What's new

Chinese Mainland cities set to overtake HK

Where is Shenzhen? It's a great city in China
Shenzhen is pretty crappy TBH. Hong Kong is wayyyyyy ahead of mainland China. Even the most central parts CBD areas of mainland cities don't have the same metropolitan feel of Hong Kong. At best, they are shining and new infrastructure (with "economical" construction materials), average maintenance, average commercial spaces, average people. That same kind of sterile feel you get from the Beijing 2008 athletic buildings and the 2010 Shanghai Expo pavilions. Hong Kong Island is something else altogether -- HK is definitely China's Tokyo, London or New York.

Shenzhen is pretty crappy TBH. Hong Kong is wayyyyyy ahead of mainland China. Even the most central parts CBD areas of mainland cities don't have the same metropolitan feel of Hong Kong. At best, they are shining and new infrastructure (with "economical" construction materials), average maintenance, average commercial spaces, average people. That same kind of sterile feel you get from the Beijing 2008 athletic buildings and the 2010 Shanghai Expo pavilions. Hong Kong Island is something else altogether -- HK is definitely China's Tokyo, London or New York.

What is the % of Public Transport System in Beijing and Shanghai?

Well, HK is indeed great, but you don't have to put down other Mainland cities.

Do you think where all those shining PLA military technology came from?

Only the the Mainland cities could have provided these with its developed infrastructure.

What is the % of Public Transport System in Beijing and Shanghai?
I don't know what you mean. Can you rephrase? In Beijing / Shanghai, the two most developed cities in mainland China, the subway network in the city proper is very dense (not quite at the same level as London, Tokyo and New York but 50% there) and you generally don't need to take a bus. An average white collar worker can afford to take subway for most trips and take a cab every once in a while where the subway is inconvenient. Many subway lines go all the way out to satellite suburbs.

Well, HK is indeed great, but you don't have to put down other Mainland cities.

Do you think where all those shining PLA military technology came from?

Only the the Mainland cities could have provided these with its developed infrastructure.
No malice intended. I'm just trying to be objective. Mainland China doesn't concentrate all its wealth into a tiny space, otherwise it would certainly make Beijing or Shanghai look like London, New York, Tokyo or Hong Kong, but rather it's spread out over many geographically large cities. So you have pockets of new, shining, developments all over the city proper, possibly next to buildings from the 70's or even older.

I don't know what you mean. Can you rephrase? In Beijing / Shanghai, the two most developed cities in mainland China, the subway network in the city proper is very dense (not quite at the same level as London, Tokyo and New York but 50% there) and you generally don't need to take a bus. An average white collar worker can afford to take subway for most trips and take a cab every once in a while where the subway is inconvenient. Many subway lines go all the way out to satellite suburbs.

No malice intended. I'm just trying to be objective. Mainland China doesn't concentrate all its wealth into a tiny space, otherwise it would certainly make Beijing or Shanghai look like London, New York, Tokyo or Hong Kong, but rather it's spread out over a geographically large city. So you have pockets of new, shining, developments all over the city proper, possibly next to buildings from the 70's or even older.

Beijing's subway

Beijing aiming for world's longest subway system - SkyscraperCity

No malice intended. I'm just trying to be objective. Mainland China doesn't concentrate all its wealth into a tiny space, otherwise it would certainly make Beijing or Shanghai look like London, New York, Tokyo or Hong Kong, but rather it's spread out over many geographically large cities. So you have pockets of new, shining, developments all over the city proper, possibly next to buildings from the 70's or even older.

I mean What is the Percentage of population using Public Transport?

Or What is the Rate of Motorization, i.e. People using Private Vehicles?

Right now there are about 10 lines of subway under construction in Beijing though it takes a few years to finish the city network.

Also Beijing's public transportation is very cheap. It cost about 6 cents to ride a bus and 15 cents to take a whole day long journey in the underground subway systems. City/Municipal Finances the rest of the cost.

beijing-subway2015.jpg

Also Beijing's public transportation is very cheap. It cost about 6 cents to ride a bus and 15 cents to take a whole day long journey in the underground subway systems. City/Municipal Finances the rest of the cost.

beijing-subway2015.jpg

Compared to Mumbai, quite cheap!

Bus - 40 Cents You can travel on any routes throughout the day anywhere in the city.

Train - 18 Cents for over Distance = 35 KM

It is after Subsidizing :D

What is the Real Estate Cost there?

Bus - 40 Cents You can travel on any routes throughout the day anywhere in the city.

In bj taking taxi is quite cheap many of my friends tend to take taxi rather waiting for buses,but i seen many people on buses and on metro too.

10000 RMB+ per square meter within 4th ring road, 7000+ RMB per square meter outside 4th ring road.

Cousin lives in Beijing.

10000 RMB+ per square meter within 4th ring road, 7000+ RMB per square meter outside 4th ring road.

Cousin lives in Beijing.

Are you serious? :lol:

I own a house in the Northern Part of Mumbai, Cost = 12,000 INR / Sq. Feet = $230

1 square meter is 10.76391 square feet.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_convert_square_feet_to_square_meters

Per Square Meter = $230 * 10.76391 = $2,310.

Beijing = 10,000 RMB = $1,583 (Better Area)

See the Difference?

In Town Prices go 1,00,000 INR (In the Most Posh Areas, Business District).

Bollywood Areas = 25,000 - 70,000 INR.

Beijing is Super Cheap compared to Mumbai. :D

I can buy 3 Houses in Beijing if I sell my Mumbai Appartment!

I own a house in the Northern Part of Mumbai, Cost = 12,000 INR / Sq. Feet = $230

How do you convert square feet to square meters

See the Difference?

you can buy 1 and a bit not 3 houses in bj

How do you convert square feet to square meters

See the Difference?

I have nothing to say, people already call Beijing's housing prices outrageously high and you have to be a slave to the bankers to buy a house in Beijing. If they were in Mumbai they would go crazy!

Of course prices increase exponentially as you approach Tiananmen square reaching up to 40k RMB, but that's still less than Bollywood areas in Mumbai.

Cousin lives in Beijing.

You gotta be kidding me!

My home is out of 4th Ring Road and it's about 25k per m2 for an apartment. But the highest point is 30k per m2 sometime earlier this year.

Back
Top Bottom