What's new

Chinese Aero Engine information thread

sound like you already know what WS-15 look like.

It just takes a bit of intelligent to deduct. Becos the only 4th gen engine China developing is WS-15. Tell me besides WS-15, what 4th gen aero engine China is developing?

The engine on J-20 is WS-15. Just becos is the nozzle looks like AL-31, doesn't mean it's AL-31.
No way a J-20 can be operational with a AL-31 engine.

NO WAY ... simply forget it ! ... but if You want to keep dreaming that the Chinese managed to reverse engineer an exact copy of the AL-31's nozzle only to hide a true WS-15 ???

O.k. ... keep on dreaming.

The one dreaming is you. Appearance is nothing especially is just nozzle. Time will tell who is dreaming. You don't know Chinese language and you have zero knowledge of Chinese technology progress. I don't need a white man to tell me what is what. If you can beat my Chinese knowledge then we talk about it.

O.k. ... but just let me tell You this. Ignorance coupled with arrogance especially in mind of facts which contradicts these believing is always the fist step to fail.

But again ... keep on dreaming.

Official news confirms 14T WS-10 is ready
Great news! Hope to see it goes to mass production right now! What's the model, WS-10G?

Honestly ... I have to admit I take them with a huge grain of salt most of all due to versions mentioned that I've never heard before and the J-11-numbers in other charts are wrong We have seen similar graphics from the same guy also regarding the J-11 production, engines and so on and

As such I would rate this as the author's personal deduction of Taihang and surely nothing official .... even more based on what we know, since most of all due to versions mentioned that I've never heard before and the J-11-numbers in other charts are wrong.

Deino

Wow, The flow chart looks quite logical, the guy is quite smart to link those versions well if it proves to be fake. However, considering the fact that the WS-10 encounters lots of problem during devlopment phase and some articles mentioned WS-10 did make quite a few of running changes even in the mass production stage, so I think it's rational that the WS-10 has many different versions. Some of them may be not formally released , but just use to identify different changes or technology in production?

China forming plane engine conglomerate
Xinhua, March 3, 2016

China is forming a plane engine conglomerate by teaming up three listed engine makers.

According to the firms' disclosures to the Shanghai and Shenzhen stock exchanges on Thursday, authorities have appointed heads of the new giant.

The appointments include the chair, Party secretary, general manager and deputy Party secretary. The names of the appointees were not disclosed.

The three listed firms are Sichuan Chengfa Aero Science & Technology Co., Avic Aviation Engine Corp. and Avic Aero-Engine Controls Co.

The three, already major players in their own right, are now obliged to make coordinated disclosures to shareholders via stock exchanges.

New companies created by central Chinese authorities generally become heavyweights in their industry.

The move will improve China's standing in plane design and manufacturing. Though one of the biggest aviation markets, the country is still heavily reliant on imported engines.

There is a rumor that a variant of the WS-10B with 3D thrust vectoring is being tested aboard a flying testbed.

Last edited:
Chinese defense company AircraftEngine Corp of China incorporated in Beijing with 50 billion in registered capital
(People's Daily Online) 11:23, June 13, 2016

FOREIGN201606131124000537002545610.jpg

With a total registered capital of 50 billion yuan, AircraftEngine Corp of China, the 12th military industrial group of the country, was incorporated in Beijing on May 31, which indicates that the company has made its official debut since it initialized organization in October 2015.

According to information from the Beijing Administration for Industry and Commerce, AircraftEngine Corp of China's scope of business includes power units for military and civilian aircrafts, second power plants, gas turbines, design, development, production, maintenance, sales and after-sales service in helicopter drive systems as well as technical derivatives of aviation engines.

Diffrent from the general state-owned enterprises with only one shareholder, AircraftEngine Corp of China has four corporate shareholders: the Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China Ltd., the Beijing State-owned Assets Operation & Management Center, the State-owned Assets Supervision and the Administration Commission and Aviation Industry Corporation of China.

Aero engines have been the “Achilles' tendon” of China's aviation industry, and the establishment of AircraftEngine Corp of China can be described as having a special mission.

A government work report in 2015 included "aircraft engines and gas turbines" onto the list of national strategic emerging industries for the first time; it has proposed to implement major projects in these fields and has vowed to strengthen defense-related research and high-tech weaponry and equipment construction.

Chinese defense company AircraftEngine Corp of China incorporated in Beijing with 50 billion in registered capital
(People's Daily Online) 11:23, June 13, 2016

FOREIGN201606131124000537002545610.jpg

With a total registered capital of 50 billion yuan, AircraftEngine Corp of China, the 12th military industrial group of the country, was incorporated in Beijing on May 31, which indicates that the company has made its official debut since it initialized organization in October 2015.

According to information from the Beijing Administration for Industry and Commerce, AircraftEngine Corp of China's scope of business includes power units for military and civilian aircrafts, second power plants, gas turbines, design, development, production, maintenance, sales and after-sales service in helicopter drive systems as well as technical derivatives of aviation engines.

Diffrent from the general state-owned enterprises with only one shareholder, AircraftEngine Corp of China has four corporate shareholders: the Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China Ltd., the Beijing State-owned Assets Operation & Management Center, the State-owned Assets Supervision and the Administration Commission and Aviation Industry Corporation of China.

Aero engines have been the “Achilles' tendon” of China's aviation industry, and the establishment of AircraftEngine Corp of China can be described as having a special mission.

A government work report in 2015 included "aircraft engines and gas turbines" onto the list of national strategic emerging industries for the first time; it has proposed to implement major projects in these fields and has vowed to strengthen defense-related research and high-tech weaponry and equipment construction.
I guess they already has some product(commercial or military) to sell given that they go public with it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom