What's new

'CIA doctor' accused of treason

Cheng you are normally on the ball. Read what Agnostic quoted carefully and think about it and it should come to you.

I did read it, and thought about it; to me it is still not clear how the doctor's actions rise to the level of treason as defined in the Pakistani constitution. Please help me out with this clarification.

why don't you indians release Madhuri Gupta so that we can offer her Pakistani nationality and help her settle in Pakistan?

:)

why don't you indians release Madhuri Gupta so that we can offer her Pakistani nationality and help her settle in Pakistan?

:)

Shhhhhhhhhhhh

Khan saab you are not suppose to make sense. Act like them.

;)

yea evidently not......

exposing hypocrites and retardedness of a select few is more of an extra-curricular ''leisure'' activity.

yea evidently not......

exposing hypocrites and retardedness of a select few is more of an extra-curricular ''leisure'' activity.

It is and indeed you have the strength to do that. I have just given up on the losers, and when some of our own are so eager to defend the enemy.

yea evidently not......

Nonsense really.. Madhuri Gupta leaked State secrets of India to Pakistan. Now unless you are stipulating that OBL's residence address was a Pakistani state secret (which opens another can of worms), the 2 cases are not comparable..

What though is comparable and no one has tried answering is the similarity between the case of Afridi and Fai..

Nonsense really.. Madhuri Gupta leaked State secrets of India to Pakistan.

she was an indian who ALLEGEDLY worked with and reported to State elements in Pakistan. So regardless of whether she did or didn't ''leak state secrets of india to Pakistan'' --you do agree that the second she reports to a country that is not her own, there are issues?

good, i'm glad you acknowledge that now.....seems that some of the minds of many of your country-men are suffering from symptoms of dry-rot

Now unless you are stipulating that OBL's residence address was a Pakistani state secret (which opens another can of worms), the 2 cases are not comparable..

if protecting bin laden were a state policy, there'd be much better places to keep him hidden

the problem is that Dr. Afridi was not only handing out fake vaccines -- in other words --misreporting his activity and intentions; but he was also taking orders from and reporting to the intel agency of a foreign govt. That is treason in any country.

also, if he had info on bin laden or his whereabouts --the smartest thing to do would have been to notify the local law enforcement agencies and administration. It was silly of him to sell his honour for a few dollars and an American passport.

whats the point of those benefits when it lands you treason charges and jail time?

What though is comparable and no one has tried answering is the similarity between the case of Afridi and Fai..

i've brought it up 3 times in this thread but you nincompoops kept over-looking it.....so perhaps now, you can address it

So this Afridi is a traitor?

Well, I am sure there are several other Afridis (counterparts of Madhuri Gupta) working for some other foreign agencies. ;)

We can surely exchange them after they are caught and are no longer of any use.

good so at least you acknowledge that.....so you understand, things work both ways then

How has the doctor abrogated, subverted, suspended or held in abeyance, the Pakistani Constitution and/or attempted or conspired to do such, by co-operating with CIA to catch OBL?
That would be for the prosecutors to prove and the courts to determine.

What is absurd is people arguing that even putting him on trial for treason is somehow indicative of 'Pakistani complicity in hiding OBL', since he helped the CIA capture him.

The point is that his motives and the end results of his actions, no matter how 'good', do not have bearing on whether or not he committed treason.

As a Citizen of Pakistan he is bound to follow the constitution, and the constitution states:

High treason.
[4A][(1) Any person who abrogates or subverts or suspends or holds in abeyance, or attempts or conspires to abrogate or subvert or suspend or hold in abeyance, the Constitution by use of force or show of force or by any other unconstitutional means shall be guilty of high treason.]
(2) Any person aiding or abetting [4B][or collaborating] the acts mentioned in clause (1) shall likewise be guilty of high treason.
[4C][(2A) An act of high treason mentioned in clause (1) or clause (2) shall not be validated by any court including the Supreme Court and a High Court.]
(3) [5] [Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament)] shall by law provide for the punishment of persons found guilty of high treason.

Some more clarity in the above WRT to amendments made under the 18th amendment.

Amendment of Article 6 of the Constitution:
In the Constitution, in Article 6,
(i) for clause (1), the following shall be substituted, namely:-
(1) Any person who abrogates or subverts or suspends or holds in abeyance, or attempts or conspires to abrogate or subvert or suspend or hold in abeyance, the Constitution by use of force or show of force or by any other unconstitutional means shall be guilty of high treason.
(ii) in clause (2), after the word "abetting" the word "or collaborating" shall be inserted; and
(iii) after clause (2) amended as aforesaid, the following new clause shall be inserted, namely:-
"(2A) An act of high treason mentioned in clause (1) or clause (2) shall not be validated by any court including the Supreme Court and a High Court."

I did read it, and thought about it; to me it is still not clear how the doctor's actions rise to the level of treason as defined in the Pakistani constitution. Please help me out with this clarification.

Article 5 of the Constitution provides that loyalty to the States is the basic duty of every citizen and that obedience to the Constitution and law is the inviolable obligation of every citizen wherever he may be and of every other person for the time being within Pakistan.

Simply conspiring with agencies of other governments would suggest this citizen is being disloyal in my opinion

Article 5 of the Constitution provides that loyalty to the States is the basic duty of every citizen and that obedience to the Constitution and law is the inviolable obligation of every citizen wherever he may be and of every other person for the time being within Pakistan. Simply conspiring with agencies of other governments would suggest this citizen is being disloyal in my opinion
Along with tax evasion, jaywalking, and blowing your nose without washing hands afterwards. So all of these violations merit a charge of treason?

For Solomon2: Why Doctor Ghulaam Nabi Fai was arrested by FBI? After all he was just promoting the cause of Kashmiris?

Often courts in one country are influenced by law judgements in other countries. Though these judgements are not binding they are persusive. I cant understand the likes of zionist soloman and various indian enemies of pakistan can defend afridis actions. After all how is his actions different to Pollard a civilian American Naval intelligence analyst. In the mid 1980's (circa 1983-1984), Pollard discovered information useful to Israel's security was withheld by certain elements within the U.S. national security establishment. Israel was legally entitled to this vital security information according to a 1983 Memorandum of Understanding between the two countries. Yet Pollard has a life sentance and i think has served over 20 years. The point i am making here is that israel and america are freindly, israel was entitled to info, yet when an american citizen (dual israeli) gave info he was punished. Why should pakistan treat its citizens any different?

This is for you pRxxk Zionist

Back
Top Bottom