What's new

COAS attends Al Khalid-1 handing over ceromony as CG at HIT - ISPR

View attachment 656551

Hi @Signalian, yes thy have left spaces to put ERAs but looks like there will be a couple of rows on the front a few pieces on the turret.
There is room left for proper upgrades as well as makeshift upgrades (jugaar) during war. In fact, its the battles and wars which help technology improve and incorporate progressively. In peace time, Exs help too.

I was told by someone that Turkey already part of project or let say helping in AK 2 project. Therefore in my opinion instead of designing completely new thing just produce a 55 tonne version of Altay with Ukranian engine.
If PA is satisfied with Altay's:
1. Armor protection
2. Weight
3. 120mm gun
4. 7 seven road wheel config.

That is Lt. Gen Bilal Akbar sitting right behind Gen. Bajwa (at 39th second). Last week Indian Gen Bakshi was spreading the fake news that he is under arrest with few other generals for differences with Gen. Bajwa also Foreign minister Qureshi is under arrest in CMH.

All bakths were creating the storm about it on twitter, shameless basta*ds all of them especially that mad dog gen bakhshi.

Lol

indians....they are cartoons

Problem is Heavy Weight wont work for in this neighbourhood properly.
Lets just imagine in few decades new unmanned armed Drone Tanks being deployed around the globe.
One these will be smaller and can be more stronger because of its compact design and with other systems. Heat Signature will be lower.
Easier and quicker to transport.
Biggest issue will be maintenance and supplies as unless Pakistan builds a strong defence industry
The reason that heavy tanks won't do good is not just terrain but logistics also. Agile and fast are best however agile, fast and heavy are perfect.
The main role that tanks play is exploiting weaknesses in enemy positions and breaking through their lines to let infantry and other supporting forces pour in to that gap. So putting your best force against enemy's weakest force is where tanks excel.

Un manned tanks will be the future, but then supporting forces like infantry (robots) and logistics/recovery need to be unmanned too.

To some degree yes, AK-1 surpass T-90 but @Dazzler can answer you better he is definitely our best expert on Tank s and Armored Vehicles of Pakistan .
I think a better question that members should ask and ponder is where and how should AK-1 be deployed to maximise its potential as a major armored threat against Indian Forces ?

These abc Vs xyz questions are littered all over youtube.

COAS-AL-KHALID-TANK-INSIDE1595957456-1[1].png

Al Khalid 1 looks like vt 4. I hope this is not the case and its a new tank. Plus with the numbers in the video and the tanks that have been reported to be recently received from China?

You are truly a PRINCE 8-)

In the previous post, you put a pic of M-901 TOW carrier (officer standing infront), along with IFVs.

Now in this post, you have put pics of ANZA SAM (last 2 pics) along with GA/BS/TOW ATGM carriers.
mulk ki khatir kerna parta hai sir :D

no rws
no active protection

two key areas relevant now a days

If you can see the video where there is closeup of the vehicle, you can see the hooks for ERA. i think they are just not installed on the vehicle at the time of handing over ceremony.

Back
Top Bottom