What's new

Chinese Aero Engine information thread

Like I said, we already have experience developing those from Y-10 and Y-20 projects. Compared to the engines, everything else is easy.
but its take time at least few months to design and develop/tests these new gadgets than fly on your new passenger jets, i assume it will fly in year or so

Based on what sources?
Screenshot_20210412_155003_org.mozilla.firefox_edit_650918137124112.jpg

This shall give u a hint of future dual use of civilian airliner.

And we have photo of WS-20 engine undergoing trial or final production check on Y-20.

Can some one give MTBO of Chinese, Russian and US/European engines?

Dude hydraulics and avionics are simple stuff, the hard part has always been the engine. You underestimate Chinese aerospace industry.
If you are able to produce and develop INDEGINOUS hydraulics and avionics for PLAAF than why you China can't develop and produce INDEGENIOUS hydraulics and avionics for your passenger jets like ARJ-21 and C-919???

If you are able to produce and develop INDEGINOUS hydraulics and avionics for PLAAF than why you China can't develop and produce INDEGENIOUS hydraulics and avionics for your passenger jets like ARJ-21 and C-919???
COMAC just does what Boeing and Airbus do to develop commercial airliners, by using the components from the whole world.

Certification issues mate. Its easier to get certified by FAA if you used certified suppliers, understand? Hydraulics are not complicated at all, avionicd too.

J-10C equipped with WS-10 engine
View attachment 742248
Via @央广军事 from Weixin
Not very long ago I would have been quite excited to see this, now it's just a bit ho-hum. I anticipate that in the coming few years CAC will be winding down production on the J-10 family and going all in on the J-20.

J-20 doesn't replace J-10.

Would the PLAAF be interested in a single engine J-20 variant or have the expressed interest in a twin engine medium weight fighter? They surely don’t want to build an all J-20 fleet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom