What's new

Chinese cars 'still below par'

You've made a rather useless effort. You compare economic times to Team BHP?
T-BHP is the most trusted Indian site ever. Economic times has no clue about technicalities. Now I understand as to why you named yourself as "BANANA" :yay:

Here you go

Click here

Economic Times is the World's Second most visited news website after nytimes. More than CNN and BBC.

Atleast you will believe Top Gear?

BBC TopGear Magazine India Car-Reviews - Review: Chevrolet Sail U-VA

There are two engine options – a 1.2-litre MultiJet diesel (Fiat-sourced)

Economic Times is the World's Second most visited news website after nytimes. More than CNN and BBC.

Atleast you will believe Top Gear?

BBC TopGear Magazine India Car-Reviews - Review: Chevrolet Sail U-VA

Like I said, you're seriously a "BANANA". Your brains seems a bit flawed, is that the reason you believe Economic times to be more credible than T-BHP who had reviewed the car?
Economic times may have the largest views, but do you care? What you care about is technicalities and reviews.

Top gear is biased towards anything British, that's a fact. In conjunction with, Top Gear reviews top end cars and ACCEPTED Chinese cars are not yet there. But in actuality, Chinese cars aren't a bucket of bolts at the same time.
Last but not the least, stop being a Banana and start being unbiased towards anything not Indian.

Certainly below the bar of Japanese makers, but catching up fast.

I saw a couple of Great Wall convertibles when i made the trip to M.E., quite durable in deserts.

in Top Gear (BBC) Series 18, Episode 2 aired on 5 February 2012 it was stated by james and jeremy that in 5 years time china may bring its automobile industry to the top !!!!!

perhaps now is not the right time we may see them dominating the roads 2017 :tup:

You've made a rather useless effort. You compare economic times to Team BHP?
T-BHP is the most trusted Indian site ever. Economic times has no clue about technicalities. Now I understand as to why you named yourself as "BANANA" :yay:

Here you go

Click here

For the record - both of you are partly right. The MultiJet engine was designed jointly by Fiat and GM - a striped down version also does service in the Indian manufactured Chevrolet Beat.

1. The thing about you is Anti-Chinese
2. We are talking about VFM cars.
3. We are well aware Chinese cars are not yet among the well established brands.
4. Cheap doesn't mean a bucket of bolts. It's still VFM.
5. Chery, SAIC and GW will be up there with the best in a decade.
6. You're a F***ing idiot!

1.) I did not say you want a cheap car, you go buy Chinese car, it's those guy from Top Gear say that. If you care to look at the video I quote on top gear, this is what they say

"May and Clarkson themselves drive the two cars around Beijing and conclude that these cars seem to be much closer to what they should be compared to previous offerings, but still not up to standards in developed markets."

"If you bear that price different in mind and ignore the gear box, it really not too bad" - Jermey Clarkson @6.18
"Will you buy a Trumchi?" - May, "Only if it was very cheap" - Jermey Clarkson @ 6.45

Top Gear (series 18) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The car although is not up to their standard, but for that price, it's more than compensated it.

2.) Value for Money as I said, is not bad, they are of bad standard, but they are also dirt cheap, hence I said, if you just want a car and don't care about driving quality, get a Chinese Car.

3.) Well, glad you aware of this

4.) Check reply at 2 for comment, I am not gonna say it again

5.) Come back and tell me when they are improved. I only interested on Car quality now, not car quality 10 years from now.

6.) And you are a fanboy.........

I am surprised with all the talk about car manufacturing, no one has yet brought up what in my opinion is Mahindra's best bet in the long run - the e2o
mahindra-reva-e2o-03.jpg

mahindra-reva-e2o-01.jpg

mahindra-reva-e2o-04.jpg

It is an electric vehicle - something the world needs. Granted that the best innovation in electric cars has come from Tesla Motors in the US but this is quite astounding given that this car costs less than 1/5th of what a Tesla costs. Running costs is just 63 paise / km

Tata too has invested heavily in EVs. They are the future - not the gas guzzlers.

BYD Delivers E6 Electric Cars for Taxi Service in Hong Kong

Hong Kong's Financial Secretary John Tsang inserts a charger into a BYD e6 Electric Car during a launch ceremony for the line of vehicles, which will be used as taxis, in Hong Kong, May 15, 2013. Forty-five of BYD's e6 Electric Cars will follow in the footsteps of Shenzhen and progressively join the fleet of taxis on Hong Kong's roads starting this month, the company said on Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom