Chinese replica of Austrian village unveiled

A1Kaid

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
China's Replica of Austrian UNESCO Village Opens Amidst Controversy - YouTube

5 June 2012 Last updated at 03:43 ET Help

The Alpine village of Hallstatt in the Austrian Alps has been recreated in the southern Chinese province of Guangdong

Hallstatt is a major tourist attraction and a Unesco World Heritage Site.

Bethany Bell reports. - BBC news

BBC News - Chinese replica of Austrian village unveiled

Austrian PM flew into China to usher in the new replica town. Pretty interesting for tourism.

It will be unfair to Chinese if we treat this just as a tourism gimmick.

It is much more than just copying a European thing or two.

This in fact is the unstoppable desire of Chinese people to copy everything European while still retaining uniquely Chinese characteristics of being humble, hardworking, and tolerant.

And guess what? That's the winning combination for the Chinese nation. Our hats off to them.

Thanks for sharing.

peace

p.s. Since this is a Pakistani forum, so I'll add a bit to contrast what us Pakistanis have been doing for the last few decades vs. what Chinese are doing.

We in the last many decades have been copying Arab tribal culture of 19th 20th century, and guess what it has turned our beautiful country into a lawless poor oil-less Arab or African country like Yemen, Somalia, or Sierra Leon.

While Chinese have picked European and Americans as their role model and guess what, they are becoming by the day more prosperous and enlightened and educated just like European.

so Chinese are European fanboys.. WHITE POWER!!!

btw a European Village few kilometers from Mumbai

Lavasa.jpg

Pathetic try to start another China-India flame war?

Somethings seriously wrong with your post Sir.

peace

there is nothing wrong in being an admirer of a culture sir. unless that culture preaches wrong things like ... mm i don't wanna give examples.

Copying architectural style is one thing but copying the whole village is against the copyright rules of Builder/Architect and need to stop. Chinese culture and architecture itself is so beautiful then why they need to do so?

Chinese have to understand that the reason why they are not getting their due respect in world is due to "Copy acts". You are grown up as power and you must stop these acts.

Copying architectural style is one thing but copying the whole village is against the copyright rules of Builder/Architect and need to stop. Chinese culture and architecture itself is so beautiful then why they need to do so?

Chinese have to understand that the reason why they are not getting their due respect in world is due to "Copy acts". You are grown up as power and you must stop these acts.

buddy US has also copied Pyramids , Venice and all, Dubai has copied Taj Mahal... there is nothing wrong about it.

buddy US has also copied Pyramids , Venice and all, Dubai has copied Taj Mahal... there is nothing wrong about it.

US does have prototype and not Actual pyramids or Venice of the same size. Dubai is not making exact replica of Taj Mahal. If Austrian village will be a tourist place and just promotion of Austrian culture then I would not have objection as that happens everywhere but copying whole village lacks originality and sort of insult to original.

as a hardcore mercantilist, i welcome it. by copying all these, we can divert all tourists otherwise europe-bound to places in china where their spending can be kept within chinese borders. and if there were to be a replica of taj mahal, would it be good for indian image among chinese tourists as well? chinese tourists could go to the chinese taj mahal without actually going to the shyt-hole that is india and being disappointed that taj mahal was situated among the all-around shyttiness that is india! this will offer a sanitized version of all india's attractions and dramatically boost india's prestige among chinese populace!

What the hack! it is just one out of tens of thousands of Chinese cities and towns. I can live with it; just for a change or take it as an Austrian franchise version like the American Disneyland! Also the spokeswoman and the Austrian PM have endorsed the idea!

Just keep the place as good as it is.

As long we don't get to see too many of these replicas in China that's okay with me.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom