What's new

China's three kinds of new and improved exposure J-11D

By backup do you mean prototype?

A possible fallback i guess....rather than a back up.....But with JXX in final stages....J-11D would be history unless PLAAF wanted to replace J-11B's with J-11D

the way i see it

J-11-------replaced by-------> J-11B

SU-30 MKK---------------> J-11 BS

Carrier-------------------> J-11C/J-10S

J-11B------------------> J-11 D/ JXX

in fact, according to the article, the so called j11-D is prepared for the next 10 year during which chinese 4 generation J-20 has not yet been finished or manufactured in a large number while the threat from F22 and F35 increases drastically.

after 2020, the j-11D will be used to replace J-11 and J-11B

further more it is also used to balance the benefits of chengdu and shengyang

will J-11D be oprimized for Airsuperiority or Multirole?

will J-11D be oprimized for Airsuperiority or Multirole?

personally i think the so called J-11D (shengyang calls it 3.8 generation)will be for airsuperiority, since i its task is to defense the threat of f22 before chinese real 4 generation come out, so it will sacrifice some of its multirole capability in order to enhance its stealth capability and mobility.

personally i think the so called J-11D (shengyang calls it 3.8 generation)will be for airsuperiority, since i its task is to defense the threat of f22 before chinese real 4 generation come out, so it will sacrifice some of its multirole capability in order to enhance its stealth capability and mobility.

but against F-22?..... do you really think it would be as capable.

but against F-22?..... do you really think it would be as capable.

do not forget its task is to fight against f22 in chinese territory,where many radars and HQ-9,S-300 will offer helps. surely 1 J-11D can not beat 1 F-22 ,but what about 3 or even more? furthermore the PLA has no better choice, they have to do that before 2020

Crew: one pilot

Length: 19.4 meters

Wingspan: 14.25 meters

Full Height: 5.35 meters

Wing area: 79.04 square meters

Empty weight: 14,879 kg

General take-off weight: 25,457 kg

Maximum Takeoff Weight: 36,899 kg

Engine: 2 China-made turbo fan-10B engines, 155.7 kN

Speed: 2.35 Mach (1,600 miles / h, 251.8 km / h)

Cruise speed: Mach 1.85 (1,320 miles / hour, 1,987 km / h)

Flight range: 1,700 miles (1,940 nautical miles, 3,160 km), to add a two drop tanks

Maximum ceiling: 21,000 meters

Wing loading: 352 kg / m2

Thrust: 350 kN (afterburner) 199.8 kN (general)

Maximum G limits:-3.1G / +9.2 G

Takeoff roll distance: 598 meters

Landing run distance: 895 meters

Combat radius: 2875 km

Maximum dive speed: 2.68 Mach

Maximum payload: 15.34 thousand kilograms

Maximum takeoff weight: 28,273 kilograms

Empty weight: 14,235 kilograms

ha ha ha a same jet have different spec. in fact the last one is super:china:

Max TK Wt: 28,273 Kg
Emt Wt : 14,235 Kg

But MAX PAYLOAD is ---> 15.34 t (15,340 Kg)

Look 28,273-14,235=14,038:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Flight range: 1,700 miles (1,940 nautical miles, 3,160 km), to add a two drop tanks but Combat radius: 2875 km what a utter bs

ha ha ha

do not forget its task is to fight against f22 in chinese territory,where many radars and HQ-9,S-300 will offer helps. surely 1 J-11D can not beat 1 F-22 ,but what about 3 or even more? furthermore the PLA has no better choice, they have to do that before 2020

But we must also remember that there wont be 1 F-22 when coming on strike in Chinese territory. they will send about two squadrons. and equipped with JSOWs they will just hit and run. they will have the advantage of stealth....I mean they would already be well inside before detection......So J-11Ds or J-10s will have a very narrow window of opportunity to intercept them.....All they would need to do would be penetrate unnoticed....launch the missile or bombs and cruise away.

But we must also remember that there wont be 1 F-22 when coming on strike in Chinese territory. they will send about two squadrons. and equipped with JSOWs they will just hit and run. they will have the advantage of stealth....I mean they would already be well inside before detection......So J-11Ds or J-10s will have a very narrow window of opportunity to intercept them.....All they would need to do would be penetrate unnoticed....launch the missile or bombs and cruise away.

of course,china is to equip more than 100 J-11D, if US strike chinese territory, the PLA will use cruise missile and ballastic missile to strike us base in korea,japan and Guam. then, their F22 will be useless

of course,china is to equip more than 100 J-11D, if US strike chinese territory, the PLA will use cruise missile and ballastic missile to strike us base in korea,japan and Guam. then, their F22 will be useless.

If its to be inducted keeping USAF in mind, dont you think 100 is pretty small number?

i dun understand when China J-xx program is on the way then why
j-11d and as chinese officals said that j-xx will enter servise in next
5-6 years then why they will make j-11d to counter threat of f-22 when they already have J-xx

Secondly you never know with china about waht is going to happen they are so unpredictable they can reveal anythng at any time u cant b sure unless and untill the aircraft is fully revealed in Public coz Chinese official never admit any possible program undergoing

U can look back history will tell u the J-10 program,Jf-17 program n u can go on and on and on:pakistan::china:

If its to be inducted keeping USAF in mind, dont you think 100 is pretty small number?

USA has limit the number of F-22 to ~120 ( the numbers can be 10 more or 10 less) coz F-22 was costing alot even a country like USA having $ 650 billion budget didnt afford it due to the current economic currench and pressure of opposition as we know that Chinese equipment is always of very low cost so theyn can make
3 J-xx in cost of a single F-22 raptor ( if J-xx program is rightly on its way) so possible 250-300 J-xx will be gud against ~122 raptors:cheers:

I think this is more of a propoganda exercise to counter the propoganda by Russia for the PAK-FA.

I asked the Indians to stop jumping up and down for the over exaggerated succcess of PAK-FA and now I would ask Pakistanis to stop doing the same.

USA has limit the number of F-22 to ~120 ( the numbers can be 10 more or 10 less) coz F-22 was costing alot even a country like USA having $ 650 billion budget didnt afford it due to the current economic currench and pressure of opposition as we know that Chinese equipment is always of very low cost so theyn can make
3 J-xx in cost of a single F-22 raptor ( if J-xx program is rightly on its way) so possible 250-300 J-xx will be gud against ~122 raptors:cheers:

183 F22 only. There would be F35, and countless stealth drones.
250-300 j-xx would not be sufficient. And being defensive, for such a huge area, 300 is too small a number.
Besides, I believe, PLAAF will never be satisfied with such a small number.

183 F22 only. There would be F35, and countless stealth drones.
250-300 j-xx would not be sufficient. And being defensive, for such a huge area, 300 is too small a number.
Besides, I believe, PLAAF will never be satisfied with such a small number.

well they will have what the budget allows and threats make necessary, if jxx is the "high end" then 250-300 is more than enough as their primary task would be to fight the f-22s while a lesser capable stealth jet handles the f-35 and then there are the rest of the aircraft like the j-10 and j-11, of course china has always spoken of arms for defense thus under all current scenarios the fight would be on or near Chinese soil thus even less is needed due to support from sams, ground radar and others

Back
Top Bottom