What's new

Combat AIDS with Indian culture, not condoms, says Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan

you can promote abistinance all you want .But a young twenty something migrant worker living far from his family will have sex while he is away most likely with a whore.Condoms are a must so they dont go back to their villages and spread hiv to their wives.

It all stops when we realize that we are not animals and that we have principle, morals and ethics!
....and that realization should come the natural way.......no-one should force one's own realization,principle,morals,ethics on others.....
It would be unfair if you say, "look, I've had sex with so many women/men when I was young and now realized that it is immoral, so you should have sex with only one".........LOL

Last edited:
Men in early 20's want to have sex? Came to the party a bit late, didn't you? My teen years were a crisis but does that mean we should all start sleeping around? And then the fact that 1 woman could never be enough, we always want more. So where does it all stop?

It all stops when we realize that we are not animals and that we have principle, morals and ethics!

I forgot to add late teens, anyways, I am not saying that we all should start sleeping around. If two individuals love each other, they can do it.

And after all, a people in this age group are at the peak of their physical capabilities and naturally, the desire will be at its highest.

....and that realization should come the natural way.......no-one should force one's own realization,principle,morals,ethics on others.....
It would be unfair if you say, "look, I've had sex with so many women/men during my younger days and now realized that it is immoral, so you should have sex with only one".........LOL

The parents, elders and guardians are all there to guide us through the 'younger' years. And when they are not there, there is always the LAW! Not having sex outside of marriage is not just any Joe's principle, moral or ethical behaviour, it is the universal!

Next, some people would demand the right to incest, relations with others despite marriage etc., As I said, we are not animals!!!

I forgot to add late teens, anyways, I am not saying that we all should start sleeping around. If two individuals love each other, they can do it.

And after all, a people in this age group are at the peak of their physical capabilities and naturally, the desire will be at its highest.

If 2 individuals love each other then they most likely respect each other too and they should honour their love with marriage rather then dishonour it with lust. What is so hard about getting married that makes sex outside of marriage so popular and desirable?

People have sex outside marriage, it happens everywhere and is natural. The difference is that people in some countries are open about it, and in other not.

Of course men in their early 20s want to have sex, thats what nature has programmed them to do. Waiting until your late 20`s is harsh

it is not natural dude,dont do communist bullshit here.

dying of aids is also natural,not artifical.

People have sex outside marriage, it happens everywhere and is natural. The difference is that people in some countries are open about it, and in other not.

Of course men in their early 20s want to have sex, thats what nature has programmed them to do. Waiting until your late 20`s is harsh
20's come bombay it start at 15-16

it is not natural dude,dont do communist bullshit here.

dying of aids is also natural,not artifical.

Are you telling me that having sex outside marriage is not natural?

If you have scientific evidence to prove this, show it... otherwise get help soon.

Actually you should do it anyways, since you somehow managed to bring communism in this :lol:

If 2 individuals love each other then they most likely respect each other too and they should honour their love with marriage rather then dishonour it with lust. What is so hard about getting married that makes sex outside of marriage so popular and desirable?

See, binding oneself with marriage is a big step, not everyone wants to take it with 22 years!

And your statement that it "dishonours with lust" just shows me that we are not going to get anywhere with this discussion because of our fundamentally different points of view on this matter.

Last edited:
The parents, elders and guardians are all there to guide us through the 'younger' years. And when they are not there, there is always the LAW! Not having sex outside of marriage is not just any Joe's principle, moral or ethical behaviour, it is the universal!

Next, some people would demand the right to incest, relations with others despite marriage etc., As I said, we are not animals!!!

But science says, we are basically animals with principles.....so, we may not go around raping others but when it comes to consensual sex, there shouldn't be any problem....
Regarding adultery, if a man/woman is having sex outside marriage, then you can safely assume that their is something wrong with the marriage and it's better for both husband and wife to separate/divorce.......

Bottom-line is, sex is a natural urge like hunger etc., no-matter how much you try to suppress it, it still finds its way through.......
Therefore, instead of wasting resources trying to suppress it, we should have faith in the conscience of our fellow human beings............people can still act civilized even if they are not forced to.........
People will NOT start indulging in incest if there is no LAW prohibiting it........there will be exceptions of-course and those exceptions exist even when there are LAWS prohibiting it, therefore, your argument is illogical......

Last edited:
I went dubai last month, found model girl, and used condom. Very high price 1000 dirham per night, while 600-800 for one Shot... While normal girl agrees for 100 dirham including Suck and shot service.. ,,, We should fight against Aids, Always use condom otherwise you are inviting Aids ,,,

Too much information mate :cheesy:

1000 BC
The use of condoms has been traced back several thousand years. It is believed that around 1000 BC the ancient Egyptians used a linen sheath for protection against disease.

100 - 200 AD
The earliest evidence of condom use in Europe comes from scenes in cave paintings at Combarelles in France. There is also some evidence that some form of condom was used in imperial Rome.

1500s
The syphilis epidemic that spread across Europe gave rise to the first published account of the condom. Gabrielle Fallopius described a sheath of linen he claimed to have invented to protect men against syphilis. Having been found useful for prevention of infection, it was only later that the usefulness of the condom for the prevention of pregnancy was recognised.

Later in the 1500s, one of the first improvements to the condom was made, when the linen cloth sheaths were sometimes soaked in a chemical solution and then allowed to dry prior to use. These were the first spermicides on condoms.

1700s
The first published use of the world 'condum' was in a 1706 poem. It has also been suggested that Condom was a doctor in the time of Charles II. It is believed that he invented the device to help the king to prevent the birth of more illegitimate children.

Even the most famous lover of all, Casanova, was using the condom as a birth control as well as against infection.

Condoms made out of animal intestines began to be available. However, they were quite expensive and the unfortunate result was that they were often reused. This type of condom was described at the time as "an armour against pleasure, and a cobweb against infection".

In the second half of the 1700's, a trade in handmade condoms thrived in London and some shops where producing handbills and advertisements of condoms.

1800s
The use of condoms was affected by technological, economic and social development in Europe and the US in the 1800s.

Condom manufacturing was revolutionised by the discovery of rubber vulcanisation by Goodyear (founder of the tyre company) and Hancock. This meant that it was possible to mass produce rubber goods including condoms quickly and cheaply. Vulcanisation is a process, which turns the rubber into a strong elastic material.

In 1861,the first advertisement for condoms was published in an American newspaper when The New York Times printed an ad. for 'Dr. Power's French Preventatives.'

In 1873, the Comstock Law was passed. Named after Anthony Comstock, the Comstock Law made illegal the advertising of any sort of birth control, and it also allowed the postal service to confiscate condoms sold through the mail.

Condoms should be seen as part of culture with this history.

When the Indian culture was taking shape, HIV had not made an inter-species leap. Hence I guess, Indian Culture alone won't be sufficient.

I went dubai last month, found model girl, and used condom. Very high price 1000 dirham per night, while 600-800 for one Shot... While normal girl agrees for 100 dirham including Suck and shot service.. ,,, We should fight against Aids, Always use condom otherwise you are inviting Aids ,,,
ba24b79e68260444fc1f255983dbbcb04c2156dfd081e3775af1825a33912dd6.jpg

The only way to stop aids is through promotion of safe sex,free needle exchange and mandatory hiv tests before marriage.Trying to get people to not have sexx outside marriage will not work. like chris rock said men are only as faithful as their options.

Trying to get people to not have sex outside marriage will not work. like chris rock said men are only as faithful as their options.

Whatever an individual chooses to do with his/her life I believe it should be the responsibility of the state to promote moral and ethical behavior. By that I certainly do not imply that the state sits in one's bedroom and invades individual privacy. There is a huge difference between just promoting moral values and enforcing them. The latter is not the business of the state. Also, let us not wish away (not just sexual) morality/ethics as it it were a mere illusion.

"The thrust of the AIDS campaign should not only be on the use of condoms. This sends the wrong message that you can have any kind of illicit sexual relationship, but as long as you're using a condom, it's fine," Dr Harsh Vardhan was quoted as saying

May be this boldfaced part led writer to title the story this way. Anyway, I don't agree with Dr. sahib completely. He's making it complicated, cultural and moral values cannot be preached, human nature is so unpredictable. What he suggests does sound great but not practical. The simplest and more effective solution in my opinion is awareness at a highest degree possible, along with precautions and everything people should be specifically admonished about the prognosis of the disease. Unless one is ready to commit a suicide fear for life is a reason good enough to convince the people.

Back
Top Bottom