What's new

Chinese cars 'still below par'

Again Chery QQ and crap exported to most countries where such cars are God sent cars.

My point has always been Indian made cars are miles ahead of Chinese cars.

I am talking about Indian Companies and Chinese Companies.

Not JVs or foreign made cars.

No not just cherry. In 2011 China exported 1560 cars to Cuba. That may not mean much to you, but they certainly are doing good and making progress.
One of those cars exported was EC7 and it certainly doesnt looks crappy from any angle
Emgrand-EC7-Cuba-October-2011.jpg

And its not much of a JV if they own the other company like Geely owns Volvo.

A quote from a T-Bhp member since I am not yet allowed to post links.

"When you guys returned from the drive and shared your observations, I was surprised. Don’t think any of us expected the Sail to be so darn competent. The 1.3L diesel, sheer space and awesome ride quality should win it many fans. Masses will love the light steering & neutral road behaviour too. Indeed, it’s an all-rounder of a family hatchback."

1.3 Multijet Diesel is a Fiat engine. Not Chinese. :lol:

It is a Chevrolet badged. Not a SAIC!

Again Chery QQ and crap exported to most countries where such cars are God sent cars.

My point has always been Indian made cars are miles ahead of Chinese cars.

I am talking about Indian Companies and Chinese Companies.

Not JVs or foreign made cars.

That is the key.

If no subsidies, who will buy electric vehicle.

Mahindra E20, I enquired from Andheri RTO - 9,00,000 INR OTR.

I can buy Amaze Top End, City Corporate edition OTR!

True, I don't dispute that one bit. I am an exception to the rule since my commute is very less within the city itself and I agree I am not representative of the Indian car buyer. Perhaps I should have been clearer - my post was to illustrate the innovation in the Indian auto industry in manufacturing. It is nice that these guys are thinking ahead - I am pretty sure Mahindra itself knew that they would not chalk up great numbers with the e2o. With economies of scale, the prices might fall. You can clearly see that the 2nd generation EV is leaps and bounds ahead of the weird looking little Reva.
But in the future the technological prowess will be very useful - I understand this year M&M is also going to launch an electric Verito.

Each brand of Car in the world have their own representation.

If you wans slick, stylish supercar, you go for European
If you want Horse power drag racer, you go for American
If you want fuel for your mileage and maintenance proof, you go for Japanese car
If you want a cheap car, you go for Chinese

Chinese car is bad, honestly, but they are also cheap, you cannot expect for a price 10k cheaper and you have the same driving quality with Australian car

Just look at this you tube and you will see those Top gear guy rating Chinese car

1. The thing about you is Anti-Chinese
2. We are talking about VFM cars.
3. We are well aware Chinese cars are not yet among the well established brands.
4. Cheap doesn't mean a bucket of bolts. It's still VFM.
5. Chery, SAIC and GW will be up there with the best in a decade.
6. You're a F***ing idiot!

No not just cherry. In 2011 China exported 1560 cars to Cuba. That may not mean much to you, but they certainly are doing good and making progress.
One of those cars exported was EC7 and it certainly doesnt looks crappy from any angle

Even Islamic republic of Pakistan can export Sitara and Cubans will snap up every piece!

That does not mean progress.

If that is called progress, Chinese Automakers are ridiculed world wide.

Darn - even this uses the 1.3 Multijet? Poor Fiat - no one buys their cars here, just about everyone uses their engines.

Wait for another 3 post and i'll post you the link. Please don't accuse me of lying.

True, I don't dispute that one bit. I am an exception to the rule since my commute is very less within the city itself and I agree I am not representative of the Indian car buyer. Perhaps I should have been clearer - my post was to illustrate the innovation in the Indian auto industry in manufacturing. It is nice that these guys are thinking ahead - I am pretty sure Mahindra itself knew that they would not chalk up great numbers with the e2o. With economies of scale, the prices might fall. You can clearly see that the 2nd generation EV is leaps and bounds ahead of the weird looking little Reva.
But in the future the technological prowess will be very useful - I understand this year M&M is also going to launch an electric Verito.

I am in full agreement with your views.

The issue about electric cars is can they become main stream without subsidies?

E20 is a F*cking awesome car. Ever look on the road, catches every eyeballs!

Wait for another 3 post and i'll post you the link. Please don't accuse me of lying.

Here you go:

Don't make useless efforts.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2013-02-01/news/36684532_1_sail-u-va-chevrolet-sail-new-sedan

while the diesel Sail sedan is powered by the Fiat-sourced 1.3 litre Multijet engine which develops 78 PS @4000 rpm and 205 Nm @ 1750 rpm.

Cuba? U know Cubans still use 1950s model US cars. They are so starved for cars - you put an electric motor in an Amish buggy and they will snap that up too.

Darn - even this uses the 1.3 Multijet? Poor Fiat - no one buys their cars here, just about everyone uses their engines.

I've driven a FIAT Punto (Emotion) in India. 76 or rather 75 BHP. The car does move. Not good for long drives. Not sure about other's opinion, but to me the brake, clutch and the gas pedals were too high and strains the legs.

I am in full agreement with your views.

The issue about electric cars is can they become main stream without subsidies?

E20 is a F*cking awesome car. Ever look on the road, catches every eyeballs!

Here you go:

Don't make useless efforts.

You've made a rather useless effort. You compare economic times to Team BHP?
T-BHP is the most trusted Indian site ever. Economic times has no clue about technicalities. Now I understand as to why you named yourself as "BANANA" :yay:

Here you go

Click here

Even Islamic republic of Pakistan can export Sitara and Cubans will snap up every piece!

That does not mean progress.

If that is called progress, Chinese Automakers are ridiculed world wide.
Cuba was just one example, they have access to multiple markets. As for the progress part you are dead wrong, even watch the top gear video posted above and carefully listen to what they were saying......They are not there yet, but catching up very fast. Would that pose a serious threat to the Indian automobile industry...YES! They have dethroned nano, havnt they? ;)

China Launches World

Great wall sold 30k vehicle in Australia since June July 2009 to 2013 April. Its one of the fastest growing brands, outgrowing the pace when korean vehicle first hit down under. I often see great walls around Sydney, I rarely ever seen a mahindra (since 2007). Both make 4 x4 utes.

Back
Top Bottom