What's new

Chinese Air Force (PLAAF) News & Discussions

This might be a silly question, but which aircraft designed by Yang Wei is more capable? The one that is currently operated by China (J-10) or the one now in service with Pakistan (JF-17)?

To a layman such as myself, they are both simply fourth-generation lightweight multirole fighter jets.

This might be a silly question, but which aircraft designed by Yang Wei is more capable? The one that is currently operated by China (J-10) or the one now in service with Pakistan (JF-17)?

To a layman such as myself, they are both simply fourth-generation lightweight multirole fighter jets.
J10 is medium weight and JF17 is lightweight.

J10 has faster speed and more range than JF17. JF17 is one of the best platform of its category.

Thanks for the clarification! I saw the J-10 referred to online as being a lightweight multirole aircraft, so I guess I was misinformed by that.

Pictures released by PLAAF
YL9mVVL.jpg
YNm7NGR.jpg
m4JcyyX.jpg
RdyBuNK.jpg
9IDQb6p.jpg
y5Ns5l1.jpg

Big Issue! Big Issue! Read all about it!

Inside talks: PLAAF sent newly bought SU-35 to various bases to test its true capability.....
conditions of one of the drills:
1. no system support from both sides
2. two scenarios (planned combat situations, BVR and WVR; random encounter scenarios)

Participants: SU-35 vs 'a B variant' (most of us speculated it was J-10B)

Results: the B variant has significant advantage over SU-35 at BVR, and the latter has slight advantage over the B variant at WVR

that's not the end of the drill, they will keep sending SU-35 to other bases to drill against other PLAAF's planes, including J-20 and by the end of all of that, they will decide to buy more SU-35 or not.

p.s. that's my own interpretation of the conversation or the 'post' so just want leave it like that.

Inside talks: PLAAF sent newlly bought Su-35 to various bases to test its true capability.....
2. two scenarios (planned combat situations, BVR and WVR; random encounter scenarios)

participants: Su-35 VS. 'a B variant' (most of us speculated it was J-10B)

resoults: the B variant has significent advantage over Su-35 at BVR, and the latter has slight advantage over the B variant at WVR ````

thats not the end of the drill, they will keep sending Su-35 to other bases to dill against other PLAAF's planes, including J-20````and by the end of all of that, they will decide to buy more Su-35 or not```

p.s thats my own interpretation of the conversation or the 'post'````so just want leave it like that```

HOLY F*CK

Inside talks: PLAAF sent newly bought SU-35 to various bases to test its true capability.....

Participants: SU-35 vs 'a B variant' (most of us speculated it was J-10B)

Results: the B variant has significant advantage over SU-35 at BVR, and the latter has slight advantage over the B variant at WVR

that's not the end of the drill, they will keep sending SU-35 to other bases to drill against other PLAAF's planes, including J-20 and by the end of all of that, they will decide to buy more SU-35 or not.

p.s. that's my own interpretation of the conversation or the 'post' so just want leave it like that.
Dude,This is a rumor, It's not been confirmed yet. And somebody said this rumor is not true.

Dude,This is a rumor, It's not been confirmed yet. And somebody said this rumor is not true.
there few versions, someone said its J20 vs Su35, someone said its Su35 and J20 participated in big drills, and some said J20 wiped Su35 arse etc````so what I am saying is, according to them, Su35 were tested against 'a B variant', thats it ```surely any rumor has its logical touch to reality, but as far as I know, it wont be likely to have 35 and 20 to participate in any big drills, or 20 and 35 has faced each other at any exercises```

Wanting to join USAF league, China testing portable fabric shelters

By Vinayak Bhat - Observer Research Foundation (ORF) - April 03, 2017

China_testing_portable_fabric_shelters.jpg

Source: Papas Doc/CC BY 2.0

Portable aircraft shelters have been used world over by expeditionary forces, especially the USA. A large number of them were observed on Afghanistan soil when USAF moved in after 9/11. Today many countries in the Middle East and Europe are using them to provide all weather protection to their aircraft. These fabric shelters also provide good protection from overhead observation especially from spy satellites. They provide cheap and quick alternative to permanent aircraft shelters for all weather protection during expeditionary assignments.

China has recently been observed trialling some kind of permanent fabric shelter at the Kashgar airport, Xinjiang as seen in the image of October 2016. The size of this hangar used is 30m in width and 60m in length.

Fabric_Aircraft_Shelter.jpg

The image of November 2014 suggests that it is being used to shelter at least two Winglong-I medium altitude long endurance (MALE) UCAVs. The trial of the shelter covering a long period of over two years indicates its permanent nature.

Fabric_Aircraft_Shelter_02.jpg

It is interesting to note that the UCAVs possibly were also undergoing trials there enduring maximum altitude and long endurance. They are observed with ground control station (GCS) and other support vehicles.

Wing_Loong-_I_UCAV.jpg

Similar hangars were also been observed under construction in November 2016 at Nanyuan airbase in Beijing which houses a fleet of VIP and special reconnaissance aircraft of 34th Transport Division. These shelters seem to be in second stage of construction where possible compressed aluminium structure can be observed.

Nanyuan_Shelter_Frame.jpg

The earlier image of September 2016 displays base preparations for possible aluminium poles. Preparations for other structures being carried out can also be seen in the images.

Nanyuan_Shelter_Base_Markings.jpg

The modular construction seems to afford ease of installation and dismantling. The basic structure appears to be compressed aluminium alloy (light, stainless and durable) with tensile fabric cover. Different sizes in ground preparation markings at Nanyuan seem to suggest that these fabric shelters can be customised for different aircraft.

Kashgar seems to have been chosen as a location for trials to test the shelter fabric in harsh and extreme conditions of Xinjiang weather. The winters and summers of Xinjiang are known for extremes of wind speeds, snow and Sun with maximum UV effects. Nanyuan being a VIP aircraft base seems to have been chosen as the location for first large scale installations.

China’s fast growing PLAAF’s requirement of testing these portable aircraft shelters for all weather protection of its aircraft vividly indicate its global ambitions.

About ORF

Set up in 1990, ORF seeks to lead and aid policy thinking towards building a strong and prosperous India in a fair and equitable world. It helps discover and inform India’s choices, and carries Indian voices and ideas to forums shaping global debates. ORF provides non-partisan, independent analyses and inputs on matters of security, strategy, economy, development, energy, resources and global governance to diverse decision-makers (governments, business communities, academia, civil society). ORF’s mandate is to conduct in-depth research, provide inclusive platforms and invest in tomorrow’s thought leaders today. (New Delhi)

there few versions, someone said its J20 vs Su35, someone said its Su35 and J20 participated in big drills, and some said J20 wiped Su35 arse etc````so what I am saying is, according to them, Su35 were tested against 'a B variant', thats it ```surely any rumor has its logical touch to reality, but as far as I know, it wont be likely to have 35 and 20 to participate in any big drills, or 20 and 35 has faced each other at any exercises```
It's fake, confirmed. pupu微博上说原作者貌似已说自己是瞎编的。

It's fake, confirmed. pupu微博上说原作者貌似已说自己是瞎编的。
pupu 是说4月1号的那个文章是假的,随便说说的。那天他说T-50项目暂停了·····还有上面讨论的是J20和Su35的对抗测试是假的

Back
Top Bottom