What's new

Combat AIDS with Indian culture, not condoms, says Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan

"One should also promote integrity of sexual relationship between husband and wife - a part of Indian culture," he was quoted as telling the New York Times in a telephonic interview.

Combat AIDS with Indian culture, not condoms, says Dr Harsh Vardhan : North, News - India Today

This is so wrong. This is not Indian culture, but culture brought by foreign invaders, i.e. Islamic and Christian (Colonial Brits) morality.
Original Indian culture promotes extramarital sex, including sex in temples, and sexual freedom in general, in the form of non-traditional sexual encounters including gay sex, incest and bestiality (read Kama Sutra). Indians should be proud of it. Embracing Abrahamic morality is a step towards stone age!

Your argument is the argument put forward by all conservatives as a last resort......
Tell me, did anywhere in my previous post I mention that only I should be given all the freedom?......NO!
Tell me again, why should we not extend the freedom that we enjoy, to our sisters,mothers, wives etc.......aren't they humans as well?
I will never try to restrict the freedom of my mother as she is elder to me and more experienced than me, so, whatever she decides to do would be a better decision than mine.....
I will not restrict my sister's freedom cause we have equal rights and would guide her if needed.....
Lastely, if my wife cheats on me, I'll gladly give her a divorce.......got it!

You have failed to extend the same liberty to your daughter, perhaps an oversight on your behalf and you are correct.......I cannot argue with that logic. I mean I can understand your family ethics and morals where your women are allowed to sleep around, although the society has a word for that behaviour, but I cannot relate to it, not personally, not morally, not ethically, not socially, not religiously and not even legally!!

My sister is an adult woman. Its not my business who she is sleeping with as long as she loves him and he treats her well.

Is he treating her well by FU**ING her but not honouring her with marriage???

You have failed to extend the same liberty to your daughter, perhaps an oversight on your behalf and you are correct.......I cannot argue with that logic. I mean I can understand your family ethics and morals where your women are allowed to sleep around, although the society has a word for that behaviour, but I cannot relate to it, not personally, not morally, not ethically, not socially, not religiously and not even legally!!

Firstly, You're unable to grasp the concept because of your inbuilt notion that women can't have sexual desire, women are their only to give men pleasure, women cannot take their own decision............in short, a woman is an object to you........if/when you will be able to get rid of this male-chauvinistic mentality, you'll understand the whole thing......
Treat women as your fellow human being and give them the same freedom that you enjoy......
Why should I stop my sister if she want's to sleep with a man of her choice?.......my sister won't stop me if I want to sleep with a woman of my choice(who is someone else's sister).......

Secondly,why do you assume that it's only boys want to have sexual pleasure and not take the responsibility of marriage......it could be the woman who's not willing for marriage(may be because of her career)........
Today's highly ambitious working women are generally averse towards marriage, they wan't to build up their career first, which takes time and you can't expect them to remain virgin till their early/mid thirties........you need to understand that they have sexual desires too.......they have their own mind and they can break away from a relationship too........they can exploit men too.......i.e you need to accept that women can take their own decisions too........

What if I say, SHE is fuc**ing/using/exploiting him and not honouring him with marriage..................unbelievable, right?.....only if you think women are not humans.

Last edited:
@oFFbEAT @Koovie

you have restored my faith in Indian Men somewhat.

Also, if Pre-Marital sex is immoral.

well, I am not very moral then.

Grow and and become a little bit more mature.

Just because you ran out of arguments you do not have to resort to such a low level of expression.

Just because you ran out of arguments you do not have to resort to such a low level of expression.

what he said is partially true.

If you have a girlfriend, or a wife as a dutiful lover or a husband is it not a Man's prerogative to make the sexual experience as pleasurable as possible?

wait....

Firstly, You're unable to grasp the concept because of your inbuilt notion that women can't have sexual desire, women are their only to give men pleasure, women cannot take their own decision............in short, a woman is an object to you........if/when you will be able to get rid of this male-chauvinistic mentality, you'll understand the whole thing......
Treat women as your fellow human being and give them the same freedom that you enjoy......
Why should I stop my sister if she want's to sleep with a man of her choice?.......my sister won't stop me if I want to sleep with a woman of my choice(who is someone else's sister).......

Secondly,why do you assume that it's only boys want to have sexual pleasure and not take the responsibility of marriage......it could be the woman who's not willing for marriage(may be because of her career)........
Today's highly ambitious working women are generally averse towards marriage, they wan't to build up their career first, which takes time and you can't expect them to remain virgin till their early/mid thirties........you need to understand that they have sexual desires too.......they have their own mind and they can break away from a relationship too........they can exploit men too.......i.e you need to accept that women can take their own decisions too........

It is actually you who is unable to grasp the concept of civility, morality and ethics. I am not considering women any symbol or object as the same is evident in my own actions and practices. Although me not having sex outside marriage was predominantly because it is one of the greatest of sins in my religion but one of the other very big reason, amongst still others, was the fact that I was scared how scarred my mother would be if she ever found out that I was indulging in such immoral activities, I was scared that I may never be able to face her.

You thought that I consider women mere objects whereas women in my life are superior to all males in my life, my mother is superior to my father in every which way, she is ranked higher even in my religion as my religion tells me that even heaven is beneath the feet of one's mother. My daughter is the most precious thing that I have, so much so that my family constantly keeps reminding me to keep a balance b/w my son and my daughter as my son feels that I do not love him enough. I respect and care for my wife above myself. Basically, the women in my life and in families where I belong actually dominate the family matrix and they are the ones who make all the important and strategic decision.

Contrary to your conclusion, we respect our women above all others and it is our women that expect us to stay within moral and ethical boundaries, with them and with others!

P.S. So the women around you are old enough to get laid but not old enough to get married????

What if I say, SHE is fuc**ing/using/exploiting him and not honouring him with marriage..................unbelievable, right?.....only if you think women are not humans.

I cannot speak of such a women as usually women do not exhibit this height of immorality. I wonder whether you are arguing just for the sake of argument or that you have actually come across such a woman.

The expression is low and the actual act is not??? I wonder how much you have grown up and I hope and pray that I do not grow to that level.

It is actually you who is unable to grasp the concept of civility, morality and ethics. I am not considering women any symbol or object as the same is evident in my own actions and practices. Although me not having sex outside marriage was predominantly because it is one of the greatest of sins in my religion but one of the other very big reason, amongst still others, was the fact that I was scared how scarred my mother would be if she ever found out that I was indulging in such immoral activities, I was scared that I may never be able to face her.

You thought that I consider women mere objects whereas women in my life are superior to all males in my life, my mother is superior to my father in every which way, she is ranked higher even in my religion as my religion tells me that even heaven is beneath the feet of one's mother. My daughter is the most precious thing that I have, so much so that my family constantly keeps reminding me to keep a balance b/w my son and my daughter as my son feels that I do not love him enough. I respect and care for my wife above myself. Basically, the women in my life and in families where I belong actually dominate the family matrix and they are the ones who make all the important and strategic decision.

Contrary to your conclusion, we respect our women above all others and it is our women that expect us to stay within moral and ethical boundaries, with them and with others!

P.S. So the women around you are old enough to get laid but not old enough to get married????

I cannot speak of such a women as usually women do not exhibit this height of immorality. I wonder whether you are arguing just for the sake of argument or that you have actually come across such a woman.

The expression is low and the actual act is not??? I wonder how much you have grown up and I hope and pray that I do not grow to that level.

1.) The term "fu**ing is indeed pretty low. If you talk about having sex and want to appear a little more serious, use other terms

2.) Since you talk so much about morality, have you ever cared to think about the definition of morality? Ever though about the fact that not every one shares the same points of view as you do?

1.) The term "fu**ing is indeed pretty low. If you talk about having sex and want to appear a little more serious, use other terms

It is FU**ING.....is it not? It is ironic that you consider the actual act to be moral and the word that describes it absolutely, as low.

2.) Since you talk so much about morality, have you ever cared to think about the definition of morality? Ever though about the fact that not every one shares the same points of view as you do?

That is usually that starting point for the immoral, as there is no defined line......where does one draw the line then? The immoral usually have problems with those who have morals, it is not a surprise that you have a problem with what I have to say.

It is FU**ING.....is it not? It is ironic that you consider the actual act to be moral and the word that describes it absolutely, as low.

Even a pre school kid knows that the term fukcing and others are not meant for discussions on a certain level. IF you cant get that into your head, go and get help.

That is usually that starting point for the immoral, as there is no defined line......where does one draw the line then? The immoral usually have problems with those who have morals, it is not a surprise that you have a problem with what I have to say.

Try to answer my question first.

You are making yourself more and more ridiculous.

So indirectly he's trying to say that Indian culture is like a condom? :p:

This is so wrong. This is not Indian culture, but culture brought by foreign invaders, i.e. Islamic and Christian (Colonial Brits) morality.
Original Indian culture promotes extramarital sex, including sex in temples, and sexual freedom in general, in the form of non-traditional sexual encounters including gay sex, incest and bestiality (read Kama Sutra). Indians should be proud of it. Embracing Abrahamic morality is a step towards stone age!
Nowhere does it say about Bestiality in Kama sutra.Nor sex in temples or gay sex etc. as you said.
DId you read Kama Sutra first?It tells about rules of when to have sex etc. and how and what type of woman prefers sex in which way etc.

Nowhere does it say about Bestiality in Kama sutra.Nor sex in temples or gay sex etc. as you said.
DId you read Kama Sutra first?It tells about rules of when to have sex etc. and how and what type of woman prefers sex in which way etc.

He has absolutely no clue about Hinduism or it's ultimate purpose which is to break away from the cycle of birth and rebirth to attain Moksha.

Thank you Mr Minister.

Unfortunately AIDS is not a cultural thing, diseases need medicines and if cultures prevented crime & sex India & S Asia would neither be so populous or crime ridden.

Lets stick to science please.

Unfortunately you didn't get the point.
To combat AIDS we have to improve our sex education, awareness and the distribution and accessibility of condoms and not moral teaching like the Vatican is doing it in Africa :hitwall:

Does condoms comes with a 100% guarantee for protection against HIV?? People indulges in sexual activities with the hope that condoms will save them...and then end up transmitting disease. Read properly what Dr. Harshvardhan spoke....fail to understand it read it again. Once you comprehend his message these doubts will be over...

I went dubai last month, found model girl, and used condom. Very high price 1000 dirham per night, while 600-800 for one Shot... While normal girl agrees for 100 dirham including Suck and shot service.. ,,, We should fight against Aids, Always use condom otherwise you are inviting Aids ,,,

Condoms do not guarantee 100% safety....so better keep you horse under control. And that was the message
Effectiveness of condoms in preventing HIV trans... [Soc Sci Med. 1997] - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom