What's new

Chinese companies to team-up with Indian firms to bid for five high-speed railway projects

Right, I have been to India once and the feeling is that India is just like China 20 years ago.
Not developed but start to develop..
If India can grow 20 years in high speed, you will have the capacity to build trains and rockets.
Wish you a good luck. Competition will be very tough...

Neither is rocket science a child's play , it is the toughest to say the least. You make things when if you put in a lot of money into it,that's what India hasn't done yet.

True,we are pretty immature in this right now ,its jus like china of early 1990's when japanese & european companies where jumping into china for building HSR lines.
Projects undertaken in India perhaps will be sort of a Jv between Indian & chinese companies. Its too early to predict though.

Right, I have been to India once and the feeling is that India is just like China 20 years ago.
If India can grow 20 years in high speed, you will have the capacity to build trains and rockets.
Baby Hanz Wakey! Wakey! It's 2014 :lol:

Thanks !
Naah, not whole of India is 20years behind china. There are things which are par,i was talking about HSR in specific. Rockets?...well thats debatable. but still much has to be done. And its all about bussiness few major economic reforms are the only hurdles thats stoping India's growth,clearing'em up will open up the market making it more competetive and that would make competition even tougher,for others ;) when was the last you were to India?

I don't think China is able to win the bid against Japan, Germany or France. Too much political bulls!t going on to make this a fair game. But our presence will drive down Japan's price. So that's the only consolation I can get from this so called "bid";)

Anyway, for those who question our quality and experience, here is some info.

e89a8f5fc4c21570bc4b1e.png

I don't think China is able to win the bid against Japan, Germany or France. Too much political bulls!t going on to make this a fair game. But our presence will drive down Japan's price. So that's the only consolation I can get from this so called "bid";)

On the contrary I think that China has a very good chance to win atleast 50% of the projects if not all if they collaborate with some trusted Indian companies like Tata and L&T.

kya baat.. kya baat..kya baat...

We desperately need Chinese investment..

Well, I just return from Chennai this Aug...
Not long long time ago...
Glad to see Chennai airport as modern facility. But other parts of Chennai really need development.

Baby Hanz Wakey! Wakey! It's 2014 :lol:

Well, I just return from Chennai this Aug. A recent trip!
Chennai is supposed to be 5th largest city of India, right?
Still I think India is a long way from China, especially China is still growing very fast.
Good news is that China is becoming a high cost country very fast.
So some of the industry will move to India for lower labor cost.
These kind of basic industry will make people have work, get paid, start to develop.

Thanks !
Naah, not whole of India is 20years behind china. There are things which are par,i was talking about HSR in specific. Rockets?...well thats debatable. but still much has to be done. And its all about bussiness few major economic reforms are the only hurdles thats stoping India's growth,clearing'em up will open up the market making it more competetive and that would make competition even tougher,for others ;) when was the last you were to India?

Last edited:
Well, I just return from Chennai this Aug...
Not long long time ago...
Glad to see Chennai airport as modern facility. But other parts of Chennai really need development.

Well, I just return from Chennai this Aug. A recent trip!
Chennai is supposed to be 5th largest city of India, right?
Still I think India is a long way from China, especially China is still growing very fast.
Good news is that China is becoming a high cost country very fast.
So some of the industry will move to India for lower labor cost.
These kind of basic industry will make people have work, get paid, start to develop.
You went to Chennai but you came up with a sentence loaded with ignorance.

Haha! You were impressed by Chennai Airport,the worst airport among the big five. :lol:

Chennai airport is a very new building.
I guess there might be an old and worse old airport.
Chennai airport is one of few most modern facility in Chennai, comparable with China middle size city airport.
A subway is under construction but don`t know when to complete..
Other place of Chennai, still need much development...

You went to Chennai but you came up with a sentence loaded with ignorance.
Haha! You were impressed by Chennai Airport,the worst airport among the big five. :lol:

To be honest hope Japan gets to build instead of Indian/Chinese companies. Japanese quality and technology is world renown.

The data is impressive no doubt. The average speed of Chinese high speed trains appear much higher.

But because the data is chinese, hence it is equally unreliable. This is why Japanese get better grades, because their data is reliable.

Chennai airport is a very new building.
I guess there might be an old and worse old airport.
Chennai airport is one of few most modern facility in Chennai, comparable with China middle size city airport.
A subway is under construction but don`t know when to complete..
Other place of Chennai, still need much development...

I agree with your assessment but not with the time frame for development. Once critical mass is reached the progress is rapid. I would guess India is 10-13 years behind China.

Frankly I don`t think so.
China developed so many years to reach current status..
India need to overcome some other difficulties like poor public education, different society class.
Dealing with internal issue will cost a lot of time.

I agree with your assessment but not with the time frame for development. Once critical mass is reached the progress is rapid. I would guess India is 10-13 years behind China.

Frankly I don`t think so.
China developed so many years to reach current status..
India need to overcome some other difficulties like poor public education, different society class.
Dealing with internal issue will cost a lot of time.

You speak from ignorance. That is what happens when you use PDF to understand India.

The ONLY problem India has is poor public education. Once you correct that, everything will take care of itself. Human enterprise will assert itself.

Well I see with my eyes..
I was very comfortable in India, with many people serve me.
Yet for the majority India people, I guess life is not easy.

You speak from ignorance. That is what happens when you use PDF to understand India.

The ONLY problem India has is poor public education. Once you correct that, everything will take care of itself. Human enterprise will assert itself.

Back
Top Bottom