html
Positively outclassed, PN's top of the line F22P, the so called frigate is barely in the class of kamorta class corvettes of India
and then there is Kolkatta, delhi, and rajput class destroyers which outguns any surface vessel PN has. They are closely followed by by the frigates of IN.
5. It is lopsided if the PN was actually fighting the IN on the high seas, it is not.

That doesn't make any sense

6. A dozen Aegis would result in the destruction of the IN.
brilliant, Nuke subs, A/c carriers top of the line line destroyers with antishipping and supersonic CM's, and your answers is a dozen aegis, just brilliant..

7. 2 dozen pathetic Mig-29's that have never actually performed well in combat is an overkill?
hmm 45 Mig 29K armed with BVRAAMS which outrange everything in the subcontinent, 5 Il-38 and 8 Tupolev Tu-142 armed with 6 brahmos each, 4 TU22 Strategic Bombers, 8 P8I backed with maritime strike Jaguar Darin II. PN is free to take it's chances against them

8. 71 was different, attempts were made to resupply East Pakistan and the role of the navy then wasnt as focussed narrowly as it is now.
moot point

IN's supersonice missile inventory is too inaccurate to be of great use in the land attack mode unless several hundred could be launched against a target like a major port. Clearly the IN does not have this capability unless it is willing to undertake severe losses.
:rofl:

Land attack missiles unless they are reasonably accurate or launced en-mass are not very effective. Hezbollah launched thousands to kill only 11 or so Israeli soldiers.

Do you know which land attack missiles you are up against???;)

The PN is more comparable to the Indian coast guard.
Its a semi-operational force with vessels barely capable of combat operations.
The F-22P's are just glorified missile boats and the OHP is a coast guard tenders at best.
Our latest subs are using technology that is twenty years old..
The only saving grace are the plentiful and effective missile craft and our very sophisticated P-3's(did I mention we have less of them now).
Anybody who is in the navy knows that any war for them will be short.. and bloody.

What we lack is funds.. which are the cornerstone of all our woes ..be it the PN,PA or PAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom