What's new

China's 'Come to Jesus' Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
USA is drifting away the Christian doctrine by inflicting pains and bully upon those small countries. Jesus spreaded his doctrine not only in Israel but Palestan and Egypt as well thousands years ago. Israel discarded Jesus for their own aviracious, that's why they suffered so much in the past as punishment. China will be the next country Jesus will stay and bless.

You got that all backwards. Ever heard some of the US politicians talk about "exporting American values". It's those actions are causing so much bloodshed.

You're right. :tup:

I can say from experience, that Singaporean and Malaysian Chinese tend to be mostly Atheist or Buddhist or Taoist, they mostly kept to the old ways.

Well Several factors can add to why Chinese tend to be more religious in the USA.

I actually see this first hand so I'll tell you my experience.

At my school, they were passing out flyers to anyone that "looked Chinese, but not Chinese American" as "potential converts".

Thanks for writing down your personal experience, it was very enlightening for me. :tup:

That is quite a system they have there!

That bastard poured oil and set fire on his ex-girl friend is said to a Hui. One of his parent is said to be Hui, the other is Han.

Who knows could be, Hans and Huis.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

please dont pollute our great country with that vulgar religion.
christians are a threat to the very existence of the human species.

No need to get like that. let him believe what he wants to.

Hui people are not necessarily equal to Muslim.

There was just a very long historic/religious linkage between Hui people and their Muslim ancestry maybe 1000 years ago. I'm not denying that a large amount of Hui are Muslim or following Muslim regulations in daily life, in one way or another though.

I never met a single Hui people who do not follow Islam. Hui people follow Islam just like Han people worship ancestors. Maybe I am wrong. Hui, Uyghur and Kazaks in my memory are the 3 largest groups in China that follow Islam.

Please be more respectful to our fellow countrymen. :disagree:

Chinese people have followed many different religions, but we are all still Chinese at the end of the day. Any true patriot would know that.

Ahhhh, the real Hu Songshan was a famour historical Hui imam. The "Hu Songshan" member here most probably just use as a member name. :laugh:

Thanks indeed!

I just googled the Wikipedia entry, and learned something. Wish they taught us about such an interesting character in school textbooks. Of course, either because of his connections to the "five mas", or because of his religious affiliation, or both, he wasn't mentioned in my books back then at all.

Or more likely I was just a borderline student.

Better late than never.

christianity and democracy are the biggest threat to china.

because it is that evil american empire that is forcing it on china to adopt these 2 systems.

the quicker the american empire falls, the safer this world becomes.

Hey Fair&Unbiased were you one of the targeted Chinese they were trying to convert ? :D

I never met a single Hui people who do not follow Islam. Hui people follow Islam just like Han people worship ancestors. Maybe I am wrong. Hui, Uyghur and Kazaks in my memory are the 3 largest groups in China that follow Islam.

Quite opposite. I met some Hui but none tole me that he is a muslim.

American Value is not euqal to Christianity. Jesus is born in Israel not in the west. You should not say Christianity is a poisonous to Chinese. You should not take what USA saying and acting for granted as a reference what is descibed in the Holy Bible.

I actually see this first hand so I'll tell you my experience.

At my school, they were passing out flyers to anyone that "looked Chinese, but not Chinese American" as "potential converts".

What they were looking for, hard to say, so I'll just say what I was wearing: nylon black Nike basketball jacket, bright green Adidas shirt, black pants, black backpack, listening to mp3. They walked up to me and in Chinese (this was a school with thousands of Asian Americans), asked, "Do you want to join our club?" and handed me a flyer.

It was a flyer about a bowling party, with the latest internet slang, in Chinese, all free, and at the very bottom, in tiny letters and in English:

"Sponsored by City of XXXXXXX Taiwanese Church"

It was a recruitment party.

Why were they targetting CHINESE but not CHINESE AMERICANS? Here is my theory:

1. Chinese students might be lonely, so they'll want to come more, than the Chinese Americans who grew up in the US.

2. Chinese Americans are most likely already Christian so it is a waste to target that demographic.

3. Chinese students might misread the tiny English letters.

Now if you think this was isolated, don't be fooled. Other people met them too.

Did they try and Convert you ? :D ''looked Chinese, but not Chinese American" Whites in the USA are becoming more Liberal and leaving Christians they need replace so why not target helpless Chinese or people who look Chinese LMAFO.

Thanks for writing down your personal experience, it was very enlightening for me. :tup:

That is quite a system they have there!

it is a conversion machine. i don't know who is sponsoring this. it is some sort of scheme.

Vietnamese never get tricked by this. I'm impressed.

Here's what I noticed: The vast majority of Christians here seem to be Taiwanese and they're focusing their conversion efforts on Mandarin speakers. Cantonese are far less vulnerable to brainwashing. The most easily brainwashed are people from Shanghai and Fujian. The most resistant to brainwashing other than Muslims and Tibetans are Southwesterners, South Central, and Cantonese.

Quite opposite. I met some Hui but none tole me that he is a muslim.

Some aren't we also have Buddhist and Atheists.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

it is a conversion machine. i don't know who is sponsoring this. it is some sort of scheme.

Vietnamese never get tricked by this. I'm impressed.

Here's what I noticed: The vast majority of Christians here seem to be Taiwanese and they're focusing their conversion efforts on Mandarin speakers. Cantonese are far less vulnerable to brainwashing. The most easily brainwashed are people from Shanghai and Fujian. The most resistant to brainwashing other than Muslims and Tibetans are Southwesterners, South Central, and Cantonese.

So this was at your school or something ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom