What's new

Christian Conversions in India - A film by Pia Skov

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is new low.. Why would govt, intelligence agencies put churches and Christians under scanners.. Disgusting.

For Joshua Project and being involved in Breaking India.

Hahaha. Seriously?? I think your thinking of the Native American or "Red Indians" who didn't have alcohol before the colonials introduced it to them. Indians been drinking before the British existed lol. India and Hinduism were always more liberal than other places till the muslim invasions changed it. Just because you have some silly hang up about alcohol doesn't change the history of India. Don't take this the wrong way but you remind me of my sister who has the same habit of the just tossing out silly blanket statements like this one. STOP posting stupid things, seriously.

Now regarding the conversion to Christianity, the lower castes have always been treated badly in rural India. So now here comes a missionary with a message that everything will change if you accept Christ. You can't blame them to converting, can you? You want to stop people from converting out of your religion? Treat them better. Religion is a business and like every business you have a product and a sales pitch. Christianity promotes itself as user friendly (accept Christ as your lord and savior and you don't have to do anything else), Islam promotes itself as the one stop solution (all the answers are in the Koran). Buddhism is promotes its as a solution for the more sophisticated, for the thinker if you will, like a designer brand (made in Nepal but marked up 20 times because of the name).
Now what's your sales pitch? You're like the businessman or woman who sits in his office and bitches and moans about the competition take business away from him or her but doesn't look inward to see that he doesn't have good marketing. Yours is extremely complex product with millions of pages of literature. You should concentrate of better customer support. Dalit getting beat up in a village? Have VHP run over there protect him. Lower caste can't access school? Go give him a ride. Most importantly make sure you leave a card so they know who's helping them because in the end, it's all about brand recognition and superior customer support in business. Because in the end that's what religion is, a Business. A business that take advantage of man's fear of his own mortality and the fear of the unknown hereafter.
You just gave a very nice way of selling religion!! You must be a good sales person in real life!! :lol:

That is modern interpretation. Wine has always been used for its intoxicant properties and other spirits were just different intoxicants. There is no Christian community in the world which is not riddled with alcoholism. May be the Amish.

Don't know what you referring to, I know many people(non-Christians) who don't consider wine as alcohol and won't waste their money in wine.

I'm not accusing anyone, if that is what you meant and as for Indian Christians, all Christians are imperfect and sinners. Among all Christians one will find saints and scoundrels. We are not saved by willing ourselves to not sin and be good in and of ourselves. We are saved by Grace through faith, by cooperating with God's Grace which is a free gift that none of us deserve.

There @danger007. That is your religion. You are not saved by being good. Only by accepting Grace of Christ.

Don't know what you referring to, I know many people(non-Christians) who don't consider wine as alcohol and won't waste their money in wine.

Well there are different level of drinkers. For those who feel wine is too mild for them, it could not be alcohol enough. But that is not how it is viewed by other who are non-drinkers.

As if the poor care about religion... all they need is money and move to the side that offers...We see the politicians buying out people with money, freebies... and people take it and vote... same is true here.... and when they get no more freebies they complain and change to the next politician / religion to get some new freebies...

What's a sacramental wine.
Meaning that in all of those Christian traditions, the "cup" that is consecrated by the priest as the Holy Eucharist, (also called Holy Communion, Lord's Supper.), must be fermented alcoholic wine. The use of un-fermented grape juice would invalidate it as Eucharist just as using chocolate instead of bread would.

6817900ef2ee34b87633a16261cf71af.jpg

Meaning that in all of those Christian traditions, the "cup" that is consecrated by the priest as the Holy Eucharist, (also called Holy Communion, Lord's Supper.), must be fermented alcoholic wine. The use of un-fermented grape juice would invalidate it as Eucharist just as using chocolate instead of bread would.

View attachment 116447

Is it strictly red wine or both red/white wine are used.

@Indrani.. All Christians and Christian communities are bad.. Jesus is sinner... Are you happy.. those who fallows Indian heritage like caste, Dowry, killing wife along with dead husband, untouchable culture are good... Very nice attitude you got.. Can i give you my uncle contact info.. He works in IB... So you can scan all Christians in this site..

There @danger007. That is your religion. You are not saved by being good. Only by accepting Grace of Christ.

Well there are different level of drinkers. For those who feel wine is too mild for them, it could not be alcohol enough. But that is not how it is viewed by other who are non-drinkers.
Yup that is my religion.. We don't pray to idols.. We don't have untouchables rule... We allow every one into church.. Unlike some who don't allow dalits into temple..

@Indrani.. All Christians and Christian communities are bad.. Jesus is sinner... Are you happy.. those who fallows Indian heritage like caste, Dowry, killing wife along with dead husband, untouchable culture are good... Very nice attitude you got.. Can i give you my uncle contact info.. He works in IB... So you can scan all Christians in this site..

Kerala Christians take bigger dowries than Hindus. So do not get uppity on me. Killing wives for insurances are prevalent in a lot of societies and is to be attributed to greed and not religion. Otherwise point out to me where Hindu scriptures say you must burn wife on the husband's pyre. Christians were the biggest practitioners of slavery and racism all over the world which is condoned by your bible. Untouchability on the other hand was corruption of Hindu law and and is not scripturally sanctioned.

I said many churches are under the scanner, not all. Why should I get your uncle's number, you yourself can speak to him and do the needful.

Yup that is my religion.. We don't pray to idols.. We don't have untouchables rule... We allow every one into church.. Unlike some who don't allow dalits into temple..

LOL. Yeah that is where there are Dalit churches and upper caste churches in Tamil Nadu. That is why there are black churches and white churches in USA.

Right, but to expand on that, we will by God's grace, lead lives that are good, in that cooperation. We Christians say we are born again through batpism, i.e., we die to ourselves and are re-born in Christ. To be a saint, is to be Christ-like.

holy-father-embrace1.jpg

Pope Francis kissing a leper.

Kerala Christians take bigger dowries than Hindus. So do not get uppity on me. Killing wives for insurances are prevalent in a lot of societies and is to be attributed to greed and not religion. Otherwise point out to me where Hindu scriptures say you must burn wife on the husband's pyre. Christians were the biggest practitioners of slavery and racism all over the world which is condoned by your bible. Untouchability on the other hand was corruption of Hindu law and and is not scripturally sanctioned.

I said many churches are under the scanner, not all. Why should I get your uncle's number, you yourself can speak to him and do the needful.

LOL. Yeah that is where there are Dalit churches and upper caste churches in Tamil Nadu. That is why there are black churches and white churches in USA.
Your world is evolving around kerala and TN.. Really? Dowry exist only in India way before British entered here... There is no such thing called dalits churches... Are you member of RSS or shivsena... I never seen this much hatred lol..

Your world is evolving around kerala and TN.. Really? Dowry exist only in India way before British entered here... There is no such thing called dalits churches... Are you member of RSS or shivsena... I never seen this much hatred lol..

There are more Christians in South than North. Also because of my familiarity with the region. You talk as if Kerala and TN Christians are not Christians. So those 1.7 billion Christians who thinking wine is necessary are not Christians according to you and TN and Kerala Christians are not Christians according to you. In Goa all Christians drink, so even they are not Christians per you. So apart from yourself is there any Christian left in the world?

Anyone who counters you with facts and figures is a hater. Why do you not see the hate the missionaries are spreading?

Right, but to expand on that, we will by God's grace, lead lives that are good, in that cooperation. We Christians say we are born again through batpism, i.e., we die to ourselves and are re-born in Christ. To be a saint, is to be Christ-like.

6a94514abc60f237117b6db63dd98bd2.jpg

Pope Francis kissing a leper.

The Church right from its inception has been involved in anything but good given its history which I am sure you are familiar with. Also morality does not rest in religion or god. It is independent of both. That photo of Pope Francis kissing a leper is no biggie. There are scores of people and saints from all religions who do that all the time.

Last edited:
There are more Christians in South than North. Also because of my familiarity with the region. You talk as if Kerala and TN Christians are not Christians. So those 1.7 billion Christians who thinking wine is necessary are not Christians according to you and TN and Kerala Christians are not Christians according to you. In Goa all Christians drink, so even they are not Christians per you. So apart from yourself is there any Christian left in the world?

Anyone who counters you with facts and figures is a hater. Why do you not see the hate the missionaries are spreading?
In goa most of people consume alcohol not just Christians... You are talking like only Christians drink and Hindus don't.. Lot of Andhra economy comes from alcohol sales etc.. Don't say it comes from Christians only..

In goa most of people consume alcohol not just Christians... You are talking like only Christians drink and Hindus don't.. Lot of Andhra economy comes from alcohol sales etc.. Don't say it comes from Christians only..

I talked about scriptural sanction for booze. There is a reason why Christian countries are the biggest consumers of alcohol.

WHO-map.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom