What's new

Chinese people should look at the rise of Kpop and korean drama more positively

Learn it.Thank u....
But……
But……
In China's book stores always full of S.Korean books...The other maybe China's Tfboys,etc...
I think....English culture may be popular in the other part of world..←I guess:p:;)
Thank u for ur patient reply :)

You are welcome bro.:-)

Yes i said Japanese and Korean culture/music/books etc are more mainstream in Asia than British ones. But we are trying to catch up here as well.though still a way to go to catch up with them in China. But worldwide only the U.S can rival us. ;)

as for being sorry about about not knowing this, you dont have to bro, its not just you though, many members here dont know the extent of our world reach/influence. Good to educate them once in a while. :D

Yea, in soft power and WORLDWIDE pop/music influence/reach, S.korea and Japan are still way behind us. We already debated this in another thread Esolve opened about this.

In Asia though Korea and Japanese musics/movies/pop etc are quite mainstream and popular than British ones. But even here we are catching up as well. Study: British TV Dramas Gaining Traction Among Chinese Elite - Hollywood Reporter
Though still a long way to go in this region.

However, worldwide we are way ahead of them by a large margin. our music even tops the charts in U.S and we have won sooooo many grammys in the U S itself. How many asian musicians/artists have ever achieved this?lool

The World's Biggest Bands Are British and Its Biggest Solo Artists Are American - The Atlantic

UK pop stars sell one in seven albums across the globe with £18bn sales | Daily Mail Online

Britain may be a small island, but its 'soft power’ is unrivalled globally - Telegraph

UK ranks top in soft power | Economia

Japan and s.korea are doing very well as i said before. But nowhere near Britain.

Couple years ago we even topped the mighty U.S.

Britain becomes world's largest cultural (music, TV, etc) exporter

Our culture is more global than regional. Not bad for such a "small island". Lol :enjoy:

you are totally wrong
Japanese anime are OK, but Japanese movies/music/dramas are not popular in Asia nowadays.
In Asia, Kpop is dominant, Japanese exports anime, China exports Ancient costume/fantacy dramas.

UK entertainment may be popular in the west, Kpop is popular in Asia, this is a draw.
In other areas, UK entertainment and Kpop are all niche market.

Learn it.Thank u....
But……
But……
In China's book stores always full of S.Korean books...The other maybe China's Tfboys,etc...
I think....English culture may be popular in the other part of world..←I guess:p:;)
Thank u for ur patient reply :)

"In China's book stores always full of S.Korean books."

are you OK with English? did I read it wrong?
who told you Korean books are full in Chinese stores????????

You are joking right?? :rofl:

I'm serious, I'm not joking

In modern chinese cinema, the handsome guys always are stuck at the second line, the guys who are most popular are like this:

Ugh, the men you're sharing are not even funny at all. Sorry, man, but please, you're not doing any credit by posting pictures of ugly men in cinema.

Some example of Superior, Handsome Northeast Asian Men:

Takeshi Kaneshiro (Japanese & Chinese Mix),
takeshi2-1.jpg

PerhapsLove_TakeshiKaneshiro.jpg

takeshi-kaneshiro-gq-2.jpg

Leehom Wang,
Lee-Hom-Wang-wang-lee-hom-7001204-450-555.jpg

fhsj.jpg

201304221708079247.jpg

leehomwang.jpg

Personally, I have great pleasure in watching the Chinese, Korean and Japanese films. Especially historical and fantasy.

Russian history films are great, too, buddy. The most recent one that I saw was the Peter the Great film about the Great Northern War between Russia and Sweden. Pretty awesome.

"In China's book stores always full of S.Korean books."

are you OK with English? did I read it wrong?
who told you Korean books are full in Chinese stores????????

I'm serious, I'm not joking

Lmao. You posting videos of a korean band having a show in France etc means they are ahead of us?? Do you want me to start showing you videos of our bands playing across the world??

Just one of our bands" One direction" (the world most popular/largest band today by far)alone probably made more sales in their last world tour than s.korean bands put together. :lol:

Lmao. You posting videos of a korean band having a show in France etc means they are ahead of us?? Do you want me to start showing you videos of our bands playing across the world??

Just one of our bands" One direction" (the world most popular/largest band today by far)alone probably made more sales in their last world tour than s.korean bands put together. :lol:

Dude, you're also missing one very important tv series (mostly British actors) that's caused a massive, massive obsession abroad:

game.jpg

Russian history films are great, too, buddy. The most recent one that I saw was the Peter the Great film about the Great Northern War between Russia and Sweden. Pretty awesome.

I advise you to watch "War and Peace" (1965). Epic Movie.
The 1979 Guinness Book of World Records published a similar number, claiming War and Peace was "the most expensive film ever made" based on that "the total cost has been officially stated to be more than $96 million." (from wiki)

I just show you some examples

Dude, you're also missing one very important tv series (mostly British actors) that's caused a massive, massive obsession abroad:

game.jpg

this is a US drama using british actors, not UK drama
and still it is niche market. its influence in Asia is still far behind Korean dramas

game.jpg

Dont mind Esolve. Its funny seeing him even compare our entertainment world influence with S.korea. lool Japan is even ahead of S.korea overall if i was to compare.

I just show you some examples

this is a US drama using british actors, not UK drama
and still it is niche market. its influence in Asia is still far behind Korean dramas
Yes but still british actors and many scenes qere shot in noethern ireland. As i said its a joke to comparw us with your lovely S.korea. S.korea is manly mainstream in East and south east asia. We are global not regional.

Though Korea for their size is doing very well as i said. :cheers:

that is because of US and Europe market, which are wealthy
it has little influence in Asia

Dont mind Esolve. Its funny seeing him even compare our entertainment world influence with S.korea. lool Japan is even ahead of S.korea overall if i was to compare.

Yes but still british actors and many scenes qere shot in noethern ireland. As i said its a joke to comparw us with your lovely S.korea. S.korea is manly mainstream in East and south east asia. We are global not regional.

Though Korea for their size is doing very well as i said. :cheers:

still, it is a US drama, not a UK drama.

I advise you to watch "War and Peace" (1965). Epic Movie.
The 1979 Guinness Book of World Records published a similar number, claiming War and Peace was "the most expensive film ever made" based on that "the total cost has been officially stated to be more than $96 million." (from wiki)

Bro, what I'm seeing alot is more and more Japanese male actors and models are trying to copy the Russian 'Style' , i suppose, Russia is considered a model to take after. Given, Russian male actors in industry as well as Russian male models in industry are very handsome.

Just an example;

Danila Kozlovsky,
wpid-danila-kozlovsky-the-vampire-academy-blood-sisters-34713829-487-737.jpg

42349eb5c1ea2579818d52764d91861e.jpg

dropr_gKr3I5oKrfZxSCzIc8aG8ICCR5HxIoNz_r1_920x1840.jpg

Grigoriy Dobrygin,
Grigoriy-Dobrygin-Russian-actor.jpg

fa724a5f-f8d4-4305-8d70-e7ea8a7946d0-1020x612.jpeg

600full-grigoriy-dobrygin.jpg

Russian Super Models,
Sean-OPry-for-GQ-Russia-MaleModelSceneNet-09a.jpg

Kirill-Dowidoff-01.jpg