What's new

Chinese & Indians in old Arab travelers' accounts

Hu Shih, former Ambassador of China to USA: "India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her border."

NIce thread !!
,,,few cheerleaders already trying to spoil the thread

I dont know if u had seen the documentary on Dwarka,,is not please watch it ,,
It dates some 32000 yrs before Jesus ,,,,

I am sure then all were Good,,China,India ,Afgan,,,all were secular :)

I think you got an extra 0 in your date and no, India and Arabic nations were not secular by any stretch of imagination. This, in particular, can be observed in the fact that the religion caste in India and the religious leader hold immense amount of power in the ruling the nation----this is even true today, abide to a lesser extent.

The direct impact of this situation is that education was often jealously guarded from the commoners. However, in China's case, because China becomes an absolute monarchy very early in its history, the Emperors pushed for spreading the education among the commoners so to stripping power away from nobles. This was definitely not the situation in India or Arabic nations.

This actually brought up a pretty interesting point. When the Arabic merchants visited China and India, who would they actually meet? Well, in China, they will most likely deal with merchants and visit local temples/mosques. In Arabic culture, these people are often the most well educated individuals in the society, but the same is not true in Chinese culture. In 9th century, Muslim had a pretty weak presence in China and mosques would have a rather narrow focus, mostly on religious teachings, rather than being a center of learning like it would be in the Arabic cultures. In comparison, by 9th century, Arabic forces had already had its way into North India. Their presence over there is significantly stronger and the society will be centered around these temples.

Hu Shih, former Ambassador of China to USA: "India conquered and dominated China culturally for 20 centuries without ever having to send a single soldier across her border."

Correction, his was an ambassador from Republic of China (an early version of RoC at that). I am not really surprised for him to have that kind of mentality, considering his group of people has pretty much rolled over before everyone they met. Really neat guy, known to moan and rage against fate and stuff, but shy away from lifting even a finger to actually do something about it. Also known to receive enormous amount of budget form the government and produce essentially nothing of actual use----pretty much an India politician.

Did you know what happened to the OTHER people from that era? The ones that actually threw their lives on the line to create a better future for China? And the ones that refused to bow before their supposed masters? You know, the whole "slavery is a state of the mind" deal? They joined CCP and formed People's Republic of China.

Source, link, any pics? Thanks.

Hu Shih This name spelled wrong. In china, we never have any single character pronounced Shih

From my previous knowledge, China had established diplomatic relations with south east Asian nations through sea lanes in ancient times. But we seldom have connections with India even by sea lane, though it's true that Chinese explorer Zhenghe had been to Indian Ocean.

Then I hope you won't be offended when I tell you that your knowledge is severely limited. There are hundreds of accounts foreign and domestic about the same.

Source, link, any pics? Thanks.

Hu Shih This name spelled wrong. In china, we never have any single character pronounced Shih

Hu Shih was the ROC ambassador, not from the PRC.

The name is written using an old Romanization. It should be Shi.

Regardless, Buddha was born in Nepal (everyone agrees on that) so he was wrong. He probably knew that too, he was just doing his job as an ambassador.

Then I hope you won't be offended when I tell you that your knowledge is severely limited. There are hundreds of accounts foreign and domestic about the same.

No, not at all. Because China historians are not interested in this field, although ancient connections exist.

Regardless, Buddha was born in Nepal (everyone agrees on that) so he was wrong. He probably knew that too, he was just doing his job as an ambassador.

Is it referred to 胡适? OMG! He is indeed a famous historian. How could he make such mistake? Just curious...Maybe there is no final conclusion?

Whatever, Indians are 断章取义.

What happened? @Mech I am waiting for your reply, then why you get banned? In just a few minutes, you get banned.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Chinese must admit we did import religion from India. Buddhism is Dharmic religion, and that is Indian's stuff.

Nevertheless we also export something better back to them.

nepal543.jpg

We pay back India with Maoism. While Maoism is too toxic for China'a own consumption, this is exactly the stuff India need. By studying Maoism, the Hindu Nepal made great achievement. The erstwhile monarchy was being kick out by Maoist.

Today, Maoists are fighting the high caste Indians. Only Maoist can give real change to India. This is really dramatic karma.

Chinese must admit we did import religion from India. Buddhism is Dharmic religion, and that is Indian's stuff.

images

We pay back India with Maoism. While Maoism is to toxic for China'a own consumption, this is exactly the stuff India need. By studying Maoism, the Hindu Nepal made great achievement. The erstwhile monarchy was being kick out by Maoist.

Today, Maoists are fighting the high caste Indians. Only Maoist can give real change to India. This is really dramatic karma.

I heard Maoism are very popular in Nepal. Is it the same situation in some parts of India?

There was no Nepal at that time and it was under the kingdom of Pataliputra at that time.

Siddhartha attained enlightenment under the Bodhi tree in Mahabodhi temple in Gaya city of Bihar today which is India.

Lumbini was just his birthplace in the kingdom.

You ought to understand the history of Nepal, friend.

See we are different countries but are indistinguishable (except that we're supposed to be secoolar while Nepalis are proud of their faith and culture).

The first true Nepal came up as an empire in the Himalayas after king Prithvi Narayan Veer Vikram Shah Dev united all the warring mahajapanadas as a single state.

There was no Nepal at that time and it was under the kingdom of Pataliputra at that time.

Siddhartha attained enlightenment under the Bodhi tree in Mahabodhi temple in Gaya city of Bihar today which is India.

Lumbini was just his birthplace.

He came from Nepal, which was never a part of India.

Lumbini is his birthplace, this is a historical fact and nobody in the world disputes it.

And yes he did attain enlightenment under the Bodhi tree.

He came from Nepal, which was never a part of India.

Lumbini is his birthplace, this is a historical fact and nobody in the world disputes it.

And yes he did attain enlightenment under the Bodhi tree.

You seriously don't know the history of this place.

There was no country as Nepal until king Prithvi united it to form it.

Dude, you're telling me the history of my region.

Grow up.

nepal543.jpg

We pay back India with Maoism. While Maoism is too toxic for China'a own consumption, this is exactly the stuff India need. By studying Maoism, the Hindu Nepal made great achievement. The erstwhile monarchy was being kick out by Maoist.

The difference is that Maoists are using terrorism against us while what we sent to China was through unarmed, peaceful monks.

Very nice of you to payback a centuries long friend.

High caste. :lol:

What a joke.

Maoists are being crushed in our country and have no support except for in dense forests like wild animals.

While your news agencies quell all the news, you think all is well in PRC.

You seriously don't know the history of this place.

Dude, you're telling me the history of my region.

Grow up.

F*ck off.

Nepal was never a part of India, that is a fact. It was not even a part of British India.

And by the same logic there was no country of India back then either.

F*ck off.

Nepal was never a part of India, that is a fact. It was not even a part of British India.

When did I say it was a part of India?

However, you're free to keep it different with propaganda.

And by the same logic there was no country of India back then either.

I agree we were not united. Bharatvarsha was a region defined by common faith and culture.

Which Nepal shares with us, no matter how many Communist terrorists you fund to eliminate this.

Your faithful mutt Prachanda was kicked out by Nepalis for his audacious attack on Pashupatinath temple.

Populist politics is not a problem for Nepalis. Just don't mess with their faith and culture.

They're mountain dwelling warriors since times immemorial.

Unlike you, they don't submit to foreign (unless you were not taught that Communism was invented by a German Jew called Karl Marx) nonsensical ideologies.

Or for that matter, disband them conveniently in favour of US alliance and state capitalism and call yourself communist. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom