What's new

Chinese, Indian troops in stand-off at Ladakh

Let's hope Indian troops force the Chinese out this time. Don't need a repeat of the past, where Chinese were allowed to enter Indian territory, set up camp, toast some marshmallows and drink hot cocoa, and then return to China unmolested.

Ground realities have changed. Last time we demolished their tower without any warning. In Chamur, we made them bend on their knee and withdraw.

The thing is, India can't exactly afford that at the moment, you are already fighting us in the West, adding China isn't a good mix.

Nobody's fighting you. The BSF returning fire isn't warfare. You may like to think it is and jump up and down with excitement, it is just the same nonsense that has been dished out for decades, especially when people have to be smuggled across.

What's new?

"Fighting us", I believe.

Construction work begins, Chinese army return. We believe in getting stuff without killing preferably. I know propoganda you are fed with terms India as an aggressor, but India has always been a peaceful nation always and we resort to less violent option to get things resolved. Unfortunately the same courtesy isnt being reciprocated in the western border.

You are not a peaceful nation. Never will be. You just learned your lesson well after 1962.

Kudos to you for that.

I have no idea why they are always trying to make an enemy out of China as well. :lol:

They did the same in 1959 and 1962.

China was already busy fighting the USA (Korean War) and the Soviet Union (Sino-Soviet Split).

We already had our hands full fighting directly against BOTH the superpowers, I don't know why India chose to be a vassal state of the USA and attack us in 1962.

Try to get your dates straight. Do you want to do that on your own, or do you want me to do your homework for you?

You are not a peaceful nation. Never will be. You just learned your lesson well after 1962.

Kudos to you for that.

I sincerely wish I could reciprocate that unexpectedly nice statement.

Kudos to you for that.

Well we learned our lesson from 1962 well and didn't spin it around to say we won neither do we go into denial mode.

However we don't resort to other countries success in war or stand off to boost our ego. i.e. again because we are not a dependant nation.

Well we learned our lesson from 1962 well and didn't spin it around to say we won neither do we go into denial mode.

However we don't resort to other countries success in war or stand off to boost our ego. i.e. again because we are not a dependant nation.

Nobody is boosting of another country's success. Just explaining why you are "peaceful" when it comes to China.

That too has been done in the 60s... CIA was flying U-2s to spy on china from indian bases.
using Indian bases for refueling and stationing troops are not the same,i guess you are smart enough to understand that.

using Indian bases for refueling and stationing troops are not the same,i guess you are smart enough to understand that.

It is essentially the same in principle.

After signing the LEMOA, India has essentially sold their sovereignty to the US military.

It's the same thing we faced back in 1962, and as always, it's the Westerners using Indians as a meat shield.

Duterte was smart, he realized that America had already abandoned the Philippines while China was seizing their territory in 2012, and that the US "mutual defence treaty" wasn't worth anything at all. So he pivoted to China, this way at least he has a chance to keep something.

After signing the LEMOA, India has essentially sold their sovereignty to the US military.
If you consider signing LEOMA as selling sovereignty. By extension of your logic you must be accusing Pakistan of selling its nation to USA.

In case you were not aware or forgot LEOMA is merely is logistic support during peacetime.

Whereas you close ally Pakistan in 2002 has signed Acquisition and cross-servicing agreement (ACSA) with USA which unlike LEOMA is about providing logistics support during war.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/169274.pdf

http://www.acq.osd.mil/ic/ACSA.html

Acquisition and Cross-Service Agreements, collectively referred to as ACSAs, are applicable worldwide to acquire logistics support, supplies, and services directly from or provide them to a foreign government of organization (such as NATO or UN).

Such logistics support “transfers” come into play primarily during wartime, combined exercises, training, deployments, contingency operations, humanitarian or foreign disaster relief operations, certain peace operations under the UN Charter, or for unforeseen or exigent circumstances. As a result, ACSA authority is almost always exercised by the Unified Combatant Commands.

In other words, if war breaks out between USA and China.
USAF on mission to liberate Xinjiang and Tibet will fly mission from Pakistani airbases.
Can't blame Pakistan entirely for this though as they never liked what you did to people in Xinjiang ;)

@gslv mk3 @Tamilnadu @Rain Man @Nilgiri
some info that might interest you :)

If you consider signing LEOMA as selling sovereignty. By extension of your logic you must be accusing Pakistan of selling its nation to USA.

In case you were not aware or forgot LEOMA is merely is logistic support during peacetime.

Whereas you close ally Pakistan in 2002 has signed Acquisition and cross-servicing agreement (ACSA) with USA which unlike LEOMA is about providing logistics support during war.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/169274.pdf

http://www.acq.osd.mil/ic/ACSA.html

In other words, if war breaks out between USA and China.
USAF on mission to liberate Xinjiang and Tibet will fly mission from Pakistani airbases.
Can't blame Pakistan entirely for this though as they never liked what you did to people in Xinjiang ;)

@gslv mk3 some info that might interest you :)

Pakistan had enough dignity not to sign way their national sovereignty by signing the LEMOA. :lol:

It's the same thing we faced back in 1962, and as always, it's the Westerners using Indians as a meat shield.

Duterte was smart, he realized that America had already abandoned the Philippines while China was seizing their territory in 2012, and that the US "mutual defence treaty" wasn't worth anything at all. So he pivoted to China, this way at least he has a chance to keep something.

Not really , because Indian Military will even use US Military bases for refueling and supplies.

Pakistani certainly had enough dignity to sign ACSA allowing USA to use Pakistani bases for operations in Chinese airspace.
Guess we underestimate Pakistani concerns about Xinjiang. ;)

Like I said, Pakistan had enough dignity not to sign the LEMOA and sell their sovereignty to the US military. :P

India on the other hand rushed for the opportunity to sell their sovereignty. Even though there was no existential threat to them at that time (they signed it before the Uri attack and the possible nuclear war between India-Pakistan).

Not that selling their sovereignty helped in any way, they still got their NSG seat vetoed by China, and America immediately said India would never be a treaty ally like the Philippines.

India sold their sovereignty for the promise of an NSG seat, and they didn't even get it. And no chance of a refund either.

Nehru even begged US troops and 12 USAF sqds,radar coverage and 10,000 US troops in 62... though he didnt get USAF .. he got military aid and US military advisors..

And begging US to force Pak not to invade...

Pathetic how Ayub Khan The "Gentleman" backed off and gave you room to breathe.

Pakistan had enough dignity not to sign way their national sovereignty by signing the LEMOA. :lol:
India even offered US their bases for Afghan invasion..

While CIA had stationed in India to spy on Chinese nuclear tests and installations.. they even tried installing a nuclear powered spy device on some mountain...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom