What's new

China's what-if Stealth Bomber projects H-8/-9/-10

Very Innovation is based on previous works in those fields... China is the best Copycat in the world....True! .... But who has stopped the others to do the same and capture the market!

Do the same if others can!

I don't see China gets much meaningful/substantial military help from any developed countries. It only purchases a lot from Russia. Helps from US, etc. are all trashed in 1989...

Copycat wise, it is not bad: just as a toddler mimicking the walk of an adults, as a stage of transition to be matured.

To be frank and neutral, the chinese are the best copycats in the world and most of the military tech that they have developed, is reverse engineered.

It does not matter how you get military tech.

But doing illegal activities, earns more enemies than friends, and one day the whole of developed world could stand against china.

Ahhh what do we have here? A black sheep. Dude better change your flag, dont need to pretend.
And as for china being a copycat, just check the history again, even countires like the US and UK have also copied stuff. The first jet was a german one, latter UK studied it and then from there the design was studied and copied by the US. Just a piece of history for you.

To be frank and neutral, the chinese are the best copycats in the world and most of the military tech that they have developed, is reverse engineered.

It does not matter how you get military tech.

But doing illegal activities, earns more enemies than friends, and one day the whole of developed world could stand against china.

US stole technology from Germany, passed it to the Brits and Israeli's. Russia spied for decades on USA and copied Tu-144 and Tu-160.
Indian spies have been caught for trying to smuggle sensitive technology to India and in another case B-2 Stealth technology to China.
My point is that spying is a comon practice, most developped nations are guilty of stealing technology from eachother so why condemn China only?

It doesn't matter how you got it, the point is that you have it and you're able to build it.

not true~~omg you guys often cheating and searching these on the web~~all is cheating~

Dear Always Neutral

You never been to china are u? It is true that Chinese Gonvernment sometimes cheating to us by the newspaper TV or other media. However do you know it is true BBC is also cheat to you, aha~ I m a Chinese in Ireland and i v been to some countries of EU. I can say that i know the truth of both China and European Union. China is pretty good especially the easten China. I think any big city in easten china is not worse than any city in the world. the sallaries living standards and constructions.
In other side, I always see that the TV station in EU always screen some impact of china in 1960s-1970s, and say it is the realistic china right now... i think it's a totally stupid idea to cheat you guys.
Come to China sometime. Don't be a frog in the well knows nothing of the great ocean.

Executive overview: Jane's Strategic Weapon Systems - Jane's Defence News
Executive overview: Jane's Strategic Weapon Systems - Jane's Defence News
03 July 2008

This overview presents a broad outline of the key events associated with Jane's Strategic Weapon Systems over the last 12 months.

- US reports state that there were around 100 foreign ballistic missile flight tests in 2007, with the majority of these tested by China, Iran and the Russian Federation. In addition, the US stated that 30 nations had deployed operational ballistic missiles. Unlike earlier years no further details were provided by the US, and so it is not possible to assess the types, ranges or numbers of missiles tested by individual nations. It is unfortunate, as it prevents a clear understanding of 'the threat' as it is being described by the intelligence communities.

- Iran displayed Ghadr-1 (upgraded Shahab 3) and Fateh-3 (upgraded Fateh A-110) (September 2007). Iran announced the Ashoura ballistic missile, with a range of 2,000 km (November 2007), which Israeli and US reports described as being a two-stage solid propellant IRBM. Iran was reported to have started building ballistic missile silos near to Tabriz, in the north-western region of the country (February 2008). Iran states that it will install a further 6,000 centrifuges at the Natanz facility, to enrich uranium (March 2008).

- China's new Jin class (Type 094) SSBN was pictured alongside dock (July 2007). China showed pictures of new DF-25 IRBM (July 2007). China launched Chang'e 1 lunar orbiter (October 2007). China is estimated to have 400 to 500 nuclear warheads fitted to operational missiles, bombs and held in reserve (November 2007). China is developing H-8 stealth bomber, to carry cruise missiles.

- Quasi/semi-ballistic missile developments are increasing defence problems by introducing low trajectories, manoeuvres in flight, and unexpected changes in direction and range. These include ICBM, SLBM as well as several new SRBM. In addition, ballistic missiles may be achieving sufficient accuracy to threaten capital ships. The three-stage version of the Russian Federation's Club (3M54 or SS-N-27 Sizzler B) cruise missile, has a small third stage resembling the size of a re-entry vehicle from a ballistic missile.

- Pakistan made first flight test of Ra'ad (Hatf 8) cruise missile (August 2007). Pakistan made fifth test of Babur cruise missile (December 2007). Pakistan made fifth and sixth tests of Shaheen 2 IRBM (April 2008). Pakistan government implied that around 50 nuclear warheads are available (March 2008).

- Syria reported to have ordered Iranian Tondar (C-802) cruise missiles, for ground launching and fitting on Tir fast attack craft (July 2007). Syria reported to be developing and building a version of the Iranian Fateh A-110 SRBM (August 2007). Syrian nuclear reactor project destroyed by Israeli aircraft (September 2007).

- India to develop Nirbhay cruise missile, with range of 1,000 km (July 2007). India to develop Agni 4 ICBM with MIRV and decoys (December 2007). India first test of K-15, perhaps a modified Sagarika design, cruise missile from submerged pontoon (February 2008).

- Russia tested modified R-29RM (SS-N-23) Sineva SLBM (August and December 2007). Russia tested RS-24 ICBM with three MIRV (December 2007). Russia tested RS-12M (SS-25) ICBM with manoeuvring RV (December 2007).
511 of 9,284 words

End of non-subscriber extract
© 2008 Jane's Information Group
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Janes mention H-8 Stealth bomber recently , so this must be real.:eek:
Other news on the internet reports the new bomber will enter active service in the PLAAF by 2010. The bomber will replace the old H-6 bombers that the PLAAF have in active service.

Here are only SOME of the features:
-high-tech blended wing-body design
-fly-by-wire controls
-angled fuselage
-internal fuel tanks.
-carbon fiber and composite materials
-rotating weapons profile bay
-mapping radar, satellite data links and advanced digital mapping systems
-nanometer coating
-4 turbo-fan engines - based on the WS-10A

I doubt chinese have attained the level of technological expertize required for such a project unless they have hired the team that built B-2.

Ahhh what do we have here? A black sheep. Dude better change your flag, dont need to pretend.
And as for china being a copycat, just check the history again, even countires like the US and UK have also copied stuff. The first jet was a german one, latter UK studied it and then from there the design was studied and copied by the US. Just a piece of history for you.

Dear IC,

You could not be more wrong. We had our own separate programm for the Glosters which flew in 1943. The Germans had a separate program which ended with the ME 262. However after the end of World War II the russians captured this technology and used it to start their MIG line.

Regards

The Gloster Meteor was the first British jet fighter and the Allies' first operational jet. Designed by George Carter, it first flew in 1943 and commenced operations on 27 July 1944 with 616 Squadron of the Royal Air Force (RAF). The Gloster Meteor was not an aerodynamically advanced aircraft, nor even the world's fastest aircraft on introduction, but the Gloster design team succeeded in producing an effective jet fighter that served the RAF and other air forces for decades. Meteors saw action with the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) in the Korean War and remained in service with numerous air forces until the 1970s.

Dear Always Neutral

You never been to china are u? It is true that Chinese Gonvernment sometimes cheating to us by the newspaper TV or other media. However do you know it is true BBC is also cheat to you, aha~ I m a Chinese in Ireland and i v been to some countries of EU. I can say that i know the truth of both China and European Union. China is pretty good especially the easten China. I think any big city in easten china is not worse than any city in the world. the sallaries living standards and constructions.
In other side, I always see that the TV station in EU always screen some impact of china in 1960s-1970s, and say it is the realistic china right now... i think it's a totally stupid idea to cheat you guys.
Come to China sometime. Don't be a frog in the well knows nothing of the great ocean.

If I can be fooled sitting in UK by the BBC then you will be equally fooled by the CPC apparatus.

No one is saying China cannot produce good stuff but the technological gap between the EU/USA and China is miles especially in military tech.

The bottom line is that if you think your stealth tech is much more advanced than the USA then good for you.

Regards

to get it

mention nothing else

i've seen the chinese R-R engine made for the fbc-1 13 years ago.

it borned in china 30years ago.

China bought bomber secrets
Originally published 12:24 a.m., November 23, 2006, updated 12:00 a.m., November 23, 2006

China obtained secret stealth technology used on B-2 bomber engines from a Hawaii-based spy ring in a compromise U.S. officials say will allow Beijing to copy or counter a key weapon in the Pentagon's new strategy against China.

Details of the classified defense technology related to the B-2's engine exhaust system and its ability to avoid detection by infrared sensors were sold to Chinese officials by former defense contractor Noshir S. Gowadia, an Indian-born citizen charged with spying in a federal indictment released by prosecutors in Hawaii.

Additionally, Mr. Gowadia provided extensive technical assistance to Chinese weapons designers in developing a cruise missile with an engine exhaust system that is hard to detect by radar, according to court papers made public recently.

He also helped the Chinese modify a cruise missile so that it can intercept U.S. air-to-air missiles, and helped Chinese weapons designers improve testing and measurement facilities, the court papers state.

Most of the indictment, handed up Nov. 8, outlines how the engineer helped China develop a radar-evading stealth exhaust nozzle for a cruise missile engine.

Additionally, the court papers indicated that Mr. Gowadia sent e-mails to Israel, Germany, and Switzerland in 2002 and 2004 that contained data labeled "secret" and "top secret" that was related to U.S. stealth technology intended for use in the TH-98 Eurocopter and for foreign commercial aircraft.

One computer file found in Mr. Gowadia's Maui, Hawaii, home was a file containing the radar cross-sections of U.S. B-1 and F-15 jets and the Air Force's air-launched cruise missile, information that would be useful to countering those systems by anti-aircraft missiles or other air defense weapons.

The case is the second major military technology espionage case involving China. Earlier this year, two Chinese-born brothers in Los Angeles were arrested as suspects in passing Navy warship and submarine weapons secrets to China.

In all, Mr. Gowadia is charged with making at least six secret visits to China from 2002 through 2005, and being paid at least $110,000 by Chinese officials for highly classified defense technology supplied through January, according to court papers. Investigators think he was paid as much as $2 million, some of which remains in foreign bank accounts.

The first known compromise was Mr. Gowadia's lecture in a foreign country in 1999 that involved the disclosure of defense secrets. He offered classified defense information to as many as eight foreign nations, the court papers state.

Washington Times - China bought bomber secrets

lol, China certainly does have the capability of developing this....but 2010 is optimistic.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom