What's new

Christian Conversions in India - A film by Pia Skov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked about scriptural sanction for booze. There is a reason why Christian countries are the biggest consumers of alcohol.

ba6518924df611c3db591be444bfa737.jpg

It has more to do with survival in the cold climate.

Lol she is talking like only Christian countries drink...

I don't endorse to her views but I only feel the criticism shouldn't be confined to just groups associated with religion of the majority(Hinduism).

Lol she is talking like only Christian countries drink...

LOL. From true Chrisitans do not drink and it is a misguidance of rogue elements to everyone drinks. What a come down.

Also note the alcoholism level of Hindu majority India to Christian countries.

See the range of the shade.

All of it very high only differed by income disparity. Exception to income disparity is Russia.

Right. Brazil is such a cold country as well as Australia too. Spain and Portugal of course.

Food culture develop out of environment one community survived and they take the same culture when moving to other location. But Alcoholism is mainly related to cold climate and food preservation due to smaller crop season, so they made their produce into alcohol to preserve it for larger time. They have similar customs with preservation of meat.

Food culture develop out of environment one community survived and they take the same culture when moving to other location. But Alcoholism is mainly related to cold climate and food preservation due to smaller crop season, so they made their produce into alcohol to preserve it for larger time. They have similar customs with preservation of meat.

Hmm, good analysis but that is how religions develop and those cultural elements born of those geographical features are what go on to make up religious ethos. Hence Christianity is in big favor of booze. Islamic sharia prefers mutilation and beheading over imprisonment (no stones or timber strong enough to build prisons).

LOL. From true Chrisitans do not drink and it is a misguidance of rogue elements to everyone drinks. What a come down.

Also note the alcoholism level of Hindu majority India to Christian countries.

All of it very high only differed by income disparity. Exception to income disparity is Russia.
Why are you laughing... Huh.. You need medications.. Calm down.. You said Jesus consumed wine(Alcohol).. So I replied not necessarily alcohol, it is grape juice... I don't need to come down to your level.. To insult and spit venom on another religions.. I told you right.. CHRISTIANITY IS EVIL. CHRISTIANS ARE BAD. JESUS IS SINNER... .... Only Indrani and her family is gud.. . anything you want... Look at the way you think about others..

Last edited:
Why worry about your neighbor.... what they eat and drink.... first set your own house in order then you can worry about your neighbor!

Hmm, good analysis but that is how religions develop and those cultural elements born of those geographical features are what go on to make up religious ethos. Hence Christianity is in big favor of booze. Islamic sharia prefers mutilation and beheading over imprisonment (no stones or timber strong enough to build prisons).
And the people who eat human bodies? Aghoras?

The Church right from its inception has been involved in anything but good given its history which I am sure you are familiar with.
"Anything but good"? No, neither I nor any balanced history would be familiar with that. I think it does show that you are unfamiliar with Christian history of her saints, of her great love for God and for our neighbours, that is as much a part of history as those within her, from popes to parishioners, who are mere men and therefore sinners all and capable of evil. As we Christians say,

"The Church is not a museum for saints but a hospital for sinners"

f33c04d516d6a8aa7fa55d6caccbdc94.jpg

Confession of sins.

"Anything but good"? No, neither I nor any balanced history would be familiar with that. I think it does show that you are unfamiliar with Christian history of her saints, of her great love for God and for our neighbours, that is as much a part of history as those within her, from popes to parishioners, who are mere men and therefore sinners all and capable of evil. As we Christians say,

"The Church is not a museum for saints but a hospital for sinners"

View attachment 116558
Confession of sins.

Yeah right. How much good it did for humanity is documented in this link here. Surprised you are so ignorant. The more a Christian loves God and his neighbors, the more sin he commits I suppose.

Killings for Christianity

And the people who eat human bodies? Aghoras?

Aghoras are a very tiny community, practitioners of tantra. They do not harm or kill anyone. They are what one can call spiritual scientists exploring a realm unknown to the main stream society. They aim to transcend the illusion of life to reach god and hence for them the distinction of pure and profane does not exist.

Right. Brazil is such a cold country as well as Australia too. Spain and Portugal of course.
It has to do more with climate ..liquor/ hot meat items/cigars helps us to resist from cold and freezing temperatures...But....
Increasing Alcoholism is a serious menace in India especially in all southern states including your Karnataka..We could see so many bar and liquor outlets in each and every corner of Karnataka including Bangalore city..Do you think all those who are going to drink there are Christians??
Christians are only around 3% in Karnataka..

Why are you laughing... Huh.. You need medications.. Calm down.. You said Jesus consumed wine(Alcohol).. So I replied not necessarily alcohol, it is grape juice... I don't need to come down to your level.. To insult and spit venom on another religions.. I told you right.. CHRISTIANITY IS EVIL. CHRISTIANS ARE BAD. JESUS IS SINNER... .... Only Indrani and her family is gud.. . anything you want... Look at the way you think about others..

What kind of Christian are you that you do not know your Bible? Jesus drank wine and that is what is written and that is what is historically true. Other Christians have also backed me up on this.

It has to do more with climate ..liquor/ hot meat items/cigars helps us to resist from cold and freezing temperatures...But....
Increasing Alcoholism is a serious menace in India especially in all southern states including your Karnataka..We could see so many bar and liquor outlets in each and every corner of Karnataka including Bangalore city..Do you think all those who are going to drink there are Christians??
Christians are only around 3% in Karnataka..

Aare baba where did I say only Christians drink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom