What's new

'CIA doctor' accused of treason

'Treason' if he knowingly cooperated with a foreign entity/intelligence in carrying out an illegal military operation on Pakistani soil -
He had sworn no obligation to serve the state. Can you point to how his alleged deeds could rise to the definition of high treason under Pakistan's constitution?

He had sworn no obligation to serve the state. Can you point to how his alleged deeds could rise to the definition of high treason under Pakistan's constitution?
As a Citizen of Pakistan he is bound to follow the constitution, and the constitution states:

High treason.
[4A][(1) Any person who abrogates or subverts or suspends or holds in abeyance, or attempts or conspires to abrogate or subvert or suspend or hold in abeyance, the Constitution by use of force or show of force or by any other unconstitutional means shall be guilty of high treason.]
(2) Any person aiding or abetting [4B][or collaborating] the acts mentioned in clause (1) shall likewise be guilty of high treason.
[4C][(2A) An act of high treason mentioned in clause (1) or clause (2) shall not be validated by any court including the Supreme Court and a High Court.]
(3) [5] [Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament)] shall by law provide for the punishment of persons found guilty of high treason.

IF some suggest that he cannot be tried for crimes against the state, then why do terrorist affiliates get tried and jailed?

As a Citizen of Pakistan he is bound to follow the constitution, and the constitution states:

High treason.
[4A][(1) Any person who abrogates or subverts or suspends or holds in abeyance, or attempts or conspires to abrogate or subvert or suspend or hold in abeyance, the Constitution by use of force or show of force or by any other unconstitutional means shall be guilty of high treason.]
(2) Any person aiding or abetting [4B][or collaborating] the acts mentioned in clause (1) shall likewise be guilty of high treason.
[4C][(2A) An act of high treason mentioned in clause (1) or clause (2) shall not be validated by any court including the Supreme Court and a High Court.]
(3) [5] [Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament)] shall by law provide for the punishment of persons found guilty of high treason.

Thank you for that precise definition, but at first reading, it is not clear to me at least, how do the doctor's actions rise to the level of treason as defined above. Could you please enlighten me.

Thank you for that precise definition, but at first reading, it is not clear to me at least, how do the doctor's actions rise to the level of treason as defined above. Could you please enlighten me.

So, he did nothing wrong? And exploited a loophole in the constitution?

No, some of what he did is clearly wrong, but does it rise to the level of treason, that is my question.

Gut feeling says yes, he cooperated with a foreign intelligence agency, and had a hand in plotting a raid , illegal raid, on pakistani soil, so yeah, knowing but not sharing intel of a possible incursion or illegal activity.

But maybe the constitution says otherwise.

Gut feeling says yes, he cooperated with a foreign intelligence agency, and had a hand in plotting a raid , illegal raid, on pakistani soil, so yeah, knowing but not sharing intel of a possible incursion or illegal activity.

But maybe the constitution says otherwise.

Gut feelings are one thing, but the law is quite another. The level of criminal activity for a charge of treason is high indeed, as the definition posted by AM shows.

Is there any info about was OBL involved in terrorists activities on Pakistani soil while his existence in Pakistan?

Solomon, don't just argue for the sake of arguing --especially when you don't have much of an argument here.

it doesn't look smart or ''intellectual'' to argue over something which is really not so complicated to fathom

or do you want me to ask you to also 'defend' people like Robert Hansen? ;)

In your eyes one may need to swear obligation to your state. In our eyes to betray the state by not informing them of a third party approach for WHATEVER reason is regarded as treason. I believe his duty and first port of call should have been to his motherland. To expect anything else is i believe treacherous in itself. You may not regard a person doing that to Israel or USA - that is a matter for you and your judicial system. Its not the case in Pakistan or any other right minded and thinking country.

It became a fashion in America to call fellow citizens as haters and enemies of freedom if they questioned the US foreign policies and its war on Iraq.

Here this chap has betrayed his profession and misused it by working for a foreign entity. He has only made the case of the extremists stronger who are opposed to vaccination.

How would you describe your fellow American doctors, teachers or people in the post office etc who might be working under cover for say Russia, China and Israel? "It became a fashion in America to call fellow citizens as haters and enemies of freedom if they questioned the US foreign policies and its war on Iraq. Here this chap has betrayed his profession and misused it by working for a foreign entity. He has only made the case of the extremists stronger who are opposed to vaccination. How would you describe your fellow American doctors, teachers or people in the post office etc who might be working under cover for say Russia, China and Israel? Israel “does” snoop on you doesn’t it? What you got to say about it? Look the other way and save the sarcasm just for us?Israel “does” snoop on you doesn’t it? What you got to say about it? is it ok as long as the guy is a civilian and you will only rage if he is a serviceman under Oath?

seems like a free hand to the civilans to do what they want as they are not under oath and thus cant be tried for treason since common sense is lost somewhere.

Cheng you are normally on the ball. Read what Agnostic quoted carefully and think about it and it should come to you.

High treason.
How has the doctor abrogated, subverted, suspended or held in abeyance, the Pakistani Constitution and/or attempted or conspired to do such, by co-operating with CIA to catch OBL?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom