ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
I wonder if this could be China's future ship based laser? :coffee:

55539005201106282244181655578026371_000.jpg

55539005201106282244181655578026371_001.jpg

55539005201106282244181655578026371_002.jpg

If this is the same laser the Chinese used to blind US satellites, it would not be powerful enough to intercept incoming missiles or aircraft.

I still do not know where you guys got the notion that a laser defense system would be deployed on the future destroyers.

If this is the same laser the Chinese used to blind US satellites, it would not be powerful enough to intercept incoming missiles or aircraft.

I still do not know where you guys got the notion that a laser defense system would be deployed on the future destroyers.

According to several reliable senior members, the first batch of the Type 052D gonna be installed with the laser defense system, and the second batch with the railgun.

25_173056_14b5ffed8bcbede.jpg

americans have been trying that without much success since 1980s..Lets see if chinese version is any better.

americans have been trying that without much success since 1980s..Lets see if chinese version is any better.

USA has spent too much time with the chemical laser, while China is now taking a completely different path.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
"Divine Light III" is not a solid state laser and is used for fusion research. We don't know what the mystery shipborne laser is called.

According to several reliable senior members, the first batch of the Type 052D gonna be installed with the laser defense system, and the second batch with the railgun.

25_173056_14b5ffed8bcbede.jpg

And did these "senior reliable members" say anything about the first Type 052D launch date?

And did these "senior reliable members" say anything about the first Type 052D launch date?

Of course, many of them are simply genius and insiders, and they knew the existence of J-20 back many years ago.

Over 90% of their statements have been later confirmed true.

The Type 052D gonna be launched around the circa 2012-2014.

The U.S. navy will continue research in the field of chemical and solid state lasers. However I think that it would be better to cut fundings in those areas and dedicate them to free electron lasers instead. Free electron lasers could generate higher frequency light that is less prone to interference from atmospheric effects. This is a major advantage on the open sea.

The U.S. navy will continue research in the field of chemical and solid state lasers. However I think that it would be better to cut fundings in those areas and dedicate them to free electron lasers instead. Free electron lasers could generate higher frequency light that is less prone to interference from atmospheric effects. This is a major advantage on the open sea.

I am not an expert laser, but according to the senior members, China will try to grasp all kind of lasers, because they all serve the different purposes.

Back
Top Bottom