What's new

Chinese Aero Engine information thread

I made a mistake. It is nozzle segment including several vane. Blade is usaully single piece.

Sorry for any confusion.
I watched the documentary again, I think before this breakthrough it was impossible to single cast a >200mm long TiAl blade. German scientist used mathematical modelling to prove it was imposssible, but the Chinese side managed to produce the World's first Single Casted TiAl blade >200mm. They are supposed to finish manufacturing for RR by end 2018.

Btw, another breakthrough was the cooling holes laser machining process. Previously the holes were casted together when they fabricate the blades based on RR documentary. I think China managed to develop a very precise laser machining machine which even the Germans are interested.

I watched the documentary again, I think before this breakthrough it was impossible to single cast a >200mm long TiAl blade. German scientist used mathematical modelling to prove it was imposssible, but the Chinese side managed to produce the World's first Single Casted TiAl blade >200mm. They are supposed to finish manufacturing for RR by end 2018.

Btw, another breakthrough was the cooling holes laser machining process. Previously the holes were casted together when they fabricate the blades based on RR documentary. I think China managed to develop a very precise laser machining machine which even the Germans are interested.

thanks a lot for the detailed information.

1600kW class turbo-shaft engine for Z-20 helicopter
064825fg66fgf76ozdwwrs.jpg
064827uak9agoza94k230z.jpg
064828gdtxqxqbxueqdqc5.jpg

064828kuop5v7phebeomwu.jpg

Dude, did you even watch the video you just posted? It clearly shows the F-119 and the F-22 (with a English narrator!) ... which has nothing to do with the Chinese engine industry at all. I’ll give you a hint ... a leak of the WS-15 will likely not come from a short/crappy YouTube video.

Last edited:
Update from pupu on WS-15: 涡扇15进展很好,不用担心。
http://www.fyjs.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=1902972&page=2&authorid=1988
I guess we shouldn't worry.
Very reliving words ... especially since it is from Pupu, the largest shrimp in the Chinese engine industry.

J20 with WS15 engine will dominate the sky in Asia.
Even with an advanced WS-10 variant, the J-20 is poised to dominate the sky in Asia ... with only the F-35 and F-22 being on equal footing. Even 4++ generation fighters would stand no chance ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom