What's new

Akash missile test fired at low altitude

If you look at the bottom centre-left at the time of the launch, you will see a cow.

I've read that it can pull 15g turns,but I can't find a source as of now.

Even 15G seems to be low, i remember reading a paper to successfully intercept a maneuvering target, the G limit of the interceptor has to be more than thrice than that of the target. Considering an aircraft can pull 9G, the missile has to pull more than 27 G.

Even 15G seems to be low, i remember reading a paper to successfully intercept a maneuvering target, the G limit of the interceptor has to be more than thrice than that of the target. Considering an aircraft can pull 9G, the missile has to pull more than 27 G.

Yeah bro,but there were no official figures on the G forces,all just says "high manoeuvrability"

If you look at the bottom centre-left at the time of the launch, you will see a cow.

@Skull and Bones ,@gslv mk3 and others :At 0.05-0.06 secs,something moves past the missile,could it be the target drone and the missile missed?

Run the video in .25 speed than the original, you'll find that the apparent velocity of that object is very less and it's shape changed a frame later. More like a bird or something.

I did not find the object's shape to be changing mate.
Also,I did not find the missile hitting anything in that video,even at slow motion.No with this report from Indian Express,could it be what I fears?

I did not find the object's shape to be changing mate.
Also,I did not find the missile hitting anything in that video,even at slow motion.No with this report from Indian Express,could it be what I fears?
That was towed target from BANSHEE .

It is actually 5 times the target G,it seems SAMs might be useless by this logic but it will take time for the aircraft to detect the threat and maneuver to full G capacity( deceleration or acceleration to corner velocity and then maneuvering to attain Max G).So lighter,short range high G missiles with passive homing capability(IR,Anti radiation like irist-sl,omkhonto,spyder) missiles permit lowest reaction time for the target and high kill Pk when compared to large long range high altitude SAMs.

This gives several scenarios by which aircraft can avoid SAMs. a very interesting read
Evading the Guided Missile

Last edited:
It is actually 5 times the target G,it seems SAMs might useless by this logic but it will take time for the aircraft to detect the threat and maneuver to full G capacity( deceleration or acceleration to corner velocity and then maneuvering to attain Max G).So lighter,short range high G missiles with passive homing capability(IR,Anti radiation like irist-sl,omkhonto,spyder) missiles permit lowest reaction time for the target and high kill Pk when compared to large long range high altitude SAMs.

This gives several scenarios by which aircraft can avoid SAMs. a very interesting read
Evading the Guided Missile

Thanks a ton mate.

Run the video in .25 speed than the original, you'll find that the apparent velocity of that object is very less and it's shape changed a frame later. More like a bird or something.
Yep a bird that large and and that fast...:lol:
o_O

Back
Top Bottom