What's new

Chinese companies to team-up with Indian firms to bid for five high-speed railway projects

whats in it for foreign companies?? Do we have that kind of rider ship to justify the expenditure??

I read somewhere that the population equivalent to Australias population rides Indian railways every day - 23 Million.

my 2 cents.

The data is impressive no doubt. The average speed of Chinese high speed trains appear much higher.

But because the data is chinese, hence it is equally unreliable. This is why Japanese get better grades, because their data is reliable..

The "data" you are given here is not some deep technical information that can be manipulated. We're talking about HSR coverage and speed of the trains, things that be easily verified by anyone. The Chinese government maybe dumb, but they can't be that stupid to make up false "data" in such obvious way.

"Because the data is chinese, hence it is equally unreliable". Whatever man, do what suits you. Knew this coming a million miles away, why I don't think we're playing a fair game.

Well I see with my eyes..I was very comfortable in India, with many people serve me. Yet for the majority India people, I guess life is not easy.

I meant your comments about caste. It stems from ignorance.

The "data" you are given here is not some deep technical information that can be manipulated. We're talking about HSR coverage and speed of the trains, things that be easily verified by anyone. The Chinese government maybe dumb, but they can't be that stupid to make up false "data" in such obvious way.

"Because the data is chinese, hence it is equally unreliable". Whatever man, do what suits you. Knew this coming a million miles away, why I don't think we're playing a fair game.

I am not sure how it can be verified and who would bother to verify it ?

I am talking about the general reputation of Chinese data. Not many people care enough to spend time and effort trying to verify Chinese data. Most people go by the thumb rule which makes them avoid questionable data. That is just the way it is.

You think this is unfair ? maybe, maybe not. In any case life is not fair.

I apologize if it make an offense..
It may be caste, but also poor and rich..
Poor and rich in India are so different..
Many people don`t get a change to change their fate.

I apologize if it make an offense..
It may be caste, but also poor and rich..
Poor and rich in India are so different..
Many people don`t get a change to change their fate.

The rich / poor part is true.

It has much to do with equal opportunity not being available for all. That is what I meant by India's only problem is decent public education for all.

Education is the greatest equalizer.

Frankly I think it is the economy rather than the education that make people equal.
Without economy, the educated people cannot get a job.
China used to have a lot of unemployed graduates.
With economy develops, those who don`t get much educated can also get jobs.

The rich / poor part is true.

It has much to do with equal opportunity not being available for all. That is what I meant by India's only problem is decent public education for all.

Education is the greatest equalizer.

I am not sure how it can be verified and who would bother to verify it ?

I am talking about the general reputation of Chinese data. Not many people care enough to spend time and effort trying to verify Chinese data. Most people go by the thumb rule which makes them avoid questionable data. That is just the way it is.

You think this is unfair ? maybe, maybe not. In any case life is not fair.

HSR rails are made above ground, not in secret tunnels. Get a map and you can measure it yourself. Train speed can be measured from satlight or even with primitive tools such as radar guns used by traffic police.

Who bothers to verify them? You mean you don't trust the Chinese and yet you're about to pay them billions without bothering to verify what they tell you? Unfair maybe not you say?

Frankly I think it is the economy rather than the education that make people equal.
Without economy, the educated people cannot get a job.
China used to have a lot of unemployed graduates.
With economy develops, those who don`t get much educated can also get jobs.

Economy grows when Human enterprise is provided opportunity to grow and is not burdened by the govt.

When you provide opportunity for 1.25 Billion people and unshackle them from bureaucracy the growth will be explosive. That is what happened in China and that is what will happen in India.

In India the unemployed end up doing some small business or work in the un-organized sector.

HSR rails are made above ground, not in secret tunnels. Get a map and you can measure it yourself. Train speed can be measured from satlight or even with primitive tools such as radar guns used by traffic police.

Who bothers to verify them? You mean you don't trust the Chinese and yet you're about to pay them billions without bothering to verify what they tell you? Unfair maybe not you say?

Collecting average speed of trains needs accurate data collected over a period of time. Not a one time measurement suing a radar gun.

India has opened up 100% FDI in railways so the Indian govt. is not planing to pay anyone anything. They are required to invest in India and recover their money by selling tickets.

Right. I wish India people can have a good development
Chinese people is not far ahead.

Economy grows when Human enterprise is provided opportunity to grow and is not burdened by the govt.
When you provide opportunity for 1.25 Billion people and unshackle them from bureaucracy the growth will be explosive. That is what happened in China and that is what will happen in India.
In India the unemployed end up doing some small business or work in the un-organized sector

Sahasranama, well that's "fair" enough. Mind you though, FDI is an investment not a donation. You are to pay it back with interest. In the end whoever's solution you choose, you will end up paying for it. So yes it is a purchase.

Sahasranama, well that's "fair" enough. Mind you though, FDI is an investment not a donation. You are to pay it back with interest. In the end whoever's solution you choose, you will end up paying for it. So yes it is a purchase.

FDI is not a donation, its an investment with related Risks. So you either make money or your loose money. No one is going to pay interest on it, either way. :disagree:

Well, I just return from Chennai this Aug...
Not long long time ago...
Glad to see Chennai airport as modern facility. But other parts of Chennai really need development.

Well, I just return from Chennai this Aug. A recent trip!
Chennai is supposed to be 5th largest city of India, right?
Hmm,so u were here recently. No,chennai is 6 largest by population. Its airport and other facilites are good but there many others better than that. Its not just the case of tier1 cities like chennai ,even airport of tier2-3 cities in India are upgraded to International standards. There are many other projects under development in chennai with many other to come,i suppose. We have been slow bt that has do with the slump in the economy post european crises,from 9% economy fell down to 4.5% ,in that case its pretty hard to grow for any city,let alone chennai.but things are improving now, still the fact is it's still slower than china. Worst problem is they lack planning to turn chennai into a more modern city,its a bitter fact. Which wasn't the case of shanghai 20 yrs ago.
But then again we aint 20 yrs behind china,it hovers between 12-15 yrs.

Still I think India is a long way from China, especially China is still growing very fast.
Good news is that China is becoming a high cost country very fast.
So some of the industry will move to India for lower labor cost.
These kind of basic industry will make people have work, get paid, start to develop.
That's what happens when labours cost is rising u tend to search for a new market. Just like it was the case of west flooding china in 80's & 90's. Chinese wouldn't be that stupid to miss their turn now to invest in India.

Right, India will grow.
Only difference of speed..

Hmm,so u were here recently. No,chennai is 6 largest by population. Its airport and other facilites are good but there many others better than that. Its not just the case of tier1 cities like chennai ,even airport of tier2-3 cities in India are upgraded to International standards. There are many other projects under development in chennai with many other to come,i suppose. We have been slow bt that has do with the slump in the economy post european crises,from 9% economy fell down to 4.5% ,in that case its pretty hard to grow for any city,let alone chennai.but things are improving now, still the fact is it's still slower than china. Worst problem is they lack planning to turn chennai into a more modern city,its a bitter fact. Which wasn't the case of shanghai 20 yrs ago.
But then again we aint 20 yrs behind china,it hovers between 12-15 yrs.

That's what happens when labours cost is rising u tend to search for a new market. Just like it was the case of west flooding china in 80's & 90's. Chinese wouldn't be that stupid to miss their turn now to invest in India.

Andhra chief minister met chinese companies representatives. .. to study high speed rail corridor from Vizag to Chennai to be finished in 5 years ... chinese representative promised to submit report with in 2 months...

Andhra chief minister met chinese companies representatives. .. to study high speed rail corridor from Vizag to Chennai to be finished in 5 years ... chinese representative promised to submit report with in 2 months...
Report on what?.....the feasibility report? I would have taken tis news wid a pinch of salt if kcr has said it but naidu,i would take him seriously.

Back
Top Bottom