What's new

Commercial misuses of SAAB 2000 by PAF

I don't think a single Indian took a potshot in this thread. We're just as curious as you guys are.
Why are you comparing PAF operations with Indian operations?

BTW that link on Indian use, that's still government work.
I earlier quoted the Scandinavian example thus there should be no cause for any curiosity, in fact one of these country uses army tacked vehicles to ferry tourists to certain glaciers.
The Indian example was given since the IAF actually billed the government which could have used National air cargo or some other services.

Other proper countries have a military, Pakistani armed services have a country. The worst part is, they are more loyal to the whites than they are to their own people. Typical colonial legacy.
Calm down dude before you give yourself a nose bleed.
If you have any issues or if you are serious in your thoughts then i suggest you write to proper channels rather than repeating same lines here for some brownies.

nothing wrong with that,

plus,
pak army is doing it for a long time where messes and unit facilities are rented out to guest members( on reference ofc) and valuable revenue is earned to support auxilary unit kharchas .

lets face it, defence budgets are being squeezed, there is no harm in generating a "side income" as long as natl security is not compromised

One of the SAAB-2000s was supposed to be a training aircraft. Maybe this is a way to train pilots and make some $$$ at the same time. Or this asset is under utilized and they started this service to avail its services and promote tourism image at the same time.

My friends whose parents were in PAF often boasted on how they got to fly C-130 flights for almost free. I would rather see a SAAB-2000 promoting tourism and making revenue in its free time rather than ferrying people for no charge.

PAF is no fool, they must have a proper reason. One thing could be its a way to induct more SAAB-2000s showing they are being used for non military applications as well.

Interesting. I'm all for PAF making money. But it seems this is not really out to make money but some "soft image" propaganda BS, where they neither make money nor do anything meaningful, and leave scope for corruption.

I would love to see PAF buy more Saab 2000s and provide a for-profit service to various destinations. It would put the cost of keeping pilots trained to a minimum while earning valuable money. It would also increase competition in the market, which can only help. Saab 2000s are cheap to operate and have cheap CPFH. Would make an excellent aeroplane for such a role.

It may also be a good way to create a category of reserve pilots for the PAF.

Speaking of misuses by the PAF. They were planning a 5 star resort in the Naltar "base" to make money from.
Basically the Paujis all occupy the best tourist spots, the most valuable land and then use it to generate funds for their own retirement benefits.
Aray bhai Elected gornament ko kis nay kaha ha ya na karay woo bhi karay aur apna muafa karay. But the problem is When FWO is cleaning the litter that people left at the lakes that tells you what can our elected Government can do.#apnayappkobadlo

@Oscar PAF cannot do anything w/o MoD permission. Everything is blue-printed. A fullstop would need legislative coverage otherwise it stands permissible.

PIA still belongs to Pakistan use their jets SMH
bholy badshaho PIA have own himalaya safari re-started this month again . ye to PIA se muqabla ho raha hai :lol:

pk-apr1a.jpg

37036980_2149008538461493_7103110063375515648_n.jpg

37015908_2150470401648640_1314253537240154112_n.jpg

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/339584-pia-to-launch-air-safari-once-again

I am sorry is PAKISTAN AIR FORCE a business ?

If its not, it should be, as money is in short supply and critical for the defense establishment.

But instead of becoming property developers and corn flakes makers, they should look to utilize their core competency of flying and maintaining aircraft. This is also good practice for keeping airforce capabilities and facilities up to shape.

I think this is not a bad approach for using these idle assets ,,, Otherwise they will be used for executive flights only ...

However, I think the cost is very low as a sinlge round trip to skardu cost you almost the same ...

Since we have all the defence experts generating their valuable contribution without an iota of knowledge on the subject, let me ask you whether the PAF has initiated this venture. PAF merely supplied an aircraft which due to it's nature most of the time sits idle in the hangar. How many times in a month would PAF use a 45 seat transport plane to ferry it's personal or otherwise. Furthermore it gives PAF transport pilots flying experience. And for Indians taking pot shots and all others in oblivion, read how the IAF recently spent some Rs. 30 Cr by utilising it's C-17s and C-130s.

₹29.41 cr. spent on ferrying new notes post-demonetisation
https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...notes-post-demonetisation/article24369829.ece

And in the end, here's a message from Mr Lakhvi.

Bravo Adventures
7:49 AM (19 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

Thank you for your kind words please re write my name as Asif Shafiq Lakhvi , My message to the Pakistanis who are living abroad bring your money to Pakistan and invest in tourism sector.
Mera Pegham Pakistan!
sir paf keh abbay jaan ka plane nai rent peh day dain hum na mehnat kar keh inko dilla keh dia hai keh so they use it for our protectuon and not make money for generals retirement fund!

Aray bhai Elected gornament ko kis nay kaha ha ya na karay woo bhi karay aur apna muafa karay. But the problem is When FWO is cleaning the litter that people left at the lakes that tells you what can our elected Government can do.#apnayappkobadlo
sir nro was signed by fauji general that allowed current and last politicial party to contest win election and loot Pakistan blame fauji first for signing nro

پی اے ایف کا دفاع کرنے والوں کی تاویلات پر ہنسی آتی ہے

بھائی جان اگر یہ جہاز نہیں چاہیے تھا سارا دن کھڑا رہتا ہے تو لیا ہی کیوں ؟ ہمارے پاس فضول پیسا ہے اس کی بجائے سکول بنا دیتے ۔
نمبر دو خالی اڑتا تھا تو بھر لیا اگر کسی نے جہاز پر سفر کیا ہو تو جانتا ہو گا زیادہ وزن کے پیسے دینے پڑتے ہیں کیونکہ خالی جہاز کم فیول استمال کرتا ہے جتنا وزن بڑھے گا اتنا زیادہ انجنوں کو پاور دینی ہو گی نمبر دو مینٹینس کوسٹ دینی ہو گی جہاز کے فلائنگ ہاور کم ہوں گے جہاز استمال ہو گا تو پرانا ہو گا ۔
نمبر 3 یہ پبلک پراپرٹی ہے کمرشل پراپرٹی نہیں کہ سواریاں اٹھائی پھرو یہ صرف آٖفیشل استمال کے لیے لیے گئے تھے
ہم سمجھ رہے تھے وہ ان ساب-2000 کو اواکس میں کنورٹ کریں گے انہوں نے انکو لوکل بس بنا دیا اور ہم اپنا منہ بند رکھیں ؟
اور آخری تاویل کہ پیسے کما رہے ہیں کیونکہ ڈیفینس بجٹ کم ہے یہ فیصلہ عوام کے نمائندوں نے کرنا ہے کہ کتنا بجٹ کب دینا ہے نا کہ ائیر فورس اپنا فیصلہ خود کر لے کہ میں کیسے پیسے کماؤں ، فوجیں ایسے کام نہین کرتیں ۔
شاہین ائیر کے نام سے پہلے ہی انکی ایک ائیر لائن ہے اب ملٹری جہازوں پر سفاری شروع کرا دی ہے اب ایسے میں لوگ ملٹری انک کے نام سے کتاب لکھیں تو کیا غلط کرتے ہیں ؟
اور پھر کیا ملٹری ایکیوپمنٹ کو اس طرح سے سویلینز کے حوالے کر دینا نیشنل سیکیورٹی کے خلاف نہیں ؟ملٹری بیس کے اندر ملٹری جہاز پر آپ 40-50 ہزار دے کر پرواز کر سکتے ہیں واہ کیا آئیڈیا لگایا ہے ۔

یہ ائیر فورس ہر پاکستانی کی اتنی ہے جتنی کہ اسکے فینز کی سب کو پوچھنے کا حق ہے ۔

Tu agar koi shaitan hau tu sab shaitan hain?
That is the logic? If a section of Pakistani government are rapist then it should be ok for the rest to be molesters?

Tu agar koi shaitan hau tu sab shaitan hain?
That is the logic? If a section of Pakistani government are rapist then it should be ok for the rest to be molesters?
Precisely!

Back
Top Bottom