What's new

Chinese PM Visits Bangladesh

As long as B'desh is stuck between two emerging powers, there is definitely going to be some interference in its internal affairs from both sides.

Its a fact of life, whether they like it or not.

Now, it upto them whether they want to be under the influence of a democratic nation or a totalitarian regime.

Dude, have you ever been to China?? You cannot compare India with the infrastucture, development and way of life in China.

It's like comparing Mangoes with Oranges.

IMO, China today has the biggest economy of this world.

Yes, it will try to influence not only asia but others as well.

Dude, have you ever been to China?? You cannot compare India with the infrastucture, development and way of life in China.

It's like comparing Mangoes with Oranges.

IMO, China today has the biggest economy of this world.

Yes, it will try to influence not only asia but others as well.

What is it that you are tying to say?

China opened up in 1978. India opened up in 1991.

India has actually done a lot more in a shorter span of time, than China did in the same space of time after it embraced globalization.

So, relax. Everyone gets their chance.

The point is, that B'desh is going to have to engage with both India and China, and atleast in India's case, there will be some accountability that it won't turn B'desh into another oppressive military regime.

What is it that you are tying to say?

China opened up in 1978. India opened up in 1991.

India has actually done a lot more in a shorter span of time, than China did in the same space of time after it embraced globalization.

So, relax. Everyone gets their chance.

The point is, that B'desh is going to have to engage with both India and China, and atleast in India's case, there will be some accountability that it won't turn B'desh into another oppressive military regime.

My point is, the theory of India emerging as an economic and defence power
is based on biased analysis by think tanks to counter China.

It took China several years to be where it is today.

My point is, the theory of India emerging as an economic and defence power
is based on biased analysis by think tanks to counter China.

Bollocks , just because you cannot stomach something happening dosent mean it is not happening,you need to do your homework before starting such flame. India is a rising power and if's and but's regarding this . As far as super power is bing concerned , no one except the US is the super power right now and even for China it shall take decades to overtake them provided you assume that they maintain their momentum for decades and US continuously fails

Bollocks , just because you cannot stomach something happening dosent mean it is not happening,you need to do your homework before starting such flame. India is a rising power and if's and but's regarding this . As far as super power is bing concerned , no one except the US is the super power right now and even for China it shall take decades to overtake them provided you assume that they maintain their momentum for decades and US continuously fails

Compare the two in terms of infrastructure, defence and way of life.

I'm sure you know what I mean.

One such example, is the list of billionaires. There are no or only a few chinese in it!

Compare the two in terms of infrastructure, defence and way of life.

I'm sure you know what I mean.
Poor economics based on pictures seen in internet.

Why dont you compare with timeframe in mind, as stealth assasin pointed out China began reforms way before India did.
Regarding infrastructure, these cannot be built overninght, I can pick out particular photos as Chinese fanboys do and show that India has superior infrastructure but that is a moot point , we came late to the party and re catching up pretty fast.
As far as defence is considered I dont find much disparity, each has built according to their threat perceptions, Chinese threat perception is stationed around formosa while our threat perception is stationed around our neighbours and Indian ocean.

As far as lifestyle is consiedered I think middle class and the rich in both countries have more or less the same lifestyle or standard of living.

Regarding the biased analysis.

One such example, is the list of billionaires. There are no or only a few chinese in it!

As far as lifestyle is consiedered I think middle class and the rich in both countries have more or less the same lifestyle or standard of living.

The same can be said for Pakistan.

The point is China will always enjoy a significant upper hand in influencing the world as it is already there.

While, India plans to get there by decades to come. China will not standstill and let that happen.

Scale of economics and numbers differ

The point is China will always enjoy a significant upper hand in influencing the world as it is already there.

Influencing what, could they influence the west to stop protesters from snatching the flame. Nope. not there still.

While, India plans to get there by decades to come.

Indian wil do what it seems best to her interest, it shall not care about whether there is a tag of superpower of not, but will continue to protect its interest.

China will not standstill and let that happen.

Not pretty much, Indian ocean is still Indias domain, India is forging new alliances, China could not influence us on border issue or on Kashmir issue.

The pro-Indian government of Sheikh Hasina was the most corrupt government and the Rangs Building at Bijoy Sharani is a monument to that fact. It is being demolished as it was built on the land of poor people.

Corruption is a part of life in BD and more institutionalised than other South Asian countries, which are equally corrupt.

Hasina is no pari either!!

Bujle dadu?

T Rex, don't you think it is better to reunite with Pakistan?

After all, what is wrong if they feel they are superior to you dark lazy Bengalees that Mujabir and his Mukti Bahinis dispelled?

Reunite.

Any takers in BD?

That should answer the question!!

Oh come on.

It is widely accepted by economists and think tanks that China will emerge as a giant (If not the only one) in the future.

While, India plans to get there by decades to come. China will not standstill and let that happen.

That's ridiculous. This isn't a single-lap race, that China can trip-up India and reach the finish line first.

India's influence depends entirely on its economic and military prowess, and not whether China wants it to become a superpower.

Sure, China will have significant strategic leverage over India in the short run, but the same could have been said regarding US leverage over China 2 decades ago.

Infact, I say that if India, B'desh, Pakistan and other countries in the subcontinent can keep their differences aside and work together, we can be a real force in the world and take China head-on.

Regarding the biased analysis.

Any Chinese billionaires that you have discovered and we do not know?

Back
Top Bottom