What's new

China's Advance High-Speed Rail technology will export to U.S, After export to Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomluter

Reaction score
Country
China
GE and China MOR Sign Strategic MOU to Advance High-Speed Rail Opportunities in the U.S.
Partnership Positions GE as first U.S. High-Speed Rail Locomotive Manufacturer

http://www.genewscenter.com/content/detail.aspx?ReleaseID=9022&NewsAreaID=2

Erie, Pa., USA and Beijing, China (Nov. 17, 2009) -

GE and China’s Ministry of Railways today announced that they signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to jointly advance high-speed rail (HSR) opportunities in the United States. This collaboration will allow GE Transportation to be the first U.S. locomotive manufacturer to more effectively compete for high-speed rail projects against global competitors. In addition, the partnership would accelerate GE’s passenger rail technologies and create in the near future up to 150 high technology jobs in the U.S. The announcement was made as part of "GE's Clean Technology Week in China" activities.

Lorenzo Simonelli, President and CEO of GE Transportation said, “China is a vital partner to GE Transportation’s future growth, and we find that China’s Ministry of Railways and GE share a common goal – driving high-speed rail technology development more quickly and broadly. We look forward to pursuing this collaboration.”

Tim Schweikert, President of GE Transportation China, said, “High-Speed Rail in the U.S. and in markets worldwide is a significant opportunity for infrastructure and business growth. With the signing of today's framework agreement, GE and China’s Ministry of Railways have provided the basis for a cooperation-focused framework that will enhance economic development, create new jobs and promote research and development for high-speed railway technology.

“While GE currently is the world leader in locomotive diesel-electric and electronic control systems technology, China currently is a leader in high-speed rail technology for speeds of 220 miles per hour. Working together, both parties could develop the best solutions faster to serve America’s high-speed rail needs for many years to come.”

More than $13 billion will be spent over the next five years to support higher- and high-speed rail infrastructure development in the United States. Over the next three years, China will invest about $300 billion into its railways infrastructure, expanding its network by more than 20,000 kilometers, including 13,000 kilometers of track designed for high-speed trains capable of traveling up to 220 miles per hour.

GE currently is working with China’s largest diesel locomotive manufacturing company, CSR Qishuyan Locomotive Co., Ltd., to provide China’s Ministry of Railways with the most technologically advanced, fuel-efficient and low-emissions diesel-electric, heavy-haul locomotive available to date. More than 100 of these locomotives already have been placed in revenue service by the MOR.

This current project as well as past projects in cooperation with China’s Ministry of Railways have sustained and created high technology manufacturing jobs in the U.S. for American workers to manufacture and assemble key components essential to these types of projects.

The signing of the framework agreement on high-speed railway cooperation reflects a partnership expansion between GE and China’s Ministry of Railways and has the potential for 3,500 U.S. jobs to support HSR development. By terms of the framework agreement at least 80% of the content of any potential high-speed locomotives or signaling equipment would be sourced from U.S. suppliers, and all final assembly would be performed in the U.S.

The pics are China's 350km/h CRH3
xin_3420905230825671040112.jpg

cfd76256261a1588b9ae07add908dfe1.jpg

49dc9b7629fe5a5a7760ae2c7b3ba21a.jpg

d28ec23806fee4e4f15385d8b93af9aa.jpg

be19c7003001e9a89b45d5a13738bda1._.jpg

6c1796c0bcaa290313ef9ec2cbc99c8c.jpg

Attachments

• cfd76256261a1588b9ae07add908dfe1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 49dc9b7629fe5a5a7760ae2c7b3ba21a.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 12
  • cfd76256261a1588b9ae07add908dfe1.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 49dc9b7629fe5a5a7760ae2c7b3ba21a.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
doono when india will have something like this.,????
a lot room for improvement in transportation.

when your government can save your money stop buy high price weapons?
people want to peace and rich, your government and ******* media wants a war. If you do not have a war in ten years, you need a lot of money for maintenance.

弓虽汉;554733 said:
people want to peace and rich, your government and ******* media wants a war. If you do not have a war in ten years, you need a lot of money for maintenance.

hey, buddy. he is not you enemy, is he? or is he a anti-china indian? if he was not, why are you trying so hard to made him one?:undecided:

弓虽汉;554733 said:

why you govt. dont save money and stop making high price weapons.

Biggest Reason is feasibility. If this rail even come out, it will cost not less than what low cost airlines offers to you.

In India, Railway and low cost airlines are very cheap. So, we may never need bullet train. Another reason, India's four main city delhi, mumbai, chennai and kolkata are situated in four different directions unlike china or japan where we can cover short distance.

We will not have any bullet train in India at least in next 10 years. The reason is simple; it is not financially viable for us to operate a bullet train.

For an example the distance between Delhi and Kolkata is near about 1500km. You can travel in Rajdhani (Indian Railway’s premier train) on 2 tier AC by paying Rs. 2500 ($45). The flight fare today in the same root is Rs 4500 ($100). The duration of a flight is 2 hours. So People will never use bullet train. So we do not need a bullet train.

So if you want to travel on bullet train visit France, Japan, China.

Hey, folks.
please dont argue. I dont think India is executing a militarism policy, and I dont think they do not need high-speed rail networks. they just concerned,and just their economy does not reach the fairish scale so far.

But,those are not the point, The point is that we have had some most advanced wheel-mode HSR techology in the world, we have leaved our teachers of yesterday behind in this field.

The most important thing is that we export our technology to U.S. , it will help to change the Standard of high-speed rail of the world.

The Standard of Our HSR that run in low price,most comfort,most rapid, across vast extent countries and on the complex topographic features, it will take place Japanese and European Standard that are in high price, small countries,shot ranges. And I think U.S. will help us to achieve the purpose,after GE use our technology. Russia too.

Last edited:
弓虽汉;554733 said:

Yeah, thanks to Pakistan and China,

Hey, folks.
please dont argue. I dont think India is executing a militarism policy, and I dont think they do not need high-speed rail networks. they just concerned,and just their economy does not reach the fairish scale so far.

But,those are not the point, The point is that we have had some most advanced wheel-mode HSR techology in the world, we have leaved our teachers of yesterday behind in this field.

The most important thing is that we export our technology to U.S. , it will help to change the Standard of high-speed rail of the world.

The Standard of Our HSR that run in low price,most comfort,most rapid, across vast extent countries and on the complex topographic features, it will take place Japanese and European Standard that are in high price, small countries,shot ranges. And I think U.S. will help us to achieve the purpose,after GE use our technology.

Of what the initial post states that the technology is American, mixed with Chinas cheap labour and production fascilities they want to export that. Not Chinese technology. Please stand corrected. Ironcially, just last saturday I had my CHinese friends over and they are being posted to Shanghai. We discussed, or rather I suggested it would be economical to travel by train with China, they blatantly told me that the upper class will never travel by train. The superfast train links are only between major cities, whereas the other areas are linked by just ordinary trains. I admire China and what it is aiming for, but a lot of it is cosmetic and more a gimmick to awe the international audience.

Of what the initial post states that the technology is American, mixed with Chinas cheap labour and production fascilities they want to export that. Not Chinese technology. Please stand corrected. Ironcially, just last saturday I had my CHinese friends over and they are being posted to Shanghai. We discussed, or rather I suggested it would be economical to travel by train with China, they blatantly told me that the upper class will never travel by train. The superfast train links are only between major cities, whereas the other areas are linked by just ordinary trains. I admire China and what it is aiming for, but a lot of it is cosmetic and more a gimmick to awe the international audience.[/quote]

Yeah right, typical Indians sour grape mentality sure will come back

to bite your own A@S

Nice make up story to support your crap.

I guess China really need to learn from Indian's advance trains tec.

HaHaHa:smitten::pakistan::china:

Of what the initial post states that the technology is American, mixed with Chinas cheap labour and production fascilities they want to export that. Not Chinese technology. Please stand corrected. Ironcially, just last saturday I had my CHinese friends over and they are being posted to Shanghai. We discussed, or rather I suggested it would be economical to travel by train with China, they blatantly told me that the upper class will never travel by train. The superfast train links are only between major cities, whereas the other areas are linked by just ordinary trains. I admire China and what it is aiming for, but a lot of it is cosmetic and more a gimmick to awe the international audience.[/quote]

Yeah right, typical Indians sour grape mentality sure will come back

to bite your own A@S

Nice make up story to support your crap.

I guess China really need to learn from Indian's advance trains tec.

HaHaHa:smitten::pakistan::china:

If China was all that you make it out to be you wouldn't be sitting pretty in the US hotshot.

PS: whats with the double space?

why you govt. dont save money and stop making high price weapons.

Biggest Reason is feasibility. If this rail even come out, it will cost not less than what low cost airlines offers to you.

In India, Railway and low cost airlines are very cheap. So, we may never need bullet train. Another reason, India's four main city delhi, mumbai, chennai and kolkata are situated in four different directions unlike china or japan where we can cover short distance.

Quote: "why you govt. dont save money and stop making high price weapons."

Because our Govt. has enough money to have a savings account, and look after our people by feeding them and providing the necessary tech to lead better lives, all the while developing a modern army and exporting the lessons learnt ;)

If China was all that you make it out to be you wouldn't be sitting pretty in the US hotshot.

PS: whats with the double space?

lol I dunno if he'd allow me to tell you this but Greyboy got kicked out of China by his family and was sent to the USA to get disciplined by other family members.

Sorry Greyboy, I'm in NZ for nearly the same reasons...

Of what the initial post states that the technology is American, mixed with Chinas cheap labour and production fascilities they want to export that. Not Chinese technology. Please stand corrected. Ironcially .....

..."While GE currently is the world leader in locomotive diesel-electric and electronic control systems technology, China currently is a leader in high-speed rail technology for speeds of 220 miles per hour. Working together, both parties could develop the best solutions faster to serve America’s high-speed rail needs for many years to come.”
"the partnership would accelerate GE’s passenger rail technologies and create in the near future up to 150 high technology jobs in the U.S. "

GE currently is working with China’s largest diesel locomotive manufacturing company, CSR Qishuyan Locomotive Co., Ltd., to provide China’s Ministry of Railways with the most technologically advanced, fuel-efficient and low-emissions diesel-electric, heavy-haul locomotive available to date.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
What the initial post states is clear enough.
About low price labour?[/B]80% of the content will made in U.S., Who's cheap labour? U.S. cheap labour?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
This current project as well as past projects in cooperation with China’s Ministry of Railways have sustained and created high technology manufacturing jobs in the U.S. for American workers to manufacture and assemble key components essential to these types of projects.

The signing of the framework agreement on high-speed railway cooperation reflects a partnership expansion between GE and China’s Ministry of Railways and has the potential for 3,500 U.S. jobs to support HSR development. By terms of the framework agreement at least 80% of the content of any potential high-speed locomotives or signaling equipment would be sourced from U.S. suppliers, and all final assembly would be performed in the U.S.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom