What's new

Chinese Satellite Fleet Grows, And Grows

Arguments for or against the comparative edge in China vs India space technology are bound to lead to nowhere. Minds are already made up and nothing is going to change them. People tend to believe what they want to believe. Our Indian members obviously believe India has better rockets and satellites. I don't have any problem with it. China's frame of reference isn't exactly India to begin with. It is the US. In that regard, China still has a lot of catching up to do.

<Arguments for or against the comparative edge in China vs India space technology are bound to lead to nowhere.>

Not just space technology.

Why bother to engage in useless discussions with the Indians who live in fantasy? If you do you're the one who is stupid not them. Let them live in fantasy.

Why live in fantasy?
Sometimes it's an escape, other times it's the fact that reality appears too harsh so they hide in their secret little place (fantasy world) and the longer they stay there ; the harder it is to bring them out of it.

Some people feel frightened of reality. It may be they feel under valued, unaccepted, been hurt in the past, feel awkward with their body/feelings/education or lack of.

@ chintu

Why are you posting this here in the china section? I have to say some parts of your post are quite offensive to Muslims and I'm not surprised you got banned so many times.

@ chintu

Why are you posting this here in the china section? I have to say some parts of your post are quite offensive to Muslims and I'm not surprised you got banned so many times.

He is spamming this everywhere, it is going to be deleted anyways, so just ignore him.

8. Pakistanis are obsessed with the Saudis and Turks. Have these nations stood along with you even once in times of need?? You talk about Chinese as your best mate. China is a shrewd country, it is only using you. You people are so blinded by these short term benefits that it is harming you in longer run. If Saudis are the leaders of islam then why don’t they lead the Islamic world in so called “holy war” ?? Why do they give charity to terror organisations and let poor and ignorant muslims die in this “holy war” and they themselves live comfortably in their cosy homes.

What do you mean China is not a good ally? CHINA HAS NEVER ABANDONED AN ALLY, not once. We did not abandon North Korea, China gives North Korea 90% of their food no strings attached. China did not back down from an allied coalition of the strongest world powers to defend North korea.

China fought side by side with korea to defend from Japanese imperialism.

China fought side by side with Vietnam against French aggression for 100 years till Vietnam gain her independence.

We went to war against Vietnam to protect Cambodia.

We did not abandon our allies in IRAN

Turkey, China help Iran on fuel supplies after "US bite" [ WORLD BULLETIN- TURKEY NEWS, WORLD NEWS ]

Turkey, China help Iran on fuel supplies after "US bite"

You know nothing about China or the chinese people.

<I think YaoGan-7 has a resolution of 0.6 metre.>

Why bother with YaoGan-7? Read below for the new ones.

New Launch: 2010 March 5, 0455 UTC
Site: Jiuquan Space Center, PRC
Launcher: Long March 4C (Chang Zheng 4C)
International Designator(s): 2010-009A, 2010-009B, 2010-009C

SSC Name Owner
36413 YAOGAN 9A PRC
36414 YAOGAN 9B PRC
36415 YAOGAN 9C PRC

China successfully launched another Earth observation satellite from the Jiuquan space base Friday, according to state-run media outlets.

The Yaogan 9 spacecraft blasted off from Jiuquan on a Long March 4C rocket at 0455 GMT (11:55 p.m. EST Thursday), or 12:55 p.m. local time. The three-stage rocket successfully delivered the secret payload to orbit, the state-owned Xinhua news agency reported.

The Jiuquan launch site is located in the Gobi desert near the border between China&#8217;s Gansu and Inner Mongolia provinces. Jiuquan has hosted the launches of all three Chinese human spaceflights to date.

Yaogan 9 is the newest member of a series of satellites believed to harbor optical and radar military reconnaissance capabilities.

<I think YaoGan-7 has a resolution of 0.6 metre.>

Why bother with YaoGan-7? Read below for the new ones.

New Launch: 2010 March 5, 0455 UTC
Site: Jiuquan Space Center, PRC
Launcher: Long March 4C (Chang Zheng 4C)
International Designator(s): 2010-009A, 2010-009B, 2010-009C

SSC Name Owner
36413 YAOGAN 9A PRC
36414 YAOGAN 9B PRC
36415 YAOGAN 9C PRC

China successfully launched another Earth observation satellite from the Jiuquan space base Friday, according to state-run media outlets.

The Yaogan 9 spacecraft blasted off from Jiuquan on a Long March 4C rocket at 0455 GMT (11:55 p.m. EST Thursday), or 12:55 p.m. local time. The three-stage rocket successfully delivered the secret payload to orbit, the state-owned Xinhua news agency reported.

The Jiuquan launch site is located in the Gobi desert near the border between China’s Gansu and Inner Mongolia provinces. Jiuquan has hosted the launches of all three Chinese human spaceflights to date.

Yaogan 9 is the newest member of a series of satellites believed to harbor optical and radar military reconnaissance capabilities.

Yaogan 9 is so much alike the US naval spy satellite "NOSS", so it is most likely to be used at monitors ships. Since there is no information on the imaging device used on Yaogan-8, Yaogan-7 is probably the most advanced electro-optical remote sensing satellite.

You don't need to believe it, as before you believe that Agni II is much more advanced DF series missiles.

However there is something I want to point out.
1.Does India has better industrial infrastructure related to space program such as electronics, optics and etc than China?

2.Does India has better science and engineering research facilities such as those fields mentioned above related to space program than China?

3.Does India has more experiences in space program than China?

4.Does India has people like Qian Xuesen to help India's space program and establish not only necessary hard infrastructure but also soft as human infrastructure (talents). Qian also invented Engineering cybernetics which is critical in many engineering fields besides aerospace. Here I am not saying that Dr. Vikram Sarabhai was not an excellent expert in space engineering, but his achievements could not match what Qian Xuesen had.

5.Does India has a more efficient and dedicated government that can locate resources towards space program better than China?

6.Does India has a bigger government budget that can dedicate more fundings towards space program than China?

So if people still believe that India is more advanced than China in these fields, then I don't think that there is such point of arguing here. In fields of science and engineering, there is no shortcuts and miracles,
nation has to achieve success step by step even with foreign assistant.

bro i asked for a source. if u have it fine. or else you can simply say there is no source.

What do you mean China is not a good ally? CHINA HAS NEVER ABANDONED AN ALLY, not once. We did not abandon North Korea, China gives North Korea 90% of their food no strings attached. China did not back down from an allied coalition of the strongest world powers to defend North korea.

China fought side by side with korea to defend from Japanese imperialism.

China fought side by side with Vietnam against French aggression for 100 years till Vietnam gain her independence.

We went to war against Vietnam to protect Cambodia.

We did not abandon our allies in IRAN

Turkey, China help Iran on fuel supplies after "US bite" [ WORLD BULLETIN- TURKEY NEWS, WORLD NEWS ]

Turkey, China help Iran on fuel supplies after "US bite"

You know nothing about China or the chinese people.

Bro...dont worry about this guy named Chintu, cuz he works for the enemies of PAK/China...Our enemy is jealous from our everlasting friendship/brotherhood comprising of last 5000years
:sniper::cheers:
:china::pakistan:

i am visiting the thread after two days,still i am unable to find any credible source which states China had got a much better resolution then Indian satellites

All i found is 'i think','u think' like of statements and some chinese blog quated as source,no neutral source available

and for the worst rather than explaining Chinese trollers were indulged in usual business of taking shots at Indian's

In between cartosat does not use israeli sar(resolution between 0.6 to 0.8),the one u people r telling is Risat-2,which is a dedicated military satellite

the third in the cartosat series is planned to b launched in the mid 2010 is planned to b launched with a resolution of .25 meter,but unfortunately no source to back it,so if still no Chinese r ready to provide any authentic information also take this for granted:lol:

about cartosat 2b,if some one want reliable information,as u have a habbit of asking source for any achievement of India,leave a message i will back with 100's of Indian and foreign source

i am visiting the thread after two days,still i am unable to find any credible source which states China had got a much better resolution then Indian satellites

All i found is 'i think','u think' like of statements and some chinese blog quated as source,no neutral source available

and for the worst rather than explaining Chinese trollers were indulged in usual business of taking shots at Indian's

In between cartosat does not use israeli sar(resolution between 0.6 to 0.8),the one u people r telling is Risat-2,which is a dedicated military satellite

the third in the cartosat series is planned to b launched in the mid 2010 is planned to b launched with a resolution of .25 meter,but unfortunately no source to back it,so if still no Chinese r ready to provide any authentic information also take this for granted:lol:

about cartosat 2b,if some one want reliable information,as u have a habbit of asking source for any achievement of India,leave a message i will back with 100's of Indian and foreign source

Sinodefence is a british based firm owned and operated by british. It is probably one of the most neutral foreign source out there. If you want to read china bashing articles, I suggest that you go to canwa of indian defence forum. If you want to read exaggeration of chinese capability to support the theory of china threat, you can go read stuff by richard fisher.
Yaogan-2 and cartosat-2 are launched in the same year. after that, we have already launched three more satellite of the same mechanism. and India is still preparing to launch cartosat-3.
If you suggest cartosat-2 is completely indian with no foreign technology, then why couldn't china launch a satellite of similar capability in the same period of time. after all, neither india nor china hold high ground in optic sensing technology. look at your camera, if it is no japanese, then it is probably german or american.

Last edited:

You just don't get it, do you? There is no point of arguing about what the Chinese spy satellite's resolution is, because you will not be able to find it from an official source. If you think India has a better spy satellite, it is all up to you. No one here is going to convince you otherwise. However if today there is a official source saying that China has a spy satellite better than US, most people still will not believe it at all based on the criteria I mentioned in my other post.

Last edited:
this is not the yaogan sats, but some people should get some clue..

AIR WAR COLLEGE
AIR UNIVERSITY
CHINESE SPACE SUPERIORITY?
CHINA&#8217;S MILITARY SPACE CAPABILITIES AND THE IMPACT
OF THEIR USE IN A TAIWAN CONFLICT
By
Steven A. Smith, Lt Col, USAF

*ttp://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/awc/smith.pdf

fsw3.jpg

fsw3b.jpg

You just don't get it, do you? There is no point of arguing about what the Chinese spy satellite's resolution is, because you will not be able to find it from an official source.

thats it i got my answer,u have no source to back it

If you think India has a better spy satellite, it is all up to you. No one here is going to convince you otherwise.

for the first part ya we definitely think we have a better one and about convincing nothing is here for granted my friend,this will b like myself saying India have a military base on mars,take otherwise i am not going to convince u as i and every other Indian know though our govt had kept it as a secret:what:

However if today there is a official source saying that China has a spy satellite better than US, most people still will not believe it at all based on the criteria I mentioned in my other post.

bring it then,i am ready to take ur words,but not just words,as most of the chinese r doing here

Back
Top Bottom