What's new

China's movie market to rival Hollywood

I won't blame the bollywood audience for not knowing what is "Wu Xia" genre, but I'm surprised Iranian does't know.

Wu Xia genre is based on chinese fantasy novel, no different from what the superheros in Marvel comics are to the Americans. It is absurd to see the superheros with power and flying around?
http://wuxiapedia.com/About/The-Wuxia-genre

Now contrast this with Bollywood, your day-to-day people fighting like superheros. If that's what Indian audience like, fine. What's laughable is the sheer stupidity of action scene and stunts. It's simply ridiculous and amateurish. (let's not even go into the plot)

ignoring your attempts at trolling let me tell you that's because those Bollywood movies shows a complete replica of problems faced by South Asian community or as you like to call it Bollywood audience and you know it gives us kind of hope thing those actors represents what majority of us South Asians dream them self of to become strong enough and fight against corruption, goons, evil politicians, injustice etc that's why most people in developing countries love watching these kind of movies as the situation here improves slowly these kind of depictions in our day to day movies will fade away and what would you say about non fantasy Kung fu movies like for example Rumble in the Bronx in that movie Jackie single-handedly takes down an entire street bike gang the only difference between that and Indian ones is a better fight choreography nothing more

Bollywood is much to do with dancing and singing for 2 hrs long movies, worse than the 80's MTV music video show.

lol every Iranian missile is developed using technology transfer from China. Go read about Shahab missiles and your anti-ship missiles. All Chinese technology.

50 cent in Renminbi can feed 1,000 Iranians for a month considering the collapse of the Iranian currency lol. Do you realise how many Iranians would beg to get 50 cents in Renminbi.

Without us buying your oil, Iran would have no money and Iran would further spiral into a failed state.

Funny, you being so anti-Chinese when without our money, our weapons technology and our UN veto power, Iran would be back in the stone age.

I just realized that vodka is available in china !!!

talking out of your @$$ kido ...

You are talking about Shahab liquid fuel missiles !?

For your information , our liquid fuel rocket technology was based on Soviet technology not chinese !

Now we have Solid fuel BMs ... & Liquid fuel space rockets under development which are compeletly Iranian technology ...

I respect chinese people alot ... but there is no respect for unrespectful persons !

I just realized that vodka is available in china !!!

talking out of your @$$ kido ...

You are talking about Shahab liquid fuel missiles !?

For your information , our liquid fuel rocket technology was based on Soviet technology not chinese !

Now we have Solid fuel BMs ... & Liquid fuel space rockets under development which are compeletly Iranian technology ...

I respect chinese people alot ... but there is no respect for unrespectful persons !

Iran totally depend on Russia and China to save your ***, that a reality.

Bollywood is much to do with dancing and singing for 2 hrs long movies, worse than the 80's MTV music video show.

Say, thanks to British rule in Hongkong otherwise Mainland's film industry didn't evolve much in last 65 years.

Last edited:
ignoring your attempts at trolling let me tell you that's because those Bollywood movies shows a complete replica of problems faced by South Asian community or as you like to call it Bollywood audience and you know it gives us kind of hope thing those actors represents what majority of us South Asians dream them self of to become strong enough and fight against corruption, goons, evil politicians, injustice etc that's why most people in developing countries love watching these kind of movies as the situation here improves slowly these kind of depictions in our day to day movies will fade away and what would you say about non fantasy Kung fu movies like for example Rumble in the Bronx in that movie Jackie single-handedly takes down an entire street bike gang the only difference between that and Indian ones is a better fight choreography nothing more

Why is it that stating something factual is always construed as trolling to indians? If you want to have civil discussion, unlike the two brainless indians troll, indic and shinigami, I'll be glad to partake.

Films do reflect the society. Heroic theme, good triumphs evil, is popular across all cultures and countries, rich or poor. Super Hero or Wu Xia genre uses the same theme as well. Bollywood is no different. It's not about giving people hope or that South Asia is poor. Iran is poor too, but they make some good movies, though I'm sure they have crap ones as well.

The thing about Bollywood, it's film-making is bad, not so much the theme. Leave aside script and cinematography, look at the stunt choreography. Watch the video posted here, an indian cop sent a man flying n spinning in the air just by lifting his ear???? Jackie Chan doesn't do shit like that, even character in fantasy/super hero wouldn't attempt such ludicrous move.

Every action film is dramatized to a degree. Jackie Chan taking out a gang of bikers may not be realistic in real life, but it's as real as any action movie can be. It can't be compared to the stupid stunts of Bollywood. Go to Youtube, watch and read the comments for yourself.

My original post was directed at the indian trolls who know nothing abt different genre of films, doing a Bollywood vs Wu Xia comparison. They're as brainless as they are delusional, don't blame me for giving them arrogant but factual reply.

Last edited:
Indians and Chinese can argue about relative importance, but the fact remains that nether can hold a candle to Hollywood in terms of global dominance and influence.

Note that I am simply taking of global penetration, not quality of films or anything else. A lot of it has to do with marketing, and on one does it better than Hollywood.

Most ordinary people just want to be entertained; they are not looking for high art when they go out Saturday night.

No one is arguing whether Indian or Chinese is better than Hollywood. Everyone knows the quality of each respective movies industry, but two brainless indians who can't discern between movie genres, had to start comparing dumb Bollywood action flick with Wu Xia.

No one is arguing whether Indian or Chinese is better than Hollywood. Everyone knows the quality of each respective movies industry, but two brainless indians who can't discern between movie genres, had to start comparing dumb Bollywood action flick with Wu Xia.

I am not even talking about "better" because I don't want to compare art.

I was just talking about influence and global presence.
Hollywood wins simply because it has better marketing, not because it has better movies.

Everyone knows about the Oscars.
Hardly anyone knows about awards in other movie industries.

I am not even talking about "better" because I don't want to compare art.

I was just talking about influence and global presence.
Everyone knows about the Oscars.
Hardly anyone knows about awards in other movie industries.

That's what I'm saying. I said, "no one" is comparing, be it "better," global influence or presence.

I was talking about the indian trolls who had to compare bollywood action with Wu Xia, two different genres. Hence, all the trolling.

Last edited:
Kid, we are Chinese. We don't take crap from weaker countries like India, Iran, Pakistan, Vietnam, Philippines or any other country for that matter. We do what we want, when we want.

But you take crap from USA & you can't do what you want ! :coffee:

..….....….. /¯//)
............./¯..//
............/....//
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯')
.../'/.../..../......./¨¯
.('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
...................'....../
...'................ _./
................... (

Nice piece of art !

I was talking about the indian trolls who had to compare bollywood action with Wu Xia, two different genres. Hence, all the trolling.

You mean to say it ok to show flying humans in Wuxia genre before criticizing actions in Indian movies.

Tell me the meaning of that, my English is weak.

Cry me a river >>> Piss on my face !!!

And not all Iranians are like the Iranians on this forum.

Most Iranians I meet in real life are not such anti-Pakistan, anti-China, pro-India boot lickers as we see on this forum.

You don't count your own members & their daily insults !?

they call Iranians non-muslims & rafidi !!!

" Cutting Iranian's head is more than Halal because they are shia " :butcher:

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom