What's new

Combat AIDS with Indian culture, not condoms, says Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan

But science says, we are basically animals with principles.....so, we may not go around raping others but when it comes to consensual sex, there shouldn't be any problem....
Regarding adultery, if a man/woman is having sex outside marriage, then you can safely assume that their is something wrong with the marriage and it's better for both husband and wife to separate/divorce.......

Bottom-line is, sex is a natural urge like hunger etc., no-matter how much you try to suppress it, it still finds its way through.......
Therefore, instead of wasting resources trying to suppress it, we should have faith in the conscience of out fellow human beings............people can still act civilized even if they are not forced to.......
People will NOT start indulging in incest if there is no LAW prohibiting it........there will be exceptions of-course and those exceptions exist even when there are LAWS prohibiting it, therefore, your argument is illogical......

Do you intend to get married in the future? If yes, what would your reaction be if your fiance uses the same argument to justify her past promiscuity? I'm assuming that since you believe sex is just like hunger you'd have absolutely no issues with her past sexual exploits.

My best friend died of aids he was a iv drug user.I once talked to him about the danger of sharing needles but he thought because he ate alot of meat and drank alot of milk he would be ok.If he had been educated about the danger of sharing needles or a free needle exchange program existed he would still be alive.Instead he's dead his mum commited suicide through grief thats just one family think of all the familys of truck drivers migrant workers who bring this virus back to their wives.These people have to be targeted with aids education.

Why don't people just mas****ate when you have a urge. You save money and do not get aids!!

I went dubai last month, found model girl, and used condom. Very high price 1000 dirham per night, while 600-800 for one Shot... While normal girl agrees for 100 dirham including Suck and shot service.. ,,, We should fight against Aids, Always use condom otherwise you are inviting Aids ,,,

Pics or it didnt happen- :pop:-

May be this boldfaced part led writer to title the story this way. Anyway, I don't agree with Dr. sahib completely. He's making it complicated, cultural and moral values cannot be preached, human nature is so unpredictable. What he suggests does sound great but not practical. The simplest and more effective solution in my opinion is awareness at a highest degree possible, along with precautions and everything people should be specifically admonished about the prognosis of the disease. Unless one is ready to commit a suicide fear for life is a reason good enough to convince the people.

IMO you are right that awareness is the best way to control. However, adding cultural references cannot be bad.

See, binding oneself with marriage is a big step, not everyone wants to take it with 22 years!

And your statement that it "dishonours with lust" just shows me that we are not going to get anywhere with this discussion because of our fundamentally different points of view on this matter.

Hmm.....well, I guess you are only limiting this freedom to yourself and hence the difference of mindset. I wonder whether you would allow, least advocate, the same liberty to your sister, mother, wife or daughter.

But science says, we are basically animals with principles.....so, we may not go around raping others but when it comes to consensual sex, there shouldn't be any problem....
Regarding adultery, if a man/woman is having sex outside marriage, then you can safely assume that their is something wrong with the marriage and it's better for both husband and wife to separate/divorce.......

Bottom-line is, sex is a natural urge like hunger etc., no-matter how much you try to suppress it, it still finds its way through.......
Therefore, instead of wasting resources trying to suppress it, we should have faith in the conscience of our fellow human beings............people can still act civilized even if they are not forced to.........
People will NOT start indulging in incest if there is no LAW prohibiting it........there will be exceptions of-course and those exceptions exist even when there are LAWS prohibiting it, therefore, your argument is illogical......

Please look at my post above.

Hmm.....well, I guess you are only limiting this freedom to yourself and hence the difference of mindset. I wonder whether you would allow, least advocate, the same liberty to your sister, mother, wife or daughter.
Your argument is the argument put forward by all conservatives as a last resort......
Tell me, did anywhere in my previous post I mention that only I should be given all the freedom?......NO!
Tell me again, why should we not extend the freedom that we enjoy, to our sisters,mothers, wives etc.......aren't they humans as well?
I will never try to restrict the freedom of my mother as she is elder to me and more experienced than me, so, whatever she decides to do would be a better decision than mine.....
I will not restrict my sister's freedom cause we have equal rights and would guide her if needed.....
Lastely, if my wife cheats on me, I'll gladly give her a divorce.......got it!

Do you intend to get married in the future? If yes, what would your reaction be if your fiance uses the same argument to justify her past promiscuity? I'm assuming that since you believe sex is just like hunger you'd have absolutely no issues with her past sexual exploits.
The point here is, being Liberal or Conservative and believe me, the only difference between the two is that, in a liberal society/family things happen openly and in a Conservative society/family the SAME things happen in disguise.....
If I'm a conservative, my wife will simply keep her past affairs a secret to me whereas she might tell me about it if I'm more open minded.........but can you guarantee that the person I'm going to marry would not have any past affair?.....IF NOT, then what is the use of being conservatives apart from fooling ourselves.....

Last edited:

My sister is an adult woman. Its not my business who she is sleeping with as long as she loves him and he treats her well.

The point here is, being Liberal or Conservative and believe me, the only difference between the two is that, in a liberal society/family things happen openly and in a Conservative society/family the SAME things happen in disguise.....
If I'm a conservative, my wife will simply keep her past affairs a secret to me whereas she might tell me about it if I'm more open minded.........but can you guarantee that the person I'm going to marry would not have any past affair?.....IF NOT, then what is the use of being conservatives apart from fooling ourselves.....

No philosophy please. :no: Let us assume that you're open minded. So your fiance tells you that she has had many past sexual exploits and also describes some in detail. Two questions - 1. Will you be able to love her unconditionally despite her past for the rest of your life? 2. Based on the rather depressing philosophy of yours I wonder if you even believe in fidelity after marriage. Do you?

Also, your definition of liberal and conservative is absolutely wrong and also funny! :D Liberals openly cheat while conservatives cheat behind closed doors. Where did you pick this utterly narrow minded and bigoted definition from?

My sister is an adult woman. Its not my business who she is sleeping with as long as she loves him and he treats her well.

Why bring family into this....@mav3rick

No philosophy please. :no: Let us assume that you're open minded. So your fiance tells you that she has had many past sexual exploits and also describes some in detail. Two questions - 1. Will you be able to love her unconditionally despite her past for the rest of your life? ....
Your question doesn't make any sense considering the fact that my fiance's virginity would not depend on my philosophy(liberal/conservative).......
If she chooses to disclose the facts to me, then I'll think she is being honest and if we truly love each other......nothing else will matter......

2. Based on the rather depressing philosophy of yours I wonder if you even believe in fidelity after marriage. Do you?...
I believe in staying faithful to each other as long as you're in a relationship(be it marriage or simply an affair)......
what I don't believe in is, forcing someone to be faithful.....that is oppression to me......
The couple would remain faithful to each other if they are truly in love and there is no other problem(like say impotency).......
If they are not faithful that means there is a problem and the best solution is a DIVORCE........not stoning to death......

Also, your definition of liberal and conservative is absolutely wrong and also funny! :D Liberals openly cheat while conservatives cheat behind closed doors. Where did you pick this utterly narrow minded and bigoted definition from?
From my own experience and knowledge gathered so far......
For starters you can read the book named 'A Kabuliwala's Bengali Wife'--by Sushmita Banerjee, based on true story and based on which a Bollywood film named 'Escape From Taliban' is made.....
In the book(not in the film) you will find how, in the so called strictly conservative society of Afghanistan(then under strict Taliban control) how it is common that fathers impregnates their daughter-in-laws while their sons are away to earn their livelihood..........but the incidents are never made public in the fear that Taliban would kill both of them......

Regarding my personal experience, I've many women friends who regularly fool their strict parents.....LOL

Last edited:
If she chooses to disclose the facts to me, then I'll think she is being honest and if we truly love each other......nothing else will matter......

I completely disagree with everything you've said thus far but I shall still fight for your right to practice your views. This is why I'm a liberal :D A liberal is someone who is open to views other than his own even if he doesn't agree with them. If you wish to know my views go though this (not written by me) Men and Marriage

Needless to say, giving condoms more importance will not only help to contain AIDS and other STD`s, it will also help to reduce the birth rate.

I went dubai last month, found model girl, and used condom. Very high price 1000 dirham per night, while 600-800 for one Shot... While normal girl agrees for 100 dirham including Suck and shot service.. ,,, We should fight against Aids, Always use condom otherwise you are inviting Aids ,,,
Wah bhai ,tune toh poora rate aur shot ka rate bata diya, details bhi post karo aur photo bhi :D

or her future sexual exploits if the OP is that liberal :D

Why don't people just mas****ate when you have a urge. You save money and do not get aids!!
Back in europe a sperm donation in sperm bank would fetch 20-50$ :D
Vikki Donor :D

Last edited:
:pop:

May be this boldfaced part led writer to title the story this way. Anyway, I don't agree with Dr. sahib completely. He's making it complicated, cultural and moral values cannot be preached, human nature is so unpredictable. What he suggests does sound great but not practical. The simplest and more effective solution in my opinion is awareness at a highest degree possible, along with precautions and everything people should be specifically admonished about the prognosis of the disease. Unless one is ready to commit a suicide fear for life is a reason good enough to convince the people.
i dont see why people think its immoral to have sex with multiple people. Only in marriage its kind of lying but if both do and other side sort of know it, its no more a lie.
sometimes if marriage sucks but you cant get out of it, affair makes perfect sense.
The minister is unnecessarily bringing culture here, as those whose actions are driven by culture (or tradition) wont do it, and those who are not bound by culture will ignore your advice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom