What's new

China's movie market to rival Hollywood

if you think thats good, watch a chinese kung fu movie. people actually fly half the time. effective mode of transport

Makes me think of "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" Really liked that film.

lol every Iranian missile is developed using technology transfer from China. Go read about Shahab missiles and your anti-ship missiles. All Chinese technology.

50 cent in Renminbi can feed 1,000 Iranians for a month considering the collapse of the Iranian currency lol. Do you realise how many Iranians would beg to get 50 cents in Renminbi.

Without us buying your oil, Iran would have no money and Iran would further spiral into a failed state.

Funny, you being so anti-Chinese when without our money, our weapons technology and our UN veto power, Iran would be back in the stone age.

dude , are u high ? :lol:

@rmi5 , i dont visit this forum much recently , still there are funny ppl lurking around here :lol:

Indians and Chinese can argue about relative importance, but the fact remains that nether can hold a candle to Hollywood in terms of global dominance and influence.

Note that I am simply taking of global penetration, not quality of films or anything else. A lot of it has to do with marketing, and on one does it better than Hollywood.

Most ordinary people just want to be entertained; they are not looking for high art when they go out Saturday night.

I agree, nothing can match Hollywood and I wrote it in the beginning.

lol we don't care about the opinion of Iranians. Your country is isolated and your people are treated as dirt.

Iranians and Indians are kooky religious nutjobs.

We look down on Iranians and Indians.

And we look down on pathetic zombies like you.

With an inability to think for yourself.

Our Indian Cinema has more of an impact than chinese films. No one outside of cheen cares about cheeni culture while is disgustingly overnationalistic. At least Bollywood is enjoyed all over East Europe, to Africa, and the Middle East.

Our Indian Cinema has more of an impact than chinese films. No one outside of cheen cares about cheeni culture while is disgustingly overnationalistic. At least Bollywood is enjoyed all over East Europe, to Africa, and the Middle East.
Lol. Prove with stats. I am willing to bet if you asked any ordinary Americans or european to name a Chinese movie they can at least name one. whereas they won't be able to name even one Bollywood film.

Lol. Prove with stats. I am willing to bet if you asked any ordinary Americans or european to name a Chinese movie they can at least name one. whereas they won't be able to name even one Bollywood film.

As a matter of fact, nobody talks about Bollywood but Indians themselves. Of course we have heard of Bollywood but rather as a joke than being taken seriously. I have yet to see an Indian movie played in our mainstream or art house movie theatres outside of some festivals . Even than, India movies are shown every blue moon night, as Chinese, Korean and Japanese are always shown.

Chinese movies like In the Mood for Love, Farewell my Concubine, Raise the Red Lantern, Chunking Express, Crouching Tiger - Hidden Dragon, Infernal Affair and so many others have become a cinematic canon of any self-respecting movie fan in Europe. Plenty of Hollywood directors have copied Chinese movie styles such as Tarantino.

It seems Indians are living in a parallel universe where place 95 make them leading in charity and soliloquy of their silly Bollywood makes it important in the cinematic world. LOL

What the hell are you talking about? Are you serious?

Beijingwalker always posts fishing thread with nonsense. And you guys take it for real.

As a matter of fact, nobody talks about Bollywood but Indians themselves. Of course we have heard of Bollywood but rather as a joke than being taken seriously. I have yet to see an Indian movie played in our mainstream or art house movie theatres outside of some festivals . Even than, India movies are shown every blue moon night, as Chinese, Korean and Japanese are always shown.

Chinese movies like In the Mood for Love, Farewell my Concubine, Raise the Red Lantern, Chunking Express, Crouching Tiger - Hidden Dragon, Infernal Affair and so many others have become a cinematic canon of any self-respecting movie fan in Europe. Plenty of Hollywood directors have copied Chinese movie styles such as Tarantino.

It seems Indians are living in a parallel universe where place 95 make them leading in charity and soliloquy of their silly Bollywood makes it important in the cinematic world. LOL

http://www.hoyts.com.au

I watched Gravity a couple of days ago. There's a massive Dhoom 3 advertisement all across the cinema.

Tarantino has copied Chinese cinema? Right, buddy, right. Kill Bill has a lot of different styles in it, that's what made him a genius. Stfu and gtfo

I love wuxia flicks, particularly the fighting scenes, it's like ballet with fist and sword. IIRC, Matrix fight choreography was directed by a Chinese master who also did the choreography of Crouching Tiger and Hidden Dragon.

You might like this movie. 14 Blades (2010)

Back
Top Bottom