What's new

Chinese ace software competition: But why Indian coders are getting hired?

White man companies prefer Indians because

• Indians are smarter

Votes: 25 43.9%
  • Indians practice racism, kicking everyone out of jobs

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Fear of Chinese industrial espionage, while Indians are not capable of reverse engineering

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Indians talk better

Votes: 24 42.1%

• Total voters
Most of the Indians and Pakistanis come on student visa in a hope to get H1 visa. Work 10+ years, grab citizenship and call it a day. Chinese on other hand go back, and probably have a reserved job back home. Same with Saudis?

Saudis and these Arabs from oil rich countries don't care....they mostly and barely study subjects like Chemical engineering or Petroleum and go back. I've never met a brilliant Saudi student in Electrical/Computer related studies. Different story with Iranians and Egyptians/Jordanians though.
Chinese i think go back because, let's be honest, their nation is almost at the developed status. Plenty of jobs available. Secondly it might be more culture related. Since they are the only child, they are used to living with their families, but good ones do stay if they get to work in places like Wall Street or Silicon Valley.
Meanwhile, every single Pakistani/Indian would want to work there, except those spoilt brats who would go back and run their daddy's business.

All of this injustice suffered by Chinese coders in job application brought tears in my eyes :cry:
Being team player... and ability to follow orders and get stuff executed is what most employers look for in an employee... When I am hiring a programmer I look for these things ... competition winners are solo flyers and they are bad for teams... they come with a baggage of "Ohh..Look at me...I am so great" ... organizations don't work that ways.

I expected nothing but neo-Hinduism mantra. We Indians are neo-Brahmin while the rest are neo-dalits. Despite we fck big time in all exams and all academic competition, we are still far better than anyone else. Basically Indians just steal from all the tribe and then put a bowl of shit in front of others in the form of self-bragging Indians genius while the rest are stupid.

None of the PDF Indian soul search.

I only want to do investigation on what Indians are thinking and I got more than 1000% confirm your minds are full of ^*^&^%$.

The Chinese are not jihadist who cry discrimination and then kill people. Then Chinese keep quiet and work hard. Your master USA is going broke, and china is emerging. You guys will be begging Chinese for a job in 20 years time. By then you will bankrupt every USA company infested by you guys.

I am ecstatic of Indians' mind. Your "own self delusional meritocracy" that works for thousands of years in your own delusional Shinning India is in reality a shit hole.

Seeing your mindset in PDF, dream long long of surpassing China.

Last edited:
Saudis and these Arabs from oil rich countries don't care....they mostly and barely study subjects like Chemical engineering or Petroleum and go back. I've never met a brilliant Saudi student in Electrical/Computer related studies. Different story with Iranians and Egyptians/Jordanians though.
Chinese i think go back because, let's be honest, their nation is almost at the developed status. Plenty of jobs available. Secondly it might be more culture related. Since they are the only child, they are used to living with their families, but good ones do stay if they get to work in places like Wall Street or Silicon Valley.
Meanwhile, every single Pakistani/Indian would want to work there, except those spoilt brats who would go back and run their daddy's business.

I was gonna say that you are wrong & Indians are not like this but then I remembered my bros(Cousin) last words "Bhai India mein much nahi rakha" :(:( bloody namak haram logh :mad::mad:

Most of the Indians and Pakistanis come on student visa in a hope to get H1 visa. Work 10+ years, grab citizenship and call it a day. Chinese on other hand go back, and probably have a reserved job back home. Same with Saudis?
Theres more to it. There was a time when we faced something called 'Brain drain'. Now we have a trend where it has been reversed. Many of those who went to the West and became successful there in their own fields are coming back to India and bringing back their years of experience with them.

I was gonna say that you are wrong & Indians are not like this but then I remembered my bros(Cousin) last words "Bhai India mein much nahi rakha" :(:( bloody namak haram logh :mad::mad:

If you are running a business of your daddy dear, like construction, supplying components to Military etc, then it is heaven for you. Or if you are one of the rare bunch who founded those app companies. Other than that not much. A job in the west is still a better future investment. No wonder so many Indians are competing for the H1 visas.

If you are running a business of your daddy dear, like construction, supplying components to Military etc, then it is heaven for you. Or if you are one of the rare bunch who founded those app companies. Other than that not much. A job in the west is still a better future investment. No wonder so many Indians are competing for the H1 visas.

But what about love for the motherland & things like that koi sharam hai in logo mein ta nahi

I have seen the worst coder (Indian) get hired while the top coder get rejected by a team of mostly Indians interviewers.

On one more occasion, one Middle east colleague (he got in also) was very angry why this Indian get in (Google), while his esteemed colleagues get turn down.

Software engineers know the strength of our colleagues.

Self explanatory. Indians dominate the government IT jobs in toronto. they find a way to hire their cousins, cousins's cousins girlfriends next door neighbor

Indians always do 5% of the work and take 100% of the credit for the achievement of others. It's a disgusting Indian trait which is why Indians can brag and kiss their way into top positions at Western companies.

So true. You hit this on the head.

Maybe Pakistanis. Most Indians I know, my friends included start something in the silicon valley or continue to work. It is important for Indian parents to send their children to private school as a first choice and public school only if not affordable

I'm a REAL engineer and not a software 'engineer' or a computer 'scientist', and yet, as a hobby, I can code better than 100 of you combined! :D

Doesn't matter what anyone calls me. In business all that matters is money. I have a EE degree (with distinction from a top Canadian university), but chose a software dev career. If I can make more money being a software guy, I'd happily let go of the engineer title. If you can code better than me, it's time to make a career switch. :D

But what about love for the motherland & things like that koi sharam hai in logo mein ta nahi

After spending 30 lakhs on education, it'll take more than a decade for return on investment, and by the time it's done, the person will have serious social and personal responsibilities.

That's precisely the point...... engineers can become much better software developers........ regarding money, you are preaching to the choir, as initially I chose a career in investment banking! :D

Coding, although a hobby, it was certainly never for fun............ I have made and sold several companies........... been there, done that............ minting money is ALWAYS about cross-discpline-experience and the ability to fuse all that chaos in your head........ :p:

Doesn't matter what anyone calls me. In business all that matters is money. I have a EE degree (with distinction from a top Canadian university), but chose a software dev career. If I can make more money being a software guy, I'd happily let go of the engineer title. If you can code better than me, it's time to make a career switch. :D

The day Indian government declares PISA as an entrance examination for Engineering or Medical, there won't be any Chinese on the list.

The day Indian government declares PISA as an entrance examination for Engineering or Medical, there won't be any Indian getting into college.

I am hearing for 1st time that there is a software engineering competition...Why the heck do you think that that every one will be interested to go for that competition in the 1st place? Your assumption itself is wrong..
it is because indian fails miserably at every one of these competitions, who sponsor these competitions in india when you fail miserably at almost every single one of these?

Last edited:
I manage my own funds, and assets. :)
big deal, I manage my own funds as well after few years tour on wall street on the buy side, and I'm killing it this year in the chinese market. like i said, indian can't compete with the chinese, period. The day Indian government make these international competitions their college entrance exam, no indian will ever get into college, hence why Indian government will never ever do so.

What kind of competition is this.
LOL...I never heard of this....(I myself being an software engineer)
Indians winning American Spelling bee does not mean that all Chinese are uneducated,idiots, ignorant.
besides winning rote memorization competition, what else are you good at?

indians "don't care" any competitions for which they get utterly crushed by the chinese, and those competitions are always prestigious international competitions. the funny thing is that chinese students not only win those competitions, they also study national entrance exam on the side and still get into tsinghua and peking universities, which are much much better than not-even-top-200 ranked IITs, and exponentially harder to get into than any indian universities.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom