What's new

Xeroxed Village: Chinese Secretly Copy Austrian Town

Exactly right.

It was the British who united the independent kingdoms of the subcontinent into an entity called "British India", which was later split in half when the Muslims of the subcontinent did not want to be connected to the majority Hindus.

Modern India is the inheritor of this colonial legacy, and even today the most powerful politician in India is a white European.

If you don't know something, doesn't means that it doesn't exist.

India has very name which is used still today. Bharat, Hindustan are two name which we still use today more than India... India is more ever used by English literate. While Bharat and Hindustan is still used by all of us.

Coming to your hoof-poof British unification theory. Just look at Maratha empire of 18th Century (Just before Brits start taking control) 80% land mass of India was under control of Marathas (Maharastrian Hindus). Mughals and Muslims were cornered and localized to small area.

Even that time India exist (with the name Bharat/Hindustan). Even that time we had republic like structure (A communist will never understand Democracy).

So saying that India/Hindustan/Aryavart/Bharat is not existing entity and it born on 1947 is same as saying "Donkey are flying"

Buddhism is from Nepal. The original Buddha was a hindu prince. It is unknown whether this hindu prince looked more like Mongoloid Nepalis or like Caucasoid Nepali / indians.

How does it matter, The world recognize Hindustan as Buddism birth place.He got his knowledge in Bihar, which is very much in India. Can you be sure that Lumbani (Where he was born) waas not part of Hindustan when he was born????

I will give an analogy, Just because Indus valley get into pakistan, we can not disassociate its civilization from India...

What he is saying is correct. There were once many ancient hindu kingdoms in South Asia, but they were conquered by invaders from Central Asia. This brought about the Islamic-Hindu cultural mix that marked the height of classical india (i.e. Taj Mahal). There are no detailed records left by the ancient hindu kingdoms because they were all destroyed. Some indian forum member's claim about "Ashoka's empire" is purely fantasy with no historical evidence.

Compared to China, we have detailed historical narratives detailing all the dynasties up to the unification of China in 300BC and even before that! For example, we still have the original Confucious analects and he lived in Zhou Dynasty (~600 BC).

Very true, You are right. The Muslim Invaders (Whose focus was always to annihilate others culture) Destroyed all scrolls and books of Indian culture. Nalanda was one of the biggest University with biggest library in world. It is said that It burnt for 6 months. Imagine how many books It had...

You chinese shall be thankful to Gobi Desert,Himalyas and Indian that you were not Invaded by Mughals.
PS: Mongols (gengis khan) was cruel but there focus was not on destroying culture. We Indians are collecting our history in bits and pieces.

There is nothing wrong in copying European towns and villages. Chinese people will get see new type of architecture. It may be very refreshing experience for them to see new style (refreshing) compare to old China style or concrete and glass building.

If we talk economics, more jobs will be created due to construction, upkeep and tourism.

I'm all here to admire Chinese creativity (in certain way)!!:azn:

There are replicas of various landmarks from the world in Las Vegas. Does that mean the Americans are copy cats? No.

Yet another reason to hate Las Vegas... Not that I didn't have enough reasons already...

SOOOOOOOOOOOO America did too in Las Vegas, Why don't you btch about that? haan

How dare American/British lapdogs btch their masters?

Back to the topic. I love some of the Chinese copies but don't like the others. Some copies are really beautiful.

I want China to copy more foreign (non-Chinese) good stuffs and not bad stuffs. The more, the better!

How dare American/British lapdogs btch their masters?

Back to the topic. I love some of the Chinese copies but don't like the others. Some copies are really beautiful.

I want China to copy more foreign (non-Chinese) good stuffs and not bad stuffs. The more, the better!

you know China town USA does not mean it belongs to China...?

There was not a country named India in the past. Today's India is a combination of former british colonies.

history of many countries starts just before few thousand years....if you go deep you will find that all countries that exist today were kingdoms thousands years ago fighting with each other..i agree that there was no india but there was a vedic country called as aryavart(most of india and pakistan was in aryavart) and there was another vedic country called as aryana(current afghanistan) and this was thousands(may be more than 8000 years old) years ago...later vedic dharma got influenced by other local religion and todays hinduism came into being..

but unified bharatvarsh has been dream since a long long time ago...chankya might be the first one to think about it...this is how things happen kingdoms unite to form a country later they might become kingdoms again and again they might unite to be a country..this has been going on since years unknown.

Are you constantly debating yourself like that?

Are you perpetually confusing yourself as such?

:lol:

Gee, better go and find yourself a medical solution now.

so... you do think China Town USA means its china's sovereign ground. ah! NOW it makes sense... you constant anti US meme :P

Buddhism is from Nepal. The original Buddha was a hindu prince. It is unknown whether this hindu prince looked more like Mongoloid Nepalis or like Caucasoid Nepali / indians.

What he is saying is correct.

The depth of ignorance about Indian history never fails to astonish me. At least when it comes to Chinese history, those of us who comment take care to read up on the salient features of the topic in question before making the comment. In sharp contrast, as in the kind of sweeping and wholly wrong generalisations that we see here, from somebody who has been around and has a number of posts to his credit, is sad to see. Naked, false propaganda is one thing; sheer ignorance is another. This is unfortunately an example of ignorance.

There were once many ancient hindu kingdoms in South Asia, but they were conquered by invaders from Central Asia.

Something like: There were once some poor countries in a continent called Europe, and then they went through the Industrial Revolution and began to rule the world.

Quite.

We can call this History in a Hurry, and patent it, perhaps.

This is a compression of approximately 2,100 years of history into one brilliant statement. What an achievement. Some teacher somewhere must be bursting with pride at having produced scholarship of this calibre. It covers, according to a vulgar account readily accessible to every fool on the Internet, and therefore an appropriate citation for the occasion, the following:

Prehistoric India and Vedic India
Religions, Society, Mahajanapadas
Spread of Buddhism,
Mauryan Period,
Satavahana Empire,
Saka-Pallavas, Kushana and White Huns,
The Classical Age,
Gurjara-Pratihara,
Pala Empire,
Rashtrakuta Empire;

I have not even attempted to list the parallel history of south India, just to shorten it sufficiently to suit the attention span of those neo-literates attempting to grip Indian history in one sentence.

Incidentally for the benefit of those same neo-literates, the Bactrian Greeks were central Asian invaders, and so were those wandering tribes who brought in Indo-Aryan languages with them in around the second millennium BC.

So, too, were the Sakas, the descendants of eastern Iranian speaking Scythians of Greek and European legend, who were intermingled with the Pallavas, also from the same region around modern Tajikistan, extending through its surrounding CIS states, Kazakhstan, Kirghizstan, Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan, all the way across the steppes westwards into the Ukraine, and south into Azerbaijan.

And finally, the quintessential Kushana, the Moon Dynasty or Yueh-Chi, driven out of their homeland by Hiung Nu barbarians from the Chinese borderlands, who in turn drove the Saka-Pallavas into Afghanistan, to the region of Arachosia which was named Sakastan (modern Seistan) after them and into the north of India straddling two river complexes, the Indus and the Ganges.

All these were central Asian, none of these contributed to the airily indicated Islamic-Hindu cultural mix which our overnight scholar believes marked the height of classical India. Ignorance is acceptable; arrogant ignorance is something else again.

This brought about the Islamic-Hindu cultural mix that marked the height of classical india (i.e. Taj Mahal).

A striking display of ignorance, yet again, with no knowledge of the huge development of art, sculpture, architecture, and literature in this period. Why do I bother to try and set right this kind of clownish analysis?

There are no detailed records left by the ancient hindu kingdoms because they were all destroyed. Some indian forum member's claim about "Ashoka's empire" is purely fantasy with no historical evidence.

Yeah, right.

Those interested, not those jerks who think they know everything about everything, might try the Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan series; anyone REALLY interested could ask me for a detailed reading list, but be aware that this might spread over perhaps 30 or 40 books, not all of which may be readily available abroad.

Compared to China, we have detailed historical narratives detailing all the dynasties up to the unification of China in 300BC and even before that! For example, we still have the original Confucious analects and he lived in Zhou Dynasty (~600 BC).

I was not aware that history had become a competitive sport and would henceforth feature in the Olympic Games. This is exciting news.

Exactly right.

It was the British who united the independent kingdoms of the subcontinent into an entity called "British India", which was later split in half when the Muslims of the subcontinent did not want to be connected to the majority Hindus.

Modern India is the inheritor of this colonial legacy, and even today the most powerful politician in India is a white European.

What this latest masterly historical effort fails to bring out is that India has only recently been used as the name of a nation in south Asia, for the obvious reason that India was the term used by Greeks, and following them, the Europeans, for the region. The name was used in another form by other south Asians, in several ways: to refer to the geographical region, to refer to the cultural complex, and to refer to one of the northern languages. Thus, Hind, Hindu, Hindi. Unifying empires in this space were not rare, but they referred to themselves by Indian names, not by the names that Europeans and other south Asians used for them (you may find this easier to grasp if you ask yourself why the Innuit rarely called themselves Esquimaux in earlier years).

That hardly means that these powerful empires did not exist. They did, and left their mark; but unlike other parts of the world, these were not invasive nations, with one or two rare exceptions, and kept to themselves, and to what they conceived of as south Asia. That south Asia included much of Afghanistan and of central Asia to the north. At a certain point of time, an aggressive south Indian dynasty reached across the near seas into the south-east Asian mass and into the Indonesian archipelago, and the marks of that cultural exchange are indelibly on display even today.

I wish people would do some elementary reading before they print. I also wish people like Chinese Dragon would stop playing stupid patriotism games and stick to analysis and discussion. It is immature and thoroughly childish to do what they are doing.

What this latest masterly historical effort fails to bring out is that India has only recently been used as the name of a nation in south Asia, for the obvious reason that India was the term used by Greeks, and following them, the Europeans, for the region. The name was used in another form by other south Asians, in several ways: to refer to the geographical region, to refer to the cultural complex, and to refer to one of the northern languages. Thus, Hind, Hindu, Hindi. Unifying empires in this space were not rare, but they referred to themselves by Indian names, not by the names that Europeans and other south Asians used for them (you may find this easier to grasp if you ask yourself why the Innuit rarely called themselves Esquimaux in earlier years).

That hardly means that these powerful empires did not exist. They did, and left their mark; but unlike other parts of the world, these were not invasive nations, with one or two rare exceptions, and kept to themselves, and to what they conceived of as south Asia. That south Asia included much of Afghanistan and of central Asia to the north. At a certain point of time, an aggressive south Indian dynasty reached across the near seas into the south-east Asian mass and into the Indonesian archipelago, and the marks of that cultural exchange are indelibly on display even today.

I wish people would do some elementary reading before they print. I also wish people like Chinese Dragon would stop playing stupid patriotism games and stick to analysis and discussion. It is immature and thoroughly childish to do what they are doing.

Well there is no use for this much of lengthy explanation, in another two days some other poster with new id of Chinese hyper power or shower or whatever will come back and post the same statement which pleases Pakistani posters and attracts generous thanks from them, also teases Indians and attracts replies and a nice well cooked troll thread comes about for all.

As to CD he plays only the victim card and posts as much anti India posts as possible. One can call it Intelligent trolling, the same old posts with same old links about Indian economy problems, the link about world peace index and for new comers the copy paste of old posts where he has been called some racist word.

Back
Top Bottom