What's new

China's solid-state laser, "The Divine Laser III"

No, that's the thing. I read the report many years ago. The reason why I remember it is because it stated that China is 15 years ahead of the US in laser weapons research. I have my doubts, but it still stuck out.

Was the report in English? Not even the big shrimps on CD thinks that. Most would agree that the reverse is probably true.

Was the report in English? Not even the big shrimps on CD thinks that. Most would agree that the reverse is probably true.

江山 活捉 龙虾 刀大 布大 all those big shrimps do believe so.

China should research FEL laser and solid-state laser quickly. China's laser research is 15 years BEHIND USA's.

You will probably have huge surprise in the next 5 years.

One advantage that China may have though is that if the top boys are really, really, really into this weapon, they could allocate a huge amount of money to it. If this is the case then the engineers won't have to worry about funds.

You will probably have huge surprise in the next 5 years.

LOL i probably had a hunch that China's laser research is not that far behind, but with that being said, it would be foolish to underestimate US, so what i'm implying is that China ought to accelerate research on lasers like as if their very existence depended on it lol.

One advantage that China may have though is that if the top boys are really, really, really into this weapon, they could allocate a huge amount of money to it. If this is the case then the engineers won't have to worry about funds.

Since the era of Mao, China never once gave up its research on laser. Therefore, i don't think the fund is a problem.

LOL i probably had a hunch that China's laser research is not that far behind, but with that being said, it would be foolish to underestimate US, so what i'm implying is that China ought to accelerate research on lasers like as if their very existence depended on it lol.

Bro, if you are a big military fan of PLA, then 2010-2020 will probably be a great decade of moment for you. :D

Of course, USA right now is still number one, how we can be foolish enough to underestimate it? :azn:

Can you post the picture of the hard kill laser test on the army 122 mm rocket?

And where did you hear of the HQ-26?

You don't need to focuse on the fuzzy picture or the leaks which don't prove too much.I would say time will tell.Acturlly not only the laser weapon,but other projects need your patience to wait.The following ten years you won't need to worry that the Chinese defence industry will not impress you.

这个只是试验品而已。和前两代一样不会投产的

You don't need to focuse on the fuzzy picture or the leaks which don't prove too much.I would say time will tell.Acturlly not only the laser weapon,but other projects need your patience to wait.The following ten years you won't need to worry that the Chinese defence industry will not impress you.

But would you mind posting the photo?

If China does develop such I could envision the US gov making a huge push to completing the tech as well, much as Thomas said. In this way I guess it would be a bit of a boon for US DEW advocates if China completed one.

If China does develop such I could envision the US gov making a huge push to completing the tech as well, much as Thomas said. In this way I guess it would be a bit of a boon for US DEW advocates if China completed one.

I think they deverloping this type of weapon is pretty much independent on china having one, but offcourse this will spure their progress more.

On another note apparently chinese agents have approached metal storm company with offers of 100 million to set their company in china back in 2000. They were refused so now were developing thier own equivalents.

Improvements in supercomputing will not reduce development time so much as allowing more projects to be developed in parallel.

Back
Top Bottom