What's new

CHINESE NAVY BOMBERS CONDUCTED LOW-ALTITUDE NIGHT BOMBING TRAINING

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
CHINESE NAVY BOMBERS CONDUCTED LOW-ALTITUDE NIGHT BOMBING TRAINING

AgainstU.S.aircraftcarrierstheChinesenavyconductedlowaltitudenightbombingtraining1_thumb.jpg

AgainstU.S.aircraftcarrierstheChinesenavyconductedlowaltitudenightbombingtraining2_thumb.jpg

AgainstU.S.aircraftcarrierstheChinesenavyconductedlowaltitudenightbombingtraining3_thumb.jpg

AgainstU.S.aircraftcarrierstheChinesenavyconductedlowaltitudenightbombingtraining4_thumb.jpg

AgainstU.S.aircraftcarrierstheChinesenavyconductedlowaltitudenightbombingtraining5_thumb.jpg

AgainstU.S.aircraftcarrierstheChinesenavyconductedlowaltitudenightbombingtraining6_thumb.jpg

which aircraft is this one? first i thought it to be H-6 but H-6 has side intakes unlike this aircraft shown in the pic as it don't have side intakes (look at the first pic)

also it can't be a JH-7 or J-8

Last edited:
I think it's the H-6, you can't really make out the intakes because of the lights below them.

I think it's the H-6, you can't really make out the intakes because of the lights below them.

No, look at the first pic carefully ,it clearly shows that the aircraft has under chin intakes so it can't be a H-6

I'll be more excited if it is not a bomber outdated in the 1950s.

a good reply to the west's threat theory.

wow, an MFD. Is this an H-6K?

Last edited:
Seriously, if China wants long range strike capability, we have to speed up the testing of the next-gen H-8 or perhaps our version of the Tu-22M3.

That thing at the chin which looked like a J-10 air intake is actually a radar housing, a radome.

Seriously, if China wants long range strike capability, we have to speed up the testing of the next-gen H-8 or perhaps our version of the Tu-22M3.
Tu-22M3 is definitely out. That role will be falling to J-20 when it enters service (before 2015).

I would not be surprised if H-8 is further along than expected. It will definitely only start testing after WS-15 is ready though. So I expect around 2020.

For the moment, all China has is the H-6K, which is a majority upgraded H-6 cruise missile platform with D-30KP. It's been ready but sitting there without an engine for about 2 years now. I think Russians have started some limited delivery of engines. The domestic high by-pass engine should be ready this year, so 2012 service date is reasonable.

Tu-22M3 is definitely out. That role will be falling to J-20 when it enters service (before 2015).

I would not be surprised if H-8 is further along than expected. It will definitely only start testing after WS-15 is ready though. So I expect around 2020.

Globalsecurity.com (which got its info from Grande Strategy) states that the H-8 bomber first flew in 2008 January 5 using WS-10A engines. Service is expected a decade later.

Chinese reports also say that there is a high-altitude atmospheric bomber (some people call it the H-9) under development. It uses four WS-12 engines and a ramjet engine.

Globalsecurity.com (which got its info from Grande Strategy) states that the H-8 bomber first flew in 2008 January 5 using WS-10A engines. Service is expected a decade later.

Chinese reports also say that there is a high-altitude atmospheric bomber (some people call it the H-9) under development. It uses four WS-12 engines and a ramjet engine.
Globalsecurity.com is not a source at all for PLA related matters! You have to spend time on Chinese BBS to know these things. There is one advanced bomber program. And there is one H-6K -- unfortunately that one's been delayed for a few days thanks to Russian high bypass engines not being delivered, though domestic one is coming up soon.

Globalsecurity.com is not a source at all for PLA related matters! You have to spend time on Chinese BBS to know these things. There is one advanced bomber program. And there is one H-6K -- unfortunately that one's been delayed for a few days thanks to Russian high bypass engines not being delivered, though domestic one is coming up soon.

Funny thing is, GlobalSecurity does get its PLA information from Chinese reports.

H-6K isn't an advanced program. The two main programs are the H-8 stealth bomber and H-9 high-altitude bomber.

Öйú¿Õ¾ü½«ÒªÍƳöºä¾Å¿ÕÌìºäÕ¨»ú

Back
Top Bottom