What's new

Chinese Aero Engine information thread

Hong Kong news: WS-15 exploded

Should China import the Kaveri engine?
Duhhh. Isn't this a no brainer? China DEFINETLY needs thrust to weight ratio 25 Kaveri superengine! It uses the highest quality single crystal superalloys on the planet, incorporates super-materials, has 4D thrust vectoring, and produces over 300 kN of thrust. I'm sure that AVIC is willing to pay anything for this super-weapon. After that, the Chinese will attempt to reverse engineer the Kaveri ... only to fail miserably as their previous efforts have shown. You can bet that in the future, even Pratt and Whitney will be beginning for India's assistance in this field. All hail Modi and Indian technologically supremacy :rofl::rofl::rofl::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

On a more serious note, what are you smoking man?
:drag::drag::drag::dance3::dance3::dance3::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Via Hendrik from SDF - WZ-16 turboshaft engine to receive certification and enter production next year:

红网时刻株洲5月11日讯(记者 聂千川)备受军迷关注的涡轴-16(代号:WZ-16)发动机将于明年生产下线。5月11日,记者从中国航空发动机集团(以下简称中国航发)在湖南株洲召开民用涡轴涡桨发动机2018年度供应商(国际)大会获得上述消息。

据中国航发工作人员透露,涡轴-16发动机将于明年取得生产合格证(PC),并正式投产。涡轴-16是中国航发与法国赛峰直升机发动机公司合研的中等推力涡轴发动机,双方共享知识产权。涡轴-16型发动机技术先进,采模块化设计,双通道全数字式电子控制,高可靠性,重量轻,油耗低,是第四代技术水准的发动机。功率达到1200至1500千瓦,超过加拿大生产的PT6C-67C涡轴发动机。

根据计划,涡轴-16将首先装备中航直升机股份有限公司生产的AC352直升机上。坊间普遍认为,涡轴-16未来装备武直-10的可能性非常大。

我国在研制武直-10时,选用的是两台PT6C-67C涡轴发动机,由于多种原因,未能如愿。目前,武直-10使用的是国产涡轴-9型发动机,其功率仅为1000千瓦左右,性能存在不足。涡轴-16研制成功后,如果能再次整合到武直-10项目中,能令武直-10的性能成倍跃升,或能从中型武装直升机一跃成为与阿帕奇比肩的重型武装直升机。

https://m.rednet.cn/detail.asp?id=4624904

http://www.miit.gov.cn/n1146290/n1146402/n1146455/c6178455/content.html

傲游截图20180519012303.png

Large passenger engine first successful ignition machine verification
Date of release: 2018-05-18

source:

傲游截图20180519012748.jpg

baidu translation:

Recently, large passenger demonstrator engine independently developed in China (CJ-1000AX) made the first successful ignition in Shanghai, the core speed up to 6600rpm.

Aero Engine Corporation of China is responsible for the development of CJ-1000AX, last December 2017 the company completed the first engine assembly; by overcoming many difficulties in the first new engine on connection debugging, in March 30th at the Shanghai final assembly testing bench has finished all commissioning debugging. In April 3rd testing evaluation passed; after implementing the various representative expert opinions and suggestions, the first time ignition succeeded recently, preliminaryly validated of the various components and related functions of the engine system, the follow-up will be carried out preliminary performance tests.

http://www.miit.gov.cn/n1146290/n1146402/n1146455/c6178455/content.html

View attachment 475168

Large passenger engine first successful ignition machine verification
Date of release: 2018-05-18

source:

View attachment 475169
baidu translation:

Recently, large passenger demonstrator engine independently developed in China (CJ-1000AX) made the first successful ignition in Shanghai, the core speed up to 6600rpm.

Aero Engine Corporation of China is responsible for the development of CJ-1000AX, last December 2017 the company completed the first engine assembly; by overcoming many difficulties in the first new engine on connection debugging, in March 30th at the Shanghai final assembly testing bench has finished all commissioning debugging. In April 3rd testing evaluation passed; after implementing the various representative expert opinions and suggestions, the first time ignition succeeded recently, preliminaryly validated of the various components and related functions of the engine system, the follow-up will be carried out preliminary performance tests.

China's self-developed plane engine completes test run

2018-05-21 02:26 Xinhua Editor: Wang Fan

China's self-developed demonstrator aircraft engine CJ-1000AX has completed a successful test run in Shanghai, the engine maker said Sunday.

AECC Commercial Aircraft Engine Co. Ltd. (ACAE) designed CJ-1000AX for China's homemade large C919 passenger jet, developed to rival global leading airliners such as Airbus A320 and Boeing B737.

The engine reached a rotational speed of up to 6,600 revolutions per minute in the test run, ACAE said.

The company inked a deal with Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China, the maker of the C919 jetliner, on developing its engine system in December 2016, and completed assembling CJ-1000AX in December, 2017.

ACAE has more than 110 global and domestic partners in commercial aircraft engine industry.

http://www.ecns.cn/2018/05-21/303233.shtml

China's self-developed plane engine completes test run

2018-05-21 02:26 Xinhua Editor: Wang Fan

China's self-developed demonstrator aircraft engine CJ-1000AX has completed a successful test run in Shanghai, the engine maker said Sunday.

AECC Commercial Aircraft Engine Co. Ltd. (ACAE) designed CJ-1000AX for China's homemade large C919 passenger jet, developed to rival global leading airliners such as Airbus A320 and Boeing B737.

The engine reached a rotational speed of up to 6,600 revolutions per minute in the test run, ACAE said.

The company inked a deal with Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China, the maker of the C919 jetliner, on developing its engine system in December 2016, and completed assembling CJ-1000AX in December, 2017.

ACAE has more than 110 global and domestic partners in commercial aircraft engine industry.

http://www.ecns.cn/2018/05-21/303233.shtml
@cirr, I've read rumours that the CJ-1000AX contains some European parts, what do you make of that?

@cirr, I've read rumours that the CJ-1000AX contains some European parts, what do you make of that?
Could you elaborate which parts? I’ve never heard that the CJ-1000 engine ever contained European parts ... it was only the C-919 which contained European parts. The rumors sound highly unlikely ...

Could you elaborate which parts? I’ve never heard that the CJ-1000 engine ever contained European parts ... it was only the C-919 which contained European parts. The rumors sound highly unlikely ...
I don't recall exactly where I heard that, I'm afraid. The context was a comparison between CJ-1000 and SF-A (the civilian WS-20, I think). It was noted that CJ-1000 was a more fuel-efficient design but that it couldn't be used for military aircraft because some parts were European. I don't know if that's true or, if so, what parts come from Europe, but it raises a good point - why not use the CJ-1000 on the Y-20 and extend its range?

I don't recall exactly where I heard that, I'm afraid. The context was a comparison between CJ-1000 and SF-A (the civilian WS-20, I think). It was noted that CJ-1000 was a more fuel-efficient design but that it couldn't be used for military aircraft because some parts were European. I don't know if that's true or, if so, what parts come from Europe, but it raises a good point - why not use the CJ-1000 on the Y-20 and extend its range?
WS20 and CJ-1000 is different. One is domestic military engine another is for civilian purpose.

SF-A is allegedly a civilian version of the WS-15 core ... although it has never been confirmed. But I highly doubt China needs European parts or European countries would ever sell engine parts, which could be dual use. The WS-20 and CJ-1000 are completely different designs ... one uses the WS-10 core while the other is a clean sheet design.

I find it strange that the Su-30MKK using AL-31F produces a blue flame afterburner.

56HP4Ar.jpg

Ukrainian Su-27 using AL-31F produces an orange flame.

j1XReth.jpg

The Su-30MK '502' prototype using AL-31F produces an orange flame.

JWnTFMI.jpg

The Su-34 using AL-31FM1 produces a blue flame, but there is no evidence that AL-31FM1 was ever sold to China.

q55msfs.jpg

AL-31FN cannot be used by the Flanker.
AL-31FP was never sold to China.

Does anyone have some EARLY pictures of the Su-30MKK so we can verify the afterburner flame color?

I find it strange that the Su-30MKK using AL-31F produces a blue flame afterburner.

56HP4Ar.jpg

Ukrainian Su-27 using AL-31F produces an orange flame.

j1XReth.jpg

The Su-30MK '502' prototype using AL-31F produces an orange flame.

JWnTFMI.jpg

The Su-34 using AL-31FM1 produces a blue flame, but there is no evidence that AL-31FM1 was ever sold to China.

q55msfs.jpg

AL-31FN cannot be used by the Flanker.
AL-31FP was never sold to China.

Does anyone have some EARLY pictures of the Su-30MKK so we can verify the afterburner flame color?
Is the flame color determined by the engine or the fuel it uses?

Is the flame color determined by the engine or the fuel it uses?
I think it's about the fuel/air mixture. A more efficient mixture (with the afterburner fuel combusted completely) will burn blue, while a less efficient mixture (more fuel than air) will result in an incomplete combustion and soot, which will burn orange.

I think these four images are not comparable since in #1 & #4 the engine uses simple dry thrust and the flame is blue without a visible long orange flame, while in #2 & #3 the engine uses full reheat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom