What's new

China's counterfeit of the world - Why China makes copies of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You benefit as much from western invention as they did from your ancient knowledge. Lot of your recent defence equipment rely on their invention.
Its not legal technicality, its immoral to sign and say I will respect and wont copy your ideas for some years to encourage new ideas.. but then copy it.
Unless its some real public necessity, you should keep your words.

Nowadays yes, which is fitting considering the past history. Though we are not using their own inventions to kill/enslave them like they did to us, and even to you. Just for economic development, not murderous overseas colonization and extermination of native populations (Native Americans, Australian aboriginals, etc).

As for copyright laws, we follow the copyright laws of China. If you want your IP to be protected then you need to file under our laws.

If you think there has been a violation under our laws, then bring it up and hope for some enforcement.

I can also claim every thing and every body who uses number '0' these days since we are the inventors of it and also other ancient Indian scientific things.

I am talking about the author and his explanation, which is not correct at all.

india invented the number zero my foot the only thing you guys invented as far as I know is the world biggest open air toilet:omghaha:

Indians did not invent the number zero, it was already being used by the Mesopotamians, who were the very first human civilization.

And this is how you write zero in Chinese:

zero.gif

Don't tell me you invented that as well.

there is a lot of thing China claims as theirs,just like martial art..but thats not right.actually,nobody knows who discovered which,sometimes,it is possible that same thing was invented around same time.so,please,don't drag this issue..but zero was credited to Indian,Mesopotamian and Egyptians scholars,not Chinese one.actually,Pingala (circa 5th–2nd century BC) used binary numbers in the form of short and long syllables (the latter equal in length to two short syllables), making it similar to Morse code.actually,that was not only proof of earliest use of zero than others,but also used for scientific research,unlike mesopotamian/Egyptian.chinese Sunzi Suanjing came few centuries later.

So it's not a question of right and wrong, it's just a question of legal technicalities (which may or may not be enforced depending where you are)?

The West stole our inventions, like firearms/explosives/compass etc. and used them to colonize and enslave half the world.

They used them on China and India too, with horrifying results.

As for any complaints about modern copyright infringement, I believe that IP laws should be respected, however even if not... at least we are not using their own inventions to kill and enslave the people who invented it.

I know the western thinking and what they did to Asia. But right now we Indians and Chinese are following Western systems of education, bussiness, life style and our thinking is also highly influenced by western ideologies.

There is no point in arguing about the copying the western inventions since we have huge populations to feed. But the author is trying to make a saint out of piracy, That I donot agree.

Indians did not invent the number zero, it was already being used by the Mesopotamians, who were the very first human civilization.

zero.gif

What!!!!!!!

Is this a new conspiracy theory and another Chinese pirated version of history ..... :lol:

Nowadays yes, which is fitting considering the past history. Though we are not using their own inventions to kill/enslave them like they did to us, and even to you. Just for economic development, not murderous overseas colonization.

As for copyright laws, we follow the copyright laws of China. If you want your IP to be protected then you need to file under our laws.

If you think there has been a violation under our laws, then bring it up and hope for some enforcement.
the days of killing or enslaving each other is almost over, now we are competing in economic and social arena... are chinese copyright laws different from international laws?
not copying other's idea for certain period to encourage original idea to come, is a recent phenomena, dont know why you keep going to past. There are many things which are not considered copying, available to everybody for free.
Knowledge should be free, but to encourage people to come up with new ideas, we need to allow them certain benefit for certain period.

india invented the number zero my foot the only thing you guys invented as far as I know is the world biggest open air toilet:omghaha:

Hey troll your post got reported ........ :lol:

you people are little less in logic I don't know how those IQ tests are rating you ..... :lol:

the days of killing or enslaving each other is almost over, now we are competing in economic and social arena... are chinese copyright laws different from international laws?
not copying other's idea for certain period to encourage original idea to come, is a recent phenomena, dont know why you keep going to past. There are many things which are not considered copying, available to everybody for free.
Knowledge should be free, but to encourage people to come up with new ideas, we need to allow them certain benefit for certain period.

Nowadays, we can pay for any tech transfer, we can pay to invest anywhere and buy any asset you can think of. Considering our currency reserves which are over $3.2 trillion, the largest in the world by far.

Here is the catch though. They won't sell, because they want to keep a monopoly.

So what do we do when we need the tech? The same thing you would do if you were trying to develop a new product (like a computer), you look at all your competitors in the market, emulate their successful features and cut out those features which have proved unsuccessful in those other models.

Nowadays, we can pay for any tech transfer, we can pay to invest anywhere and buy any asset you can think of. Considering our currency reserves which are over $3.2 trillion, the largest in the world by far.

Here is the catch though. They won't sell, because they want to keep a monopoly.

So what do we do when we need the tech? The same thing you would do if you were trying to develop a new product (like a computer), you look at all your competitors in the market, emulate their successful features and cut out those features which have proved unsuccessful in those other models.
chinese companies bought many big companies, take lenovo for example. And I think rover as well. You can emulate but not copy. See what samsung does, thats how you beat competition.

Making your own chinese brand computer or own car is not copying, making exact design of a specific car and calling it almost similar name is copying..

I am not taking about defence equipment or drugs, like I said, for public interest one might argue it is necessary.

chinese companies bought many big companies, take lenovo for example. And I think rover as well. You can emulate but not copy. See what samsung does, thats how you beat competition.

Making your own chinese brand computer or own car is not copying, making exact design of a specific car and calling it almost similar name is copying..

Umm... no.

Lenovo was founded in Beijing in 1984 by Liu Chuanzhi.

And now Lenovo is the largest PC maker in the world:

BBC News - Lenovo ousts HP as world's top PC maker

And the two biggest companies in the world are both Chinese banks, founded in China.

Chinese banks top Forbes Global 2000 list of world's biggest companies - The Guardian

sorry.. my bad.. I meant lenovo buying thinkpad business.. imagine somebody copys lenovo's brand and designs and calls it similar name, wont it be unfair to lenovo?

Sure it would be unfair. But the world is unfair.

Like that guy who bought Chinese tablet computers off the shelf, and then claimed to have invented the world's cheapest tablet computer, for that Indian government program to provide cheap computers to all students. Then he went around the world boasting about it.

But did you see us suing you for that? Or crying about it? No.

It's a hard world, and there are millions of poor who need to be brought into a developed society. And honestly I feel more for them, and the people being shot down by stolen Chinese inventions (firearms/explosives) than I care about Bill Gates losing another royalty check.

Before the ZERO debate heats up again, yes the concept of ZERO (as in nothing) was around long before Indian mathematicians, but the use of zero as a positional indicator (as in 10, 100, 1000) is first attributed to Indian mathematicians.

Hey troll your post got reported ........ :lol:

you people are little less in logic I don't know how those IQ tests are rating you ..... :lol:

Global innovation index china 35 india 65:omghaha: not to mention hk and Singapore both in top 10 , what make you think you are in a position to bad mouth china on innovotion

Sure it would be unfair. But the world is unfair.

Like that guy who bought Chinese tablet computers off the shelf, and then claimed to have invented the world's cheapest tablet computer, for that Indian government program to provide cheap computers to all students. Then he went around the world boasting about it.

But did you see us suing you for that? Or crying about it? No.
that is different, if they copied a product design a company can sue them, if they source their product wholesale from a company and rebrand them , thats not copying... am I telling basics to you now?
What is the product agreement between supplier and brand owner?
many tvs share same screen under the hood, from same source.

If he indeed copied a finished branded product and resold it without knowledge of supplier that is wrong. they should be sued. What is wrong is wrong, whether you cry or laugh does not change it

Lot of products (not only electronic but other stuff) are bought in bulk and branded and sold to market.

Specifically about the tablet, i have seen the interview in which brand owner clearly states that low spec version is manufactured in india and high spec one sourced from chinese manufactuer.

zero.gif

But Chinese didn't use zero as number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom