What's new

Comparing India and Pakistan 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said earlier, lets stay with composite stats and index numbers that you are fond of.. Whether its UNDP's HDR or WEF or CIA Fact book, Pakistan is always rated lower than India.. And I maintain that in social index both are pathetic, but Pakistan is worse off than India.

It's clear that you have either not been paying attention, or that your emotions are getting in the way of acknowledging reality.

While I agree that all of South Asia is worse off than the rest of the world in social indicators, I do not agree that Pakistan is worse off than India.

There is plenty of data I have quoted here on the most basic necessities of food, clothing, shelter and sanitation and overall poverty where Pakistan has had and continues to have an edge over India. It may not last long, but it is certainly true for now.

It's not just the world indices and rankings such as world hunger index, UNICEF sanitation rankings, FAO data, etc that confirms it, Indian officials also concede it as I have shown here in this thread.

In IFPRI's most recent global hunger report, India still ranks at 65, worse than Pakistan at 58, and much worse than China at 5.

The first India State Hunger Index (Ishi) report in 2008 found that Madhya Pradesh had the most severe level of hunger in India, comparable to Chad and Ethiopia. Four states — Punjab, Kerala, Haryana and Assam — fell in the 'serious' category. Gujarat, 13th on the Indian list is below Haiti, ranked 69. The authors said India's poor performance was primarily due to its relatively high levels of child malnutrition and under-nourishment resulting from calorie deficient diets.

In 2008, Indian Planning Commission member Syeda Hameed acknowledged that India is worse than Bangladesh and Pakistan when it comes to nourishment and is showing little improvement.

Speaking at a conference on "Malnutrition an emergency: what it costs the nation", she said even Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during interactions with the Planning Commission has described malnourishment as the "blackest mark".

"I should not compare. But countries like Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka are better," she said. The conference was organized last year by the Confederation of Indian Industry and the Ministry of Development of Northeastern Region.

According to India's Family Health Survey, almost 46 percent of children under the age of three are undernourished - an improvement of just one percent in the last seven years. This is only a shade better than Sub-Saharan Africa where about 35 percent of children are malnourished.

Haq's Musings: Right to Food in India, Pakistan and China

I am pointing to another post by a member.
"
India may be lacking in 1-2 points,

But when one says Pakistan a failed state it sums up merely everything. Understaned!!

"

It is like comparing a Failed student with 2nd class passed out student.

Failed student says that LOOK I got more marks in drawing.

Nobody cares how well you draw if you don't know how to count.

Last edited:
I am pointing to another post by a member.
"
India may be lacking in 1-2 points,

But when one says Pakistan a failed state it sums up merely everything. Understaned!!

"

It is like comparing a Failed student with 2nd class passed out student.

Failed student says that LOOK I got more marks in drawing.

Nobody cares how well you draw if you don't know how to count.

It's clear that you have never heard of Maslow's hierarchy of needs, nor do you realize that how the massive child malnutrition is condemning India's future generations to brain damage with impaired cognitive and motor skills. When these children grow up, they will be a huge burden and a continuing drag on Indian society.

Haq's Musings: Malnutrition Challenge in India, Pakistan

It's clear that you have never heard of Maslow's hierarchy of needs, nor do you realize that how the massive child malnutrition is condemning India's future generations to brain damage with impaired cognitive and motor skills. When these children grow up, they will be a huge burden and a continuing drag on Indian society.

Whatever, Pakistan is failed state and in top 10 list. This sums up all.

I think you have no idea why pakistan is in top 10 failed state.. I would suggest you to look into it.

If indian are doomed then how came human development index is higher and better than pakistan?

"As I said a failed pakistan can't compare with a passed india. "

I think you have no idea why pakistan is in top 10 failed state.. I would suggest you to look into it.

If indian are doomed then how came human development index is higher and better than pakistan?

Ohh Mr. Fresh don't get out of your flesh.
It is a Pakistani Forum and you are abusing us!
:disagree:

Ohh Mr. Fresh din't get out of your flesh.
It is a Pakistani Forum and you are abusing us!
:disagree:

Hey dude, I am not abusing you or any pakistani. I made it clear in my post. I just want him to know the reality.

I am expecting his answer why pakistan is in top 10 failed state.

I know he has free hand in the forum and also I don't expect parity with pakistani.

Amidst Pakistan's current troubles, Indian officials and mainstream media continue to display unconcealed delight in painting Pakistan as a "Failed State". And as they offer unsolicited advice to their neighbor, they ignore the ground reality that if Pakistan is a failed state, then India is as failed a state as Pakistan, if not more so.

The reality of the failure of Indian state is as obvious as daylight. The Indian state's abject failures in delivering bare minimum services to its people, and its inability to solve India's basic problems are there for everyone to see.

Not unlike North Korea, India is engaged in a massive arms buildup while almost half of its children are near starvation. A nation-state like India that fails to take care of 46% its children's basic nutrition needs has to be a failed state. In fact, George Friedman of Strafor raises serious doubts about India's viability as a modern nation-state, and dismisses the talk of its emergence as one of the great powers of the 21st century. Friedman does not accept that any of the four BRIC nations (Brazil, Russia, India and China) will achieve great world power status in this century. Instead, he believes that Turkey, Poland and Japan will join the United States as the most important world powers in the next 50 years.

Do any serious analysts challenge the poverty and hunger figures for India, or the strength and scope of the Maoists insurgency? Absolutely not! Even Indian officials, including Planning Commission member Syeda Hameed and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, agree with the data on hunger, poverty and malnutrition, as well the Maoists threat assessment.

In terms of the challenges to the writ of the state, India is host to some of the fiercest conflicts in the world. Since 1989 more than 80,000 have died in insurgencies in Kashmir and the northeastern states. About 25% of the Indian territory is outside the control of Indian authority.

Manmohan Singh himself has called the Maoist insurgency the biggest internal security threat to India since independence. The Maoists, however, are confined to rural areas; their bold tactics haven't rattled Indian middle-class confidence. In fact, the Maoists in India, led by the left-wing intellectuals with many urban sympathizers, have a greater chance of success in India than the poor, rural Pakistani Taliban, or other Islamic radicals in Pakistan, whose heavy handed tactics in Swat, and suicide bombings in Pakistani cities have destroyed whatever sympathies they had among the urban middle class.

Haq's Musings: Are India and Pakistan Failed States?

Amidst Pakistan's current troubles, Indian officials and mainstream media continue to display unconcealed delight in painting Pakistan as a "Failed State". And as they offer unsolicited advice to their neighbor, they ignore the ground reality that if Pakistan is a failed state, then India is as failed a state as Pakistan, if not more so.

The reality of the failure of Indian state is as obvious as daylight. The Indian state's abject failures in delivering bare minimum services to its people, and its inability to solve India's basic problems are there for everyone to see.

Not unlike North Korea, India is engaged in a massive arms buildup while almost half of its children are near starvation. A nation-state like India that fails to take care of 46% its children's basic nutrition needs has to be a failed state. In fact, George Friedman of Strafor raises serious doubts about India's viability as a modern nation-state, and dismisses the talk of its emergence as one of the great powers of the 21st century. Friedman does not accept that any of the four BRIC nations (Brazil, Russia, India and China) will achieve great world power status in this century. Instead, he believes that Turkey, Poland and Japan will join the United States as the most important world powers in the next 50 years.

Do any serious analysts challenge the poverty and hunger figures for India, or the strength and scope of the Maoists insurgency? Absolutely not! Even Indian officials, including Planning Commission member Syeda Hameed and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, agree with the data on hunger, poverty and malnutrition, as well the Maoists threat assessment.

In terms of the challenges to the writ of the state, India is host to some of the fiercest conflicts in the world. Since 1989 more than 80,000 have died in insurgencies in Kashmir and the northeastern states. About 25% of the Indian territory is outside the control of Indian authority.

Manmohan Singh himself has called the Maoist insurgency the biggest internal security threat to India since independence. The Maoists, however, are confined to rural areas; their bold tactics haven't rattled Indian middle-class confidence. In fact, the Maoists in India, led by the left-wing intellectuals with many urban sympathizers, have a greater chance of success in India than the poor, rural Pakistani Taliban, or other Islamic radicals in Pakistan, whose heavy handed tactics in Swat, and suicide bombings in Pakistani cities have destroyed whatever sympathies they had among the urban middle class.

Haq's Musings: Are India and Pakistan Failed States?

Look there is lot of difference. Pakistan is in top 10 list. India is nowhere near to it. The ranking tells the difference in level of failed state.
People like you and me can't put pakistan in the list. Still you have not answered why it is in top 10 list.

Mr. Haq

Why are you so concerned about “condemning India's future generations to brain damage with impaired cognitive and motor skills” and “huge burden and a continuing drag on Indian society”

Who gives credence that Pakistan is a failed state...only you Indians. All the Indians main source of information is Wikipedia....a peer edited encylocepdia. Now you Indians find your information from Wikipedia and act like you are the smartest in the world.

Who gives credence that Pakistan is a failed state...only you Indians. All the Indians main source of information is Wikipedia....a peer edited encylocepdia. Now you Indians find your information from Wikipedia and act like you are the smartest in the world.

Here is link to BBC

http: / / news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/4964934. stm

Pakistan 'is a top failed state'

Pakistan and Afghanistan are among the world's top 10 most vulnerable states, according to a new study.

Happy reading..:hitwall:

Nobody would like to have a failed state as their neighbor

Absolutely baseless allegation

Now even you are equating India with North Korea. Anyway who is George Friedman of Strafor and what is his authority on matters related to BRIC

Do any serious analysts challenge the poverty and hunger figures for India, or the strength and scope of the Maoists insurgency? Absolutely not! Even Indian officials, including Planning Commission member Syeda Hameed and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, agree with the data on hunger, poverty and malnutrition, as well the Maoists threat assessment.In terms of the challenges to the writ of the state, India is host to some of the fiercest conflicts in the world. Since 1989 more than 80,000 have died in insurgencies in Kashmir and the northeastern states. About 25% of the Indian territory is outside the control of Indian authority.

Come again : 25% of the Indian territory is outside the control of Indian authority . This should be the joke of the century. This shows your ignorance about matters related to India.

Ok, what do you know about Maoist insurgency in India?

Here is link to BBC

http: / / news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/4964934. stm

Pakistan 'is a top failed state'

Pakistan and Afghanistan are among the world's top 10 most vulnerable states, according to a new study.

Happy reading..:hitwall:

Aren't you happy with your 2006 report.

Is this you infront of your computer: :victory:

Nobody would like to have a failed state as their neighbor

Absolutely baseless allegation

Now even you are equating India with North Korea. Anyway who is George Friedman of Strafor and what is his authority on matters related to BRIC

Come again : 25% of the Indian territory is outside the control of Indian authority . This should be the joke of the century. This shows your ignorance about matters related to India.

Ok, what do you know about Maoist insurgency in India?

Jade Buddy, Please don't allow Haq to escape without answering question. Don't ask any question. Let him answer first why pakistan is in top 10 failed state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom