What's new

Chinese Mainland cities set to overtake HK

No. K12 education quality depends on parent's personal income, and Shanghai's personal income is higher than Beijing's.

really"?then why not testing Shenzhen and Guangzhou,they both have higher personal average income than Shanghai and Beijing.

Man I really want to visit and see China one day. It's a huge country with diversified culture and lot of development going on. Lots of places to go and see. I want to see China :angry:

Man I really want to visit and see China one day. It's a huge country with diversified culture and lot of development going on. Lots of places to go and see. I want to see China :angry:
You will be disappointed. Not much different from Pakistan, save for different characters on the street and different looking people, that's all.

My friend, you are very much welcome to come and visit us anytime you want. :cheers:

You will be disappointed. Not much different from Pakistan, save for different characters on the street and different looking people, that's all.
Trolling much!?

My friend, you are very much welcome to come and visit us anytime you want. :cheers:
Oh yeah I will one day when I have enough money. I go to bodybuilding forums and there is a very long thread in which a guy from USA has gone to China and sharing his daily experiences. He lives in China currently and teaches there and says positive things about China.

Trolling much!?

Oh yeah I will one day when I have enough money. I go to bodybuilding forums and there is a very long thread in which a guy from USA has gone to China and sharing his daily experiences. He lives in China currently and teaches there and says positive things about China.

Yep once you look back at the propaganda of haters vs. reality everything becomes clear.

my observation (mostly from TV and internet) is Shanghai is close to HongKong. Other Chinese cities may be dynamic but short of orders..

Guangzhou and Shenzhen are no less modern than Shanghai,Beijing is a different style.check out Beijing.

pics of beijing,capital of china - SkyscraperCity

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

you are talking about small tiny countries like tiny S.Korea,arent you?

In fact, the infrastructure in the mainland cities is much more modern than the infrastructure in HK.

Our MTR system in Hong Kong for example, was built several decades ago.

we're all Chinese, so it doesn't matter. MTR is maintained beautifully. What matters is that no one ever considers Seoul a center of international finance the way Tokyo, Shanghai and Hong Kong are. It is kind of an insult to ourselves to even compare global finance centers like Shanghai and Hong Kong with Seoul.

we're all Chinese, so it doesn't matter. MTR is maintained beautifully. What matters is that no one ever considers Seoul a center of international finance the way Tokyo, Shanghai and Hong Kong are. It is kind of an insult to ourselves to even compare global finance centers like Shanghai and Hong Kong with Seoul.

Exactly right buddy. :cheers:

Why the mainland cities can never match Hong Kong in competitiveness.

You're challenging the Chinese dude. They've met every challenge with a steely resolve and have really emerged fast.

1. Hong Kong has a British legal system. Mainland cities are basically lawless.

Are you kidding me? We Indians have had a British Law System that made us 10 times more lawless than China today. :blink:

2. Hong Kong is business friendly. Mainland cities have so much red tapes and hands demanding a bribe to do anything.

You clearly haven't seen our Indian government if Chinese is whom you accuse of Red tape.

3. Everyone but the mainlanders speak English in Hong Kong. Nobody except foreigners speak English in mainland cities

Nobody speaks English in Japan. They have been they way they are in everything since 1820s. English is made a god for what reason I don't understand.

The most important thing, is the "upwards trajectory" of the mainland cities. Hong Kong has already reached the later stage of development, but most of the cities on the mainland still have several decades more of 10%+ growth.

Cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Shenzhen, Wuhan, Nanjing, Chongqing, etc. These cities are all going to skyrocket upwards in the next decade, that is the really exciting thing. :D

Even now I am shocked when I go to see the cities in the mainland, the pace of development is truly unbelievable.

I personally believe it is high time China pay bigger attention to pollution, income parity, governance transparency and rule by (good) laws.

I know these issues are not localized to each city but nationwide.

If not, that would be the bottleneck of those cities’ development in particular, and China's development in general.

One example is imposing of real name for Weibo. Funny thing is that the newspaper People’s Daily advocating the regulation itself uses a fake name (pen name). What a joke! See the following arguments:
前几天,北京市政府的四个部门组团推出了个《北京市微博客发展管理若干规定》,规定用微博的人,要用真实身份信息注册后才能发言。有人说这个微博实名制是中共在加强言论管控。《人民日报》随即发表评论文章反击,说各国都在加强管理网络,应该尊重中国这种管理微博的方案。

这篇力挺中国实行微博实名制的文章,却是用“钟声”这个《人民日报》常用的笔名发表的。中国这神奇的土地上总是有这么诡异的逻辑,中共的无耻程度总是超乎人们的想象。他们的中组部中宣部发文用笔名,毛泽东邓小平发文用笔名,文革斗争、复出逼宫的檄文用笔名,普罗大众们好不容易有个能说话的地方,就必须得用实名。

???????????_?????

This is a typical Chinese logic that "official can set fire but the ordinary can't light a lamp." :tdown:

...It takes time because people need time to learn to be more tolerant, to learn to compromise. BTW, I love Wukan solution so far, and will wait and see…

Back
Top Bottom