What's new

Chinese Satellite Fleet Grows, And Grows

Chinese will be sitting on the Russian Laps onboard the Phobos-Grunt Mission.

This means Chinese have no capbility to reach to Mars.

Whereas India has stated it will reach on its own in 2015.

@qwerrty,
Russia ,US and EU have been the seniors in Space Commercial Launches yet Its India which has the Cheapest Launcher in The World.

Late.. True, but we have Really Capable System and The proof is the confidance that others have shown in our launch systems. Belgium,Germany,Israel to name a few...

@hafizz,
I only explained the relevance of 'india news source'

Now dont talk on 'emotioal' grounds, Talk on tecnhical Grounds.

If u say China has 'hidden' technologies the same can be said even about India. No Point.

Talk about what we know. If China can see better that .8 meter Resolution its ahead of India, else you Have to admit India is on Top. Of China.. In Spy Sats atleast.

Have you ever heard of the US sanction that restrict any satellite with US part from being launched by China?
secondly, I think YaoGan-7 has a resolution of 0.6 metre. BTW, China does not have spy satellite, all we have is remote sensing satellite for scientific research, environmental and climate management.

Chinese will be sitting on the Russian Laps onboard the Phobos-Grunt Mission.

This means Chinese have no capbility to reach to Mars.

Whereas India has stated it will reach on its own in 2015.

we still use indigenous satellite. moreover, china will have LM-5 by 2014 at the latest which will allow us to send satellite and rovers to mars by ourself. I doubt that GSLV-3 is enough to reach Mars since its capacity is only similar to LM-3. Moreover, I thought Viking is an european engine, am I wrong?

needs more then this.

I remember i have read that in nasaspaceflight forum but couldn't find the post nor any official post with information on the resolution of any yaogan satellite. Indian cartosat-2 might be higher in resolution since it uses a french or isreali camera with german optical lense. china on the other hand is under sanction from such sensitive technology.

Last edited:
I remember i have read that in nasaspaceflight forum but couldn't find the post i couldn't find any official post with information on the resolution of any yaogan satellite. Indian cartosat-2 might be higher in resolution since it uses a french or isreali camera with german optical lense. china on the other hand is under sanction from such sensitive technology.

later found this from sinodefence.
Quote:
Electro-Optical Digital Imaging Variant

Chinese media briefly reported on 25 May 2007 that the ChangZheng family of space launch vehicles had successfully conducted its 99th flight, sending two satellites into space. The CZ-2D launch vehicle, which was launched from Jiuquan at 15:12 local time (07:12 GMT) on 25 May 2007, carried the YaoGan WeiXing 2 (Remote Sensing Satellite 2, RSS2) designed by China Academy of Space Technology (CAST, also known as 5th Space Academy), as well as a pico-satellite designed by Zhejiang University for scientific experiment.

It is understood that the satellite was actually a new-generation digital imaging reconnaissance satellite known as JianBing 6 in its military designation. It replaced the older FSW-4 film return type reconnaissance satellites to provide imagery intelligence capability for both military and civil users, with an estimated ground resolution of 0.6~1 metre. A second satellite Yaogan Weixing 4 (RSS-4/Jianbing 8) was launched from Jiuquan on 1 December 2008.

full link:http://www.sinodefence.com/space/spacecraf/yaogan.asp

currently, china is planning to launch yaogan-10. even if yaogan-4,6,7 only have a similar resolution to yaogan-2 (0.6m-1m), the resolution is still similar to cartosat-2 with 0.8m of resolution. (note:yaogan-1,3,5 uses sar imaging, the remote sensing method of yaogan-8 is still not public. yaogan-9 is noss type remote sensing satellite.)

Last edited:
later found this from sinodefence.
Quote:
Electro-Optical Digital Imaging Variant

Chinese media briefly reported on 25 May 2007 that the ChangZheng family of space launch vehicles had successfully conducted its 99th flight, sending two satellites into space. The CZ-2D launch vehicle, which was launched from Jiuquan at 15:12 local time (07:12 GMT) on 25 May 2007, carried the YaoGan WeiXing 2 (Remote Sensing Satellite 2, RSS2) designed by China Academy of Space Technology (CAST, also known as 5th Space Academy), as well as a pico-satellite designed by Zhejiang University for scientific experiment.

It is understood that the satellite was actually a new-generation digital imaging reconnaissance satellite known as JianBing 6 in its military designation. It replaced the older FSW-4 film return type reconnaissance satellites to provide imagery intelligence capability for both military and civil users, with an estimated ground resolution of 0.6~1 metre. A second satellite Yaogan Weixing 4 (RSS-4/Jianbing 8) was launched from Jiuquan on 1 December 2008.

full link:http://www.sinodefence.com/space/spacecraf/yaogan.asp

currently, china is planning to launch yaogan-10. even if yaogan-4,6,7 only have a similar resolution to yaogan-2, the resolution still similar to cartosat-2 with 0.6~1 metre. (note:yaogan-1,3,5 uses sar imaging, the remote sensing method of yaogan-8 is still not public. yaogan-9 is noss type remote sensing satellite.)

buddy post source, which is missing. its just a blog entry.

Last edited:

Blog? do you even know sinodefence is a creditable source regarding China defence, their source were even presented to the US congress as evidential source. One of their moderator is a well known defence expert invited to testify in US congress.:azn:
Go google "sinodefence" to clear your speculation.:pop:

even if india do no disclose the resolution of cartosat-2, such information can still be obtained from the foreign companies that built the camera and lense. on the other hand, china has chosen not to disclose such information. the public cannot obtain the information from the chinese companies because of government restriction. actually, all information about chinese weapons not for export (ballistic missiles, nuclear submarine and warhead, etc...) are at most conjectures after monitoring the weapons or from CIA source.

one point to take note, sinodefence a uk based, so the source could be mi5, you can ask the CIA for confirmation.

Last edited:
chinese millitary satellites are classified just like all other mil sats in other countries. they don't make em for bragging pissing contest, unlike some country.

to get an idea of their capacities you just need to look at their civilian remote sensing sats whch has infos available.

cbers-2b, launcehed 4 years ago has a 2.36 m resolution @ 27km swath. that's for an optical saellite..

cbers-2b
*ttp://www.lmars.whu.edu.cn/manage/editor/UploadFile/20081110131350151.pdf
cb5bq2.jpg

SAR satellite..

HJ-1 sats for environmental and disaster monitoring..

hj-1c
resolution 5m(1 look) @ 100 km swath

*ttp://www.lmars.whu.edu.cn/manage/editor/UploadFile/20081110131350151.pdf
12060612bn3.jpg

97750942wj8.jpg

62946189ix0.jpg

it's so obvious that military version of these are much much better specs..:rolleyes:

Strange how this conversations turned into a India vs China thread. Anyway always better to be underestimated then overestimated, if they feel that the chinese sats are junk so be it then.

Blog? do you even know sinodefence is a creditable source regarding China defence, their source were even presented to the US congress as evidential source. One of their moderator is a well known defence expert invited to testify in US congress.:azn:
Go google "sinodefence" to clear your speculation.:pop:
buddy cant trust it. Where is the original source of the information. All the article contains is world like "it looks" etc

buddy cant trust it. Where is the original source of the information. All the article contains is world like "it looks" etc

You don't need to believe it, as before you believe that Agni II is much more advanced DF series missiles.

However there is something I want to point out.
1.Does India has better industrial infrastructure related to space program such as electronics, optics and etc than China?

2.Does India has better science and engineering research facilities such as those fields mentioned above related to space program than China?

3.Does India has more experiences in space program than China?

4.Does India has people like Qian Xuesen to help India's space program and establish not only necessary hard infrastructure but also soft as human infrastructure (talents). Qian also invented Engineering cybernetics which is critical in many engineering fields besides aerospace. Here I am not saying that Dr. Vikram Sarabhai was not an excellent expert in space engineering, but his achievements could not match what Qian Xuesen had.

5.Does India has a more efficient and dedicated government that can locate resources towards space program better than China?

6.Does India has a bigger government budget that can dedicate more fundings towards space program than China?

So if people still believe that India is more advanced than China in these fields, then I don't think that there is such point of arguing here. In fields of science and engineering, there is no shortcuts and miracles,
nation has to achieve success step by step even with foreign assistant.

You don't need to believe it, as before you believe that Agni II is much more advanced DF series missiles.

However there is something I want to point out.
1.Does India has better industrial infrastructure related to space program such as electronics, optics and etc than China?

2.Does India has better science and engineering research facilities such as those fields mentioned above related to space program than China?

3.Does India has more experiences in space program than China?

4.Does India has people like Qian Xuesen to help India's space program and establish not only necessary hard infrastructure but also soft as human infrastructure (talents). Qian also invented Engineering cybernetics which is critical in many engineering fields besides aerospace. Here I am not saying that Dr. Vikram Sarabhai was not an excellent expert in space engineering, but his achievements could not match what Qian Xuesen had.

5.Does India has a more efficient and dedicated government that can locate resources towards space program better than China?

6.Does India has a bigger government budget that can dedicate more fundings towards space program than China?

So if people still believe that India is more advanced than China in these fields, then I don't think that there is such point of arguing here. In fields of science and engineering, there is no shortcuts and miracles,
nation has to achieve success step by step even with foreign assistant.

appreciate your patience to argue with uneducated kids

Why do Indian members feel so threatened by chinese progress that they feel a need to explain it away?

I can tell you now if Chinese achievements make you uncomfortable, you are in for a rough time this century.

1.See the 2nd post,you"ll know who invited nationalist Indians here.

2.No,Chinese achievements don't make us uncomfortable,but yes we are concerned about it to some extent(especially when it has military implications) as there is a propensity of transfer of this technology to Pakistan i.e that it may indirectly impact us. :cool:

Anyway,Congratulations China,well done :china: :tup:

Back
Top Bottom