What's new

Chinese people should look at the rise of Kpop and korean drama more positively

@Nihonjin1051 There's no future for Chinese models or singers to follow this trend set by Japanese and Korean "men"
We have our own style, we don't need Western girls woooooooing us.

LOL. Bro, these supermodels are setting trend in China.
No offense man, but the hipster look is the 'in' thing in style in this generation.
Just saying how it is.

Look up Godfrey Gao, he's a Chinese model. I don't know what the fuss is all about but women seem not able to keep their panties dry when talking about him. Soft power comes in all shapes and forms, apparently some members are suggesting that Korean k-pop is the way to go as far as 'soft power' is concerned, lmfao! Sure I mean it suits South Korea then good for them! But that doesn't necessarily mean it can be applied to other countries/people. Imagine India taking hold of k-pop...LOL can you picture how ridiculous and lame that would look? China doesn't need or want to embrace k-pop, to put in simpler terms--that is stupid as hell. But by no means am I against other countries who want to embrace it....

As for China, it is still a developing country so it's popular culture/soft power will take time to grow but for now it is our movies, Olympics sports prowess, cuisine and traditions that are most visible and dominant.

Look up Godfrey Gao, he's a Chinese model. I don't know what the fuss is is all about but women seem not able to keep their panties dry when talking about him.

Because he has the rugged look, bro. They call it "Ruggedly Handsome".

godfrey-gao-garage03.jpg

godfrey-gao-gallery.png

interview-godfrey-gao-for-sk-ii_11.jpg

ATVUQ1Lv.jpeg

tumblr_n04ffoZmxo1rif96zo1_500.jpg

Btw, Godfrey Gao is also famous in Japan; lots of folks in Japanese Couture that compare Godfrey's beauty to the Japanese Actor Toshiro Mifune:

2186869bbc02abd58df6cb261cef1734.jpg

mifune03.png

nTlG0ox.jpg

rashomon-toshiro-mifune-machiko-kyo-1950.jpg

Rashomon%203.jpg

1713-Toshiro_Mifune_in_Rashomon_2.jpg

In modern chinese cinema, the handsome guys always are stuck at the second line, the guys who are most popular are like this:
huang bo.jpg

or this guy:
Liao_Fan.jpg

or in early times:( this guy won the title of best actor in Cannes Film Festival)
ge-you-4.jpg

Handsome guys still keep hope I believe, but only when they are after 40 yrs old, like those guys:
chen.jpg

wu.jpg

Don't hate, Appreciate. Ain't you supposed to be Catholic?
Hehe... oKay.
Am more an atheist than a Catholic, just telling you.
I don't hate you. I just troll. ;)

You can go entertain yourself with whatever the Koreans produce, just don't encourage China to take the same road as they do. We are not freaks.
To be honest bro, when I changed my hair do to be more like a kpop star, I make a lot of girls head turn. ;)
Try it sometimes. You'll be surprise how many chicks dig you. ;)

Yep, HK cinema became famous for martial arts, police/triad conflicts, historical wars, etc. But @esolve wants to become popular by turning himself into a wannabe Korean。

Ugh. Aim higher please.
Haha bro... A bit too old for this sh1t.;)

Is that specie a male or female. I know our local friend @Nihonjin1051 dig this type of she-boy look. LOL
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I totally despise Kpop,they are really low taste and only making impact on the grassroots people,but I think the OP do have some point,just think pop culture as products,koreans dont even watch their own shows,they make some of the shows purely for export,that‘s why the Kpop is so brilliant. On the other hand I find some Japanese animes are of high quality and underappreciated,while they get praises from some critics,the koreans get the market.

Actually Chinese TV play much more Indian dramas and movies than japanese TV do.Barely see anything indian drama or movie in japanese TV.
Seriously? How did you come to that conclusion? Can you post a link or any surveys?

I totally despise Kpop,they are really low taste and only making impact on the grassroots people,but I think the OP do have some point,just think pop culture as products,koreans dont even watch their own shows,they make some of the shows purely for export,that‘s why the Kpop is so brilliant. On the other hand I find some Japanese animes are of high quality and underappreciated,while they get praises from some critics,the koreans get the market.

no, Korean people watch their dramas
and they watch their shows
those dramas which have high ratings in Korea are also with high ratings abroad and can be sold with high price

Korea and Japan have more soft power than China by far thats a fact. Its surprising though considering China was the leading cultural superpower in Asia in the past.

However, its also because China lost alot when it collapse and fell behind the rest of the world, cultural revolution which also destroyed alot of some of its traditional past values, Plus, coupled with past Communist ideology which sees as hostile anything that isnt related/sanctioned by the governenment,censorship which also restricts China from fully tapping its cultural creativity and ideas. Since there are many subjects which cant be touched by Chinese artists.So i will say its undersandable. No reason even Hong Kongs enterntainment/movie had far more world influence/impact in spreading Chinese influence/social value/way of life than the mainland itself. I can name several chinese hong kong movies me and my friends have watched, can hardly say the same for the mainland. Which is rather surprising when you consider the difference in size.

Anyway,i think with time as China opens up more and censorship/restrictions loosen up , Chinese movies, anime and even music just like Japan and S korea will start being more competitive and popular in Asia and maybe even spreading out of Asia. Still a long way to get there though. So far Korea and Japan are the leading soft powers in Asia by far.

Yep, two colonized countries with a dysfunctional culture can only produce those girly men.

And this is how the great men from a great independent country look like.

View attachment 249704

View attachment 249705

View attachment 249706

Come on man. You are just being sour/bitter now. Give credit when due. Just because you are behind S.Korea and Japan in some/many fields doesnt means you should be bitter to the point of downplaying/denigrating all of their achievements. Thats just being a loser to be honest. Learn from the best to improve when you are behind. Nothing shameful in that. Even my country though our entertainment industry is quite advanced(second only to the U S, we still learn sometimes from the U S and adapt it to our own environment, even the U S does the same. Jealousy/bitterness never helped a country, learning did.

Last edited:
Korea and Japan have more soft power than China by far thats a fact. Its surprising though considering China was the leading cultural superpower in Asia in the past.

However, its also because China lost alot when it collapse and fell behind the rest of the world, cultural revolution which also destroyed alot of some of its traditional past values, Plus, coupled with Communist ideology whih sees as hostile anything that isnt related/sanctioned by the governenment/censorship which all restricts China from fully tapping its cultural creativity and ideas. Since there are many subjects which cant be touched by Chinese artists.So i will say its undersandable. No reason even Hong Kongs enterntainment/movie had far more world influence/impact in spreading Chinese influence/social value/way of life than the mainland itself. I can name severa chinese hong kong movies me and my friends have watched, can hardly say the same for the mainland. Whicbis rather surprising wheb you consider the difference in size.

Anyway,i think with time as China opens up more and censorship/restrictions loosen up , Chinese movies, anime and even music just like Japan and S korea will start being more competitive and popular in Asia and maybe even spreading out of Asia. Still a long way to get there though. So far Korea and Japan are the leading soft powers in Asia by far.

Come on man. You are just being sour/bitter now. Give credit when due. Just because you are behind S.Korea and Japan in sone/many fields doesnt means you shoyld be bitter to the point of downplaying any of their achievements. thats just being a loser to be honest. Learn from the best to improve when you are behind. Nothing shameful in that. Even my country though our entertainment industry is quite advanced(second only to the U S, we still learn sometimes from the U S and adapt it to our own environment, even the U S does the same. Jealousy/bitterness never helped a country, learning did.

Hong Kong and Taiwan entertainment industry is game over. Mainland China is already the entertainment center wor Chinese world.

It is doubtful to say that UK is second in entertainment industry. It is debatable whether UK or South Korea is the second

Korean men are not girly men.
I like Korea.
But,I am not attracted by Korean men…They are not girly at all…
Go and see our country's comic!!plz...
u will know what are the really girly men……
And I really love them……

However, its also because China lost alot when it collapse and fell behind the rest of the world, cultural revolution which also destroyed alot of some of its traditional past values, Plus, coupled with Communist ideology whih sees as hostile anything that isnt related/sanctioned by the governenment/censorship which all restricts China from fully tapping its cultural creativity and ideas. Since there are many subjects which cant be touched by Chinese artists.So i will say its undersandable. No reason even Hong Kongs enterntainment/movie had far more world influence/impact in spreading Chinese influence/social value/way of life than the mainland itself. I can name severa chinese hong kong movies me and my friends have watched, can hardly say the same for the mainland. Whicbis rather surprising wheb you consider the difference in size.

Come on man. You are just being sour/bitter now. Give credit when due. Just because you are behind S.Korea and Japan in sone/many fields doesnt means you shoyld be bitter to the point of downplaying any of their achievements. thats just being a loser to be honest. Learn from the best to improve when you are behind. Nothing shameful in that. Even my country though our entertainment industry is quite advanced(second only to the U S, we still learn sometimes from the U S and adapt it to our own environment, even the U S does the same. Jealousy/bitterness never helped a country, learning did.
Are u sure that UK only fall behind US?
I think Korea,Japan are better……

Korean men are not girly men.
I like Korea.
But,I am not attracted by Korean men…They are not girly at all…
Go and see our country's comic!!plz...
u will know what are the really girly men……
And I really love them……

Are u sure that UK only fall behind US?
I think Korea,Japan are better……

Yea, in soft power and WORLDWIDE pop/music influence/reach, S.korea and Japan are still way behind us. We already debated this in another thread Esolve opened about this.

In Asia though Korea and Japanese musics/movies/pop etc are quite mainstream and popular than British ones. But even here we are catching up as well. Study: British TV Dramas Gaining Traction Among Chinese Elite - Hollywood Reporter
Though still a long way to go in this region.

However, worldwide we are way ahead of them by a large margin. our music even tops the charts in U.S and we have won sooooo many grammys in the U S itself. How many asian musicians/artists have ever achieved this?lool

The World's Biggest Bands Are British and Its Biggest Solo Artists Are American - The Atlantic

UK pop stars sell one in seven albums across the globe with £18bn sales | Daily Mail Online

Britain may be a small island, but its 'soft power’ is unrivalled globally - Telegraph

UK ranks top in soft power | Economia

Japan and s.korea are doing very well as i said before. But nowhere near Britain.

Couple years ago we even topped the mighty U.S.

Britain becomes world's largest cultural (music, TV, etc) exporter

Our culture is more global than regional. Not bad for such a "small island". Lol :enjoy:

Last edited:
Yea, in soft power and WORLDWIDE pop/music industry, S.korea and Japan are still way behind us.we alreafy debated this in another thread Esolve opened about this.
In Asia though Korea and Japanese musics/movies/pop etc are quite mainstream and popular than British ones, but worldwide we are ahead of them by a large margin. our music even tops the charts in U.S and we have won sooooo many grammys in the U S itself. How many asian musicians/artists have ever achieved this?lool

The World's Biggest Bands Are British and Its Biggest Solo Artists Are American - The Atlantic

UK pop stars sell one in seven albums across the globe with £18bn sales | Daily Mail Online

Britain may be a small island, but its 'soft power’ is unrivalled globally - Telegraph

UK ranks top in soft power | Economia

Japan and s.korea are doinf vwry well as i said before. But nowherw near britain.

Couple years ago we even topped the mighty U.S.
Britain becomes world's largest cultural (music, TV, etc) exporter

Our culture is more global than regional. Not bad for suchva "small island". Lol :enjoy:
Learn it.Thank u....
But……
But……
In China's book stores always full of S.Korean books...The other maybe China's Tfboys,etc...
I think....English culture may be popular in the other part of world..←I guess:p:;)
Thank u for ur patient reply :)

Back
Top Bottom