What's new

China's what-if Stealth Bomber projects H-8/-9/-10

Old but related news:

China bought bomber secrets

Originally published 12:24 a.m., November 23, 2006, updated 12:00 a.m., November 23, 2006

China obtained secret stealth technology used on B-2 bomber engines from a Hawaii-based spy ring in a compromise U.S. officials say will allow Beijing to copy or counter a key weapon in the Pentagon's new strategy against China.

Details of the classified defense technology related to the B-2's engine exhaust system and its ability to avoid detection by infrared sensors were sold to Chinese officials by former defense contractor Noshir S. Gowadia, an Indian-born citizen charged with spying in a federal indictment released by prosecutors in Hawaii.

Additionally, Mr. Gowadia provided extensive technical assistance to Chinese weapons designers in developing a cruise missile with an engine exhaust system that is hard to detect by radar, according to court papers made public recently.

He also helped the Chinese modify a cruise missile so that it can intercept U.S. air-to-air missiles, and helped Chinese weapons designers improve testing and measurement facilities, the court papers state.

Most of the indictment, handed up Nov. 8, outlines how the engineer helped China develop a radar-evading stealth exhaust nozzle for a cruise missile engine.

Additionally, the court papers indicated that Mr. Gowadia sent e-mails to Israel, Germany, and Switzerland in 2002 and 2004 that contained data labeled "secret" and "top secret" that was related to U.S. stealth technology intended for use in the TH-98 Eurocopter and for foreign commercial aircraft.

One computer file found in Mr. Gowadia's Maui, Hawaii, home was a file containing the radar cross-sections of U.S. B-1 and F-15 jets and the Air Force's air-launched cruise missile, information that would be useful to countering those systems by anti-aircraft missiles or other air defense weapons.

The case is the second major military technology espionage case involving China. Earlier this year, two Chinese-born brothers in Los Angeles were arrested as suspects in passing Navy warship and submarine weapons secrets to China.

In all, Mr. Gowadia is charged with making at least six secret visits to China from 2002 through 2005, and being paid at least $110,000 by Chinese officials for highly classified defense technology supplied through January, according to court papers. Investigators think he was paid as much as $2 million, some of which remains in foreign bank accounts.

The first known compromise was Mr. Gowadia's lecture in a foreign country in 1999 that involved the disclosure of defense secrets. He offered classified defense information to as many as eight foreign nations, the court papers state.

Washington Times - China bought bomber secrets

I really doubt about the H-8
As a far i see, it was concocted by the western media.
The computer-simulated images of the so-called H-8 on the web seem like a type of NASA X-series bomber.
Should the news be true, the PLA wouldn't keep on upgrading the old H-6 bomber.
Though, as a Chinese:china:, I wish the news were true. We need such cool, devastatin:flame:g, long-range, stealth, heavy bombers.
Nevertheless i think it's phony.

Attachments

• 83af4ec515e1ed28eae567aae8fb6511._.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 9
  • a6fdd1240cfeb12bb5c99229832a3670._.jpg
    a6fdd1240cfeb12bb5c99229832a3670._.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 16
    24.6 KB · Views: 12
    16.7 KB · Views: 12
    12.3 KB · Views: 12
    19.4 KB · Views: 13
    15.1 KB · Views: 11
  • a6fdd1240cfeb12bb5c99229832a3670._.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 11
    4 KB · Views: 12
I doubt chinese have attained the level of technological expertize required for such a project unless they have hired the team that built B-2.
chinese are very advance. they only need design. once they get it. they will make it. at my university in uk. My Professor was chinesse. and 6 out 4 networking lecturers were chinese. 1 of them was sikh and another was english.

If I can be fooled sitting in UK by the BBC then you will be equally fooled by the CPC apparatus.

No one is saying China cannot produce good stuff but the technological gap between the EU/USA and China is miles especially in military tech.

The bottom line is that if you think your stealth tech is much more advanced than the USA then good for you.

Regards

Dear Always Neutral

I guess you cann't read Chinese,but we can read both Chinese and English.you cann't read infos from Sina.com,but we can read infos both from Sina.com and CNN.com.

there is a old saying in China.you will be wise if you listen to both side,you will be fooled if you listen to one side.

I know the style of Chinese propaganda,and we know the style of West.
frankly speaking.the style of Chinese offacial Propaganda is delay, conservative and unclear sometime.but no more rumors than West.Chinese government hate rumors very much.rumors always come from West side,the WMD of Iraq is a rumor,the Tibet massacre is a rumor.rumors always come from West,always.Chinese government hate these rumors.

giving there are 10 news really happen.if you read Chinese propaganda,you would find only 7 news,if you read west news,there may be 15.that is their styles,my opinion.

Last edited:
Hi there, a couple of years ago in the Balkans war an F-117 Stealth fighter was shot down or crashed (?) in the former Yugoslavia. It is rumoured that the remains of that jet were shipped out to China or that some Chinese personnel inspected that wreckage. Can anyone corroborate that story? If that is true, then if you factor in that occurence and add to it the Chineses' proficiency in reverse-engineering, then I don't see why the H-8 should only be a paper tiger.

A few years ago the same was said about the Pakistan's nuclear ambition and the JF-17 project then both turned out to be real. The west has an arrogant notion that only they possess the right and the intellectual ability to develop advanced technology.

And rightly so. Why shouldn't one be proud of their hard work and accomplishments?

I'll explain why...

My uncle is a textile engineer who studied in the UK in early 60s. He completed his PHD in textile engineering at Cambridge and one of the first Pakistani to have accomplished the feat in the area. He was offered many lucrative positions in the UK as a professor, scientist, etc. but he choose to come back and do something for Pakistan: he set up two major textile engineering firms in Pakistan. I have no intention to brag about him, but its because of people like him who set up Pakistan's textile industries, and made it one of the major export industries.

According to his research and opinions, China is still 40-50 years behind UK, France and US but its catching up very fast. The fact that China cannot produce advanced engines for military or civilian aircrafts speak volumes of her scientific abilities.

It might catch up in research and development of steel to the US in the next 20-30 years- thats what worries washington the most. We must remember that these western countries have been in existence for 200+ years and have over 200 years of experience in research and development of steel production. Colonialist built railway tracks, sewerage and water systems are still functioning today in the subcontinent should give you an idea of their advancement in steel production and scientific know-how. Whereas China is only 50 years old and way behind in tech areas.

Don't you wonder why western companies such as Boeing and Airbus have such a huge comparative advantage over their adversaries in engine manufacturing and aircraft development? Ever wonder why?

Pakistan is lucky to have a geographically closer and a sincere yet a rising global power friend, China. If we dont fix our internal problems, bring justice and peace in the country, we won't be able to utilize our resources and enhance our trade relationship with the rising Panda.

THere's a lot of hope for Pakistan...

It's a CG, there is no H-8. PLAAF's next generation bomber will be hypersonic trans-atmospheric vehicle capable of dropping payload at Washington D.C. from China in 2 hrs.

And do you mind telling me what this "hypersonic trans-atmospheric" bomber is called? H-9?

And from what I've read, the H-8 does exist. There is more than one PHOTO of it floating around (not just the stupid CGs some fan made).

No doubt with China's military budget, There is a H-8 in the works but i really doubt it will be in any shape to fly till at the latest of 2016.
its wishful thinking if you really expect any better.
The J-xx/j-14 prototype is suspected to have flown last month. or so my source in china tells me.
Developing a stealth bombers is not child's play, it simply cannot be made in 2 to 3 years

Dear Always Neutral

I guess you cann't read Chinese,but we can read both Chinese and English.you cann't read infos from Sina.com,but we can read infos both from Sina.com and CNN.com.

there is a old saying in China.you will be wise if you listen to both side,you will be fooled if you listen to one side.

I know the style of Chinese propaganda,and we know the style of West.
frankly speaking.the style of Chinese offacial Propaganda is delay, conservative and unclear sometime.but no more rumors than West.Chinese government hate rumors very much.rumors always come from West side,the WMD of Iraq is a rumor,the Tibet massacre is a rumor.rumors always come from West,always.Chinese government hate these rumors.

giving there are 10 news really happen.if you read Chinese propaganda,you would find only 7 news,if you read west news,there may be 15.that is their styles,my opinion.

Very well said. Notice how not much news about JF-17, J-10b, etc from China? In fact if you look back at older threads (2-3ys even), many people even doubted existence of J-10, until it 'suddenly' appeared.

Also notice how many foreigners insulted Chinese capabilities, Chinese people intelligence, "copying", etc - but essentially zero response by Chinese people. That's because, it's easier to say than do, but it's better to do than just say. :azn:

China's H-10 stealth bomber secret flight - can carry nuclear bomb

Japan's "Sankei Shimbun" recently published an article mentioned that China developed the strategic nuclear missiles capable of carrying the H-10 stealth bomber has successful test flight. The article said that the research and development base in Qinghai, a secret military base in the Gobi, H-10 stealth bombers from the 1998 R & D, code-named "Project No. 10."

End, the article also said that China got stealth technology from the F117 and B2 "Spirit" stealth technology and the introduction of Russia's bomber technology, the technical development of independent R & D success. H-10's success broke the monopoly of the U.S. stealth, seriously threatening the security of Japan.

On the same day, U.S. military experts khaki Rolla personal Web site commented that the U.S. military as early as two years ago, discovered the existence of H-10 type, and through various channels to be a "natural enemy" of the technical design parameters and operational performance, The United States has fully prepared to meet the "natural enemy" of challenges, including the deployment of the East Pacific Infrared Stealth radars to increase the number of interceptor missiles and so forth.

U.S. B2 "Spirit" stealth bomber

B-2 bomber wing-body integration, non-tail flying-wing configuration, the wing leading edge of the transition at the head office, the wing trailing edge was serrated. Wing fuselage extensive use of graphite / carbon fiber composite materials, honeycomb-like structure, the surface absorbing coating, the generator vents placed in the top of the wing.

This unique contour design and materials, and can effectively avoid radar detection, invisible to achieve a good result. B-2 bomber has three combat missions: One is not to be found in-depth enemy hinterland, high-precision placement of bombs or firing missiles, so that weapons systems with the highest efficiency; second is to detect, identify and destroy moving targets; 3 is to establish deterrence power.

U.S. Air Force threatened, B-2 bombers can be ordered within a few hours after take off from the United States to attack targets anywhere in the world.

Stealth B-2A bomber fuselage length 21.03 meters, 5.18 meters high, has a wingspan of 52.43 meters, the biggest load of bombs 22.68 thousand kilograms. Aircraft is equipped with 4 sets produced by the U.S. General Dynamics F118 - GE-100 turbofan engines.

Aircraft in the air without refueling in case operational range of up to 1.2 million km, air refueling and once for up to 1.8 thousand kilometers. For each mission flight time is normally less than 10 hours, the Air Force said it has "global reach" and "global destruction" capability. B-2A set a variety of sophisticated technology in one, but because of radar-evading capabilities, was hailed by experts, "military aircraft of this century, a milestone in the history of the development."

According to reports, B-52 bomber, the radar reflection cross-section of 1,000 square meters, the MiG -29 to 25 square meters, B-lB for less than l square meters, while the B-2A, less than 0. 1 square meter, only the equivalent of a bird in the sky section of radar reflectivity, which makes it difficult to find the general radar.

China H-10 Stealth Bomber

H-10 stealth strategic bombers, which is a B2 stealth bombers with the United States similar to the large aircraft, is secretly developing China's aviation who in recent years, so in the past few of its sources, is now turned out to, of course, national leaders people are happy, but also allow the Chinese people feel proud! Because it broke the American monopoly in this field, but also the Russian people walking in front of the offensive strategy of the Chinese Air Force has played a decisive role. The possibility of this argument was basically 100%.

H-10 stealth bombers basic information

Empty weight :47880-52,912 kilograms,
Length: 24.03 meters,,,
Height: 4.51 meters,
Wingspan: 65.27 meters,
Maximum load of bombs: 25,254 kilograms cruising speed,
Degree: 1.1
Mach Range: 13,328 kilometers,
Maximum Takeoff Weight: 205.74 thousand kilograms.
Weapon systems: nuclear bombs, conventional bombs, cluster bombs, cruise missiles, air to air missile.
Radar reflection cross-section: less than 0.2 square meters.

China Arsenal: China's H-10 stealth bomber secret flight - can carry nuclear bomb

The article is a wishful hypothesis not reality.

H-6K can deliver nuclear tipped cruise missiles and even Q-5 could carry nuclear bombs. We don't just need stealth bomber to deliver a bomb.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom