What's new

China's crazy High-speed (CRH) network viewed from the universe by May

China has done wonders in a lot of fields. Its an other issue that it's adversaries chose not to acknowledge those. :agree:

I know it very well and you do not have to tell me that.

I know they have been publishing second most number of research papers every year,

China is a very old civilization like we are and it has been inventing things for mankind for thousands of year.

And if you think we(Indians) are their adversaries than you are wrong, there is a sense of competition and lots of admiration for Chinese people. How they developed themselves in the last three decades is nothing short of wonder.

Yes I am envy of them (in a positive manner) and want our country to replicate what they have done.

You have no idea, How much we Indians admire Chinese people, we have been co existing for thousands of year and will continue to do so.

Every other day a new Chinese company is opening a new manufacturing or research center in India and we have so much to learn from them and maybe we can teach a thing or two to them as well.

Small skirmishes aside we aren't going to fight each other.

regards

I know it very well and you do not have to tell me that.

I know they have been publishing second most number of research papers every year,

China is a very old civilization like we are and it has been inventing things for thousands of year.

And if you think we(Indians) are their adversaries than you are wrong, there is a sense of competition and lots of admiration for Chinese people. How they developed themselves in the last three decades is nothing short of wonder.

Yes I am envy of them (in a positive manner) and want our country to replicate what they have done.

You have no idea, How much we Indians admire Chinese people, we have been co existing for thousands of year and will continue to do so.

Every other day a new Chinese company is opening a new manufacturing or research center in India and we have so much to learn from them and maybe we can teach a thing or two to them as well.

Small skirmishes aside we aren't going to fight each other.

regards
The western world try to dis China and it's accomplishments, every day they churn out articles and media reports reflecting China in bad light. As for using the word adversary it was only in general context, but since you have elaborated your stance, you seem like one of a kind 'China loving Indian'........Your compatriots here on defence.pk represent a different narrative, but anyways that's not the topic.

Wow... absolutely stunning... We indians need to learn a lot from chinese about hardwork and dedication.. hopefully modi will instill that in the government organizations and drive towards prosperity... and to chinese, you are wonderful people and with a mindset and determination like yours, u ppl are virtually unstoppable.

The western world try to dis China and it's accomplishments, every day they churn out articles and media reports reflecting China in bad light. As for using the word adversary it was only in general context, but since you have elaborated your stance, you seem like one of a kind 'China loving Indian'........Your compatriots here on defence.pk represent a different narrative, but anyways that's not the topic.

Yes.. most indians differ with chinese in many aspects.. that doesn't make us enemies.. because both we and the chinese are pragmatic..

let me give u an example... from past couple of weeks you might be seeing news that india is concerned about chinese army buildup around the border and something s like that.. and suddenly that wont make us enemies because we have a leadership we trust(both the countries).. in the same period of 2 weeks, chinese companies and its government has conducted a field visit in my state of AP to develop a city on par with the smart cities in China.. that is a mature co-operation between INdia and china.

while there are always people who get emotional and take it as agree with us or you are my enemy, let me tell you most of the Indians and the leadership of the country dont see China as an enemy, but only as a competitor.. and a good competition is always good thing to have... infact we try to emulate chinese on many things.. developing infrastructure being one among them.

while there are always people who get emotional and take it as agree with us or you are my enemy, let me tell you most of the Indians and the leadership of the country dont see China as an enemy, but only as a competitor.. and a good competition is always good thing to have... infact we try to emulate chinese on many things.. developing infrastructure being one among them.

A secular and pragmatist competitor is indeed a blessing and nothing would be more welcome than India having this mindset. And I am frankly quite optimist about India's secularism and pragmatism, in general.

@AndrewJin

I was wondering as Lijiang is not on the HSR network, what other transport alternatives to get there?

Can you suggest some alternative transports for the benefit of the rest of us?
Except for slow-speed railway, there is also a regional airport, and coach station.
People go to Lijiang by direct plane, or first go to Kunming and then transfer to a coach or train.
Since a direct flight to Lijiang from outside Yunnan is always too expensive (think about 2000+ guesthouses or hotels there), most people choose to transfer in the provincial capital city.

Lijiang Airpot
(photos from internet, i can't afford a direct flight ticket there. I used to take a train or flight to Kunming, then take slow train)
a23164460_s.jpg
134181581_14298616848911n.jpg
390066264068.jpg

Lijiang has several long-distance coach stations
It is served by several highways and Kunming-Lijiang Expressway, and several other expressways are nearly finished to replace dangerous mountainous roads.
1213.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 22.05.46.png
121213.jpg

Last edited:
A secular and pragmatist competitor is indeed a blessing and nothing would be more welcome than India having this mindset. And I am frankly quite optimist about India's secularism and pragmatism, in general.

except for a miniscule number of nutjobs, india by far is more tolerant and secular society... and with modi at the helm, our main objective is to increase the quality of average indian life by increasing business opportunities and what best way to that than co-operating with china... Chinese companies are about to devleop a township in the indian city of Amaravati and we are eagerly looking forward to that.

@ahojunk This is Lijiang-Dali Expressway (G5611), a tributary of the 3405km-long Hangzhou-Ruili Expressway (G56).
95eef01f3a292df5aa6dd235be315c6034a87367.jpg.png

G56 marked blue
G56-11 marked red
G56_map.svg.png

(photos taken in July, 2015)
122.jpg
3443.jpg
1232.jpg
23232.jpg

So if you take a coach from Kunming to Lijiang, first on G56, then G5611.
Yunnan's expressway network is still quiet weak, but from my fourth trip to Yunnan in 2015, I saw expressway construction sites everywhere, to Shangri-la, to Lugu Lake, etc. Expressways are so vital to local tourism and economy. Traditional highways are not controlled-access, not efficient and fast.

Last edited:
Lijiang-Airport,Yunnan(1).jpg

This is one nice looking airport for the small town of Lijiang located in remote Yunnan. Amazing!
To be honest, I was expecting a more rundown looking airport considering the remoteness of the area.

@AndrewJin

Do you have more pictures of the area, for example the journey on G56 and G5611 to Lijiang?
Someone told me that the Dali-Lijiang Expressway has some amazing sceneries.
If you have them, please share. @Tiqiu and I look forward to viewing them.

View attachment 308785
This is one nice looking airport for the small town of Lijiang located in remote Yunnan. Amazing!
To be honest, I was expecting a more rundown looking airport considering the remoteness of the area.

@AndrewJin

Do you have more pictures of the area, for example the journey on G56 and G5611 to Lijiang?
Someone told me that the Dali-Lijiang Expressway has some amazing sceneries.
If you have them, please share. @Tiqiu and I look forward to viewing them.
Unfortunately, I have only experienced Lijiang-Jianchuan section of G5611 and Dali-Kunming section of G56.
The most beautiful section is from Jianchuan-Dali, that is by the Erhai Lake!
When I was at a small village by the Erhai Lake, I could see G5611 on the roof of my guesthouse.
12.jpg
123.jpg

Some photos from online about G5611
10-21-59-18-3.jpg

20141208103126_52367.jpg
10-24-09-88-3.jpg

China Wants India To Build High-Speed Rail Network

27bullet-train1.jpg

BEIJING: India's first bullet train project may have gone to Japan but China is wooing the country to help build high-speed railway on other routes, claiming that it has the technology and expertise which could bring enormous economic and social benefits to the people.

With questions being raised on the cost factor involving setting up of high-speed railway networks, China has cited its own example of the profits that it is reaping now.

While answering the queries on the cost involved in such project, China has provided its own example by explaining how the country has been benefited by deploying such high-speed system. “The reason of introducing or promoting our high-speed railway (HSR) to other countries is that we are confident in our technologies. The second reason is that we share a lot of similarities with southeast Asian countries in terms of large population and we are all developing countries,” Vice General Engineer of the China Railway Corporation Zhao Guotang told visiting journalists from India and some ASEAN nations at the China Railways headquarters here, reports PTI.

“We are also quite happy to share our experiences with these nations. The advantages brought by HSR to our economic and social development is quite remarkable and quite well known,” he adds.

http://techstory.in/india-high-speed-rail-network-19042016/

We need it now but for the exorbitant cost involved. :(

China Wants India To Build High-Speed Rail Network

27bullet-train1.jpg

BEIJING: India's first bullet train project may have gone to Japan but China is wooing the country to help build high-speed railway on other routes, claiming that it has the technology and expertise which could bring enormous economic and social benefits to the people.

With questions being raised on the cost factor involving setting up of high-speed railway networks, China has cited its own example of the profits that it is reaping now.

While answering the queries on the cost involved in such project, China has provided its own example by explaining how the country has been benefited by deploying such high-speed system. “The reason of introducing or promoting our high-speed railway (HSR) to other countries is that we are confident in our technologies. The second reason is that we share a lot of similarities with southeast Asian countries in terms of large population and we are all developing countries,” Vice General Engineer of the China Railway Corporation Zhao Guotang told visiting journalists from India and some ASEAN nations at the China Railways headquarters here, reports PTI.

“We are also quite happy to share our experiences with these nations. The advantages brought by HSR to our economic and social development is quite remarkable and quite well known,” he adds.

http://techstory.in/india-high-speed-rail-network-19042016/

We need it now but for the exorbitant cost involved. :(
It is costly.
In the short run it is quite expensive, but what it means for the economy is way more than a method of transportation in a broader context.

World Bank: A Look at the Impact of China's GuiGuang and NanGuang Rail Lines

STORY HIGHLIGHTS

• China's new Nanning-Guangzhou and Guiyang-Guangzhou high-speed railway (HSR) lines connect economically advanced regions with poorer and less-developed areas
  • The World Bank financed a small portion of each rail line - US$600 million of an estimated US$22.2 billion
  • In addition to its logistical and economic benefits, the new train lines are receiving rave reviews from travelers and boosting tourism numbers

The modern railway protection movement of China
3f950a7b02087bf4db5d4e56f7d3572c10dfcfd8-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom